Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Drawing attention to this shit ought to be Illegal... - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Drawing attention to this shit ought to be Illegal...

#16 User is offline Lambda 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

• Project:Sonic Theta

View PostClutch, on 13 February 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

They could've drawn attention to far worse. I'll leave it at that.

The dude who wrote the article made sure to make note of that.

And, they stated that this is a series that is going to show off the horrible fan-art of SEVERAL different fandoms.

Honestly, I can,t undetstand why people are so mad over this, yet a good chunk of us visit "A Moment of Archie Sonic". They're the same things. Blogs that are wirtten to give a few laughs. Nothing to rage about, and nothing that's new, either.

#17 User is offline Guess Who 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

• It's a miracle!
  • Project:lol
  • Wiki edits:2
The difference: Kotaku operates under the pretense of being legitimate gaming journalism.

#18 User is offline 87th 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

• FOX HOUNDER
  • Project:Describing sailors to the under-fed.
This kind of opinion piece is called an editorial. It's an opinion piece to shed light on something that's happening within the wider reaches of the site's subject matter. It's not really supposed to be news, and it's not uncommon protocol for journalism. If you're not fond of this kind of stuff, that's fine, but suggesting this is some kind of underhanded scheme thought up by Kotaku to feed off the hate of their readers is a bit ridiculous. Kotaku's just a website that with writers who often like to do something to inform or entertain, other than regurgitate press releases.

I'll admit they've made a lot of mistakes on the site, though. That design change seems entirely out of touch with what its readers actually wanted.

#19 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

• Project:Playing Wii U - ADD ME.
  • Wiki edits:5
Sonic is often drawn in different scenarios because he's easy to draw, has very basic yet complimentary colours, and can be given a wide amount of distinct positions and facial expressions.

That said, I've seen worse, and it's really creepy. It's probably just because I'm part of the Sonic scene that I find that lots of people seem to be furries. Still, even they could be a lot worse. I read a transcript of someone's who used to be on the Sonic scene till recently, and I have been sick to my stomach since. People in general are just friggin' wierd.

#20 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

• 2 warps to Neptune
  • Project:Blog Squirrel
  • Wiki edits:20,569
I think Kotaku's adopted a "quantity over quality" stance

As in, moreso than usual. I think they're doing "themed" half-days or something and moving towards a system which sees them update at least a couple of times an hour, regardless of whether there's news. So they're putting up all sorts of stupid things.

I wish there was something in place where you could filter all of the crap out. Sometimes they highlight something genuinely interesting but these things are few and far between.

#21 User is offline TheDarkArchon 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

• Idiot

View PostTanks, on 13 February 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

We should probably be relieved they didn't delve even further into the cesspool, lest we be forced to go to arms to beat back this unholy beast, praying the seal of deviant art will hold it once more.

Sonic fandom is terrible. Kotaku is terrible. Nothing new here.

#22 User is offline Nova 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

• what did you say, motherfucker
  • Wiki edits:17

Welcome to the first weekly installment of Freaky Fan Art, an exploration of the peculiar, bizarre, and downright peculiar places gamers' imaginations take them after the end credits roll.

hahahahahahaha

Also, illegal? That's... a tad too far, really. This shit is pretty funny after all, I just don't think Kotaku realized (or cared) that bringing this stuff into the public eye is like opening a huge can of worms for some people here. I couldn't really care less, the public view of this fandom is already bad enough as it is and this probably won't make a difference.

#23 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

• DUNKING MY WAY TO VICTORY
  • Project:a hack lol
  • Wiki edits:30
I honestly love the idea that Kotaku is doing more than just reposting NeoGAF topics and then claiming that it's a Kotaku exclusive. Although I couldn't care about the site in the slightest now, I did find this article hilarious but I honestly think the site jumped the shark with it's new design.
This post has been edited by Krigo: 14 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

#24 User is offline Sik 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

• Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".
  • Project:being an asshole =P
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostEpsilonsama, on 13 February 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

In all seriousness Kotaku is a tabloid of really low quality.
Huh, what would qualify as high quality tabloid? Like, doesn't tabloid already imply crap?

#25 User is offline Kogen 

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

• Derp
  • Project:Last Party on the Moon
  • Wiki edits:28
Toilet Sonic is cute and looks better than Modern Sonic.

#26 User is offline Walnut 

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Fun fact, you can go on Deviant Art and search <Your Name> the Hedgehog and find something about 95% of the time

Only people with obscure first names like Yalda or something don't have it work

#27 User is offline Jayextee 

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

• Comic Mischief
  • Project:Who knows? Toss a coin, will ya?
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostWalnut, on 15 February 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Fun fact, you can go on Deviant Art and search <Your Name> the Hedgehog and find something about 95% of the time

Just tried this with 'Jay' and 'Justin' (my actual given name that I hate like you wouldn't believe). Both yielded results. You're fucking creepy. I'm scared. And legally, Sega owns ALL this shit. Biggest non-canon cast ever? :P

#28 User is offline MrBadger 

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostJayextee, on 17 February 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

View PostWalnut, on 15 February 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Just tried this with 'Jay' and 'Justin' (my actual given name that I hate like you wouldn't believe). Both yielded results. You're fucking creepy. I'm scared. And legally, Sega owns ALL this shit. Biggest non-canon cast ever? :P

It doesn't stop with names either, try words like midnight, darkness or twister

#29 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
^Well that's just obvious. I tried my name, my boyfriend's name, and one of my other friends names (Paul, Sean, and Amanda respectively) and that worked. Hilarious yet sad

#30 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

You are actually kidding me. And just for kicks, I tried the rest of my family's names. Clive was the only one that yielded no actual matches.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users