Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 27 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! ALERT: contains UNMARKED SPOILERS. Beware of spoilers! (Spoilers)

#391 User is offline Hanging Waters 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostCollectiveWater, on 13 June 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostLaura, on 13 June 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

Considering that the DLC comes next month, we really don't know much about what Encore mode is.

As much as I love Mania, I get the feeling that they really don't have much to show other than Mighty and Ray to be honest.

Like I said, hopefully some kind person at E3 can get footage from one of the "Plus" kiosks. We'll see. (Maybe there aren't any/it isn't playable there, which would be weird. I've tried asking whether it is or not from some people attending but haven't gotten an answer yet.)

I don't think it's playable, or else don't you think somebody would've posted off-camera footage by now? My guess is they're saving most of the Encore gameplay and any footage of Mighty and Ray for the birthday stream.

Gotta say, however, that this whole toaster fiasco has been really genuinely disappointing. I didn't mind last year's stream at all because, even with some hitched along the way, they still showed us everything we were expecting them to show us, and more when you consider how much of a surprise the first Mania trailer was. I love the toaster gag and all, but with this stream we really didn't get anything they promised, and they didn't promise much. The schedule only said that there would be a gameplay battle, and there was no gameplay shown and no battle to be had. :/ I don't doubt that Plus is gonna be a good buy. I'm still planning on buying it day one. But this is just one of those little things that makes your day a little worse, yknow?
This post has been edited by Hanging Waters: 13 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

#392 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

• Wiki edits:22
They made toast? Is this supposed to be a meme or aomething? I'm really sick of the memes. They need to cool it.

#393 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:22 PM

• Wiki edits:18
They made some really burnt toast that I don't think is either tasty nor healthy.

#394 User is offline CollectiveWater 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

View PostHanging Waters, on 13 June 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

I don't think it's playable, or else don't you think somebody would've posted off-camera footage by now? My guess is they're saving most of the Encore gameplay and any footage of Mighty and Ray for the birthday stream.

Yeah, there probably aren't kiosks of it there for some reason. (Seems bizarre that it isn't since it's a fairly big release coming out in a month that surely has already gone gold considering the time needed to manufacture all those discs and cartridges for the physical version.)

It seemed like not all kiosks/demo stations were available on Tuesday (show floor is open for slightly less time on day 1 and non-industry attendees only had 5 hours to see stuff on the first day, whereas they got 7 today and 9 tomorrow). I think the first day is mostly private demo sessions for industry attendees/games press and more limited in terms of the kiosks on the show floor being on/available. But yeah if there were any "Mania Plus" kiosks in Sega's booth or anywhere else on the show floor surely people would have had access to it today. I kind of assumed if it was there it'd probably get overlooked by most if not all games press since they have tons of appointments to see higher-profile upcoming releases in behind-closed-doors demo sessions, plus interviews with high-profile creators, etcetera. (That isn't to say "Mania" isn't high profile--but it is mainly DLC to a game that already released nearly a year ago. Obviously games being revealed for the first time are going to take precedence/be more exciting to many in the games press.) But yeah you'd think there'd be off-camera footage by a non-industry attendee if it was playable there today, so it probably is not.

Hopefully Aaron and co. play some of it during one of the streams before release day. If not, guess we just got to wait until release to get our "Plus"/Encore fix. Can't wait!

Edit: Ah, thanks Jason for the confirmation below. How bizarre. Maybe they didn't think it was a big enough deal or just wanted to focus entirely on "Team Sonic Racing." ("Mania Plus" looks a lot better/more interesting to me than the new racing game.) Oh well.

Also doesn't it seem weird that they would announce "Mania Plus" months in advance of E3, have a gorgeous new trailer for it, green-light and release a short 5-episode animated promotional series for it, all while barely giving any information whatsoever on "Team Sonic Racing" to only spit out a minute and a half gameplay trailer on Monday (the busiest day of E3 when almost all of the press conferences happen, therefore it got totally buried in all the other news), but then at the show itself only show the latter game ("Team Sonic Racing") and not have even a single kiosk for "Plus"? And promote as part of your livestream at the show a "multiplayer battle" look at the game to then not showing anything new of it/related to multiplayer whatsoever? Just utterly bewildering.
This post has been edited by CollectiveWater: 14 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

#395 User is offline Jason 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
The official lineup does not include Mania Plus as playable. I'm not sure it's even there aside from some banners advertising it.

#396 User is online TheKazeblade 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:47 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"

View PostJason, on 13 June 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

Their E3 presence is so weird this year. I wonder if Mania Plus not being present was a last minute problem. Everything about how they promoted the "Mania" panel today implied it was going to be there.

#397 User is offline Fadaway 

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

I think this was a strategic move in light of the leak. However, it does cost it some hype. Yet, there are other ways to hype this type of thing right now without spoiling much. Hmmmm. Maybe they didn't want to run the risk of appearing to beat a dead horse. Play it cool, minimalist, shrewd, and suave, you know? Either that or just laziness. And, all things considered, it just may be cost-effective laziness.
This post has been edited by Fadaway: 13 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

#398 User is offline CollectiveWater 

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

Hmm, so there was a Puma + Sonic launch party for those new shoes they're putting out at a shoe store called Nice Kicks in L.A. earlier tonight, and "Mania" was playable at the event (looked like there were a handful of kiosks). Wonder if it was a recent "Plus" build or an older vanilla "Mania" build. Probably the latter. Still find it pretty bizarre "Mania Plus" seemingly isn't playable on the show floor at the convention center. Oh well; one month to go!

#399 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
I do kinda wish the PR team would be a little more serious sometimes. It can't all just be memeing.

#400 User is offline Kail 

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

• depression queen
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostDark Sonic, on 14 June 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

It can't all just be memeing.

hey now, that's dangerous thinking

#401 User is offline Jason 

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
Looks like the offsite event was pretty rad.

#402 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostJason, on 14 June 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Good for them. We got toast. :(

• 27 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users