Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Panic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic Panic

#31 User is offline Mega Spit 

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Noted!Most of those are easy fixes. I can roll out an updated demo today. I'm not sure what you mean by "moon running", though. And this isn't Sonic Worlds, so I wouldn't have heard about it if it were an issue there. I'm guessing that it's when you hit a spring to run the other direction but the animation doesn't turn, like moon walking... but I could use some clarification.

I'm embarrassed that the error is there. That's just stupidity on my part. I deleted a bunch of assets from later levels to make the demo filesize smaller and deleted something that actually went up being used. Whoops. I'll have that all fixed soon.

EDIT: All fixed aside from the moon running thing. Let me know if you find anything else.
This post has been edited by Mega Spit: 30 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

#32 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

• Keep your eyes on the stars... You'll never be one!
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1
Hope y'all take the time to check this out, I had a ton of fun with the demo. As far as fangames go, this one offers one of the most classic-authentic experiences around when it comes to visual aesthetics and level design. It's got some solid tunes in the mix as well (not just the ones I worked on either :specialed: ). Well worth a download, and I'm super pumped to play the final game myself.

#33 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

• For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63

View PostMega Spit, on 30 September 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

I'm guessing that it's when you hit a spring to run the other direction but the animation doesn't turn, like moon walking...

That's exactly what it is. It's like moon walking, but Sonic is in his running animation, hence "moon running". It was an annoying bug that exists in BTS/ATS and old builds of Worlds, until I put in the control lock like in the Genesis games. (Player input is overriding the forced change of animation direction, basically)

#34 User is offline Mega Spit 

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Big update:

After gathering up all of the criticism I could find on this game throughout various sources, I've come up with some updates that should make everyone happy. Using newer engines as a model, I've tweaked a whole lot of the variables and changed a lot of Sonic's physics as well as ironed out some minor bugs that people may or may not have noticed.

Fixes:
-Adjusted Sonic's acceleration and turning to be much more similar to the original games
-Adjusted Sonic's jump height to be slightly higher
-Adjusted Sonic's top speed to be higher
-Adjusted the sprite rotation angles so that Sonic won't flicker between angles for 1-2 frames while on certain slopes
-Completely redid the spindash, making it more similar to Sonic 2

-Made it so that sideways springs will flip the player in the opposite direction
-Changed the hit-box on the buzz saw of the first boss to be more accurate and forgiving
-Fixed a bug where jumping after hanging on a rope would force the player into a buzzsaw attack
-Fixed a bug where jumping onto the top of a sideways spring would bounce the player
-Fixed a bug where the credits screen would sometimes change the screen resolution back to the default

If you tried the demo already and have some free time, by all means, please check out the new build. Even if you liked it before, I feel you'll like it a lot more this time around.

#35 User is offline Mega Spit 

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm not dead. At least not completely.

#36 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:09 PM

• Keep your eyes on the stars... You'll never be one!
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1
Lookin' good, boss. Guess it'd be high time for me to finish those tracks lmao

#37 User is offline Hez 

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27
Going to have to give this a whirl when I get time. Screenshots look fantastic.

#38 User is offline Noah Copeland 

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:51 AM

Can't remember if I played this at SAGE last year. Either way, I'm gonna check out the new build

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users