Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SonicGDK 1.30.000 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 84 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

SonicGDK 1.30.000 Along with playable levels inside

#811 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast

View PostMrCoconuts, on 26 February 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Playing the test world with my gamepad, and my Y axis is inverted. How do I change this?

View PostXaklse, on 26 August 2010 - 09:09 AM, said:

1. Open UDKInput.ini file of ...\SonicGDK\UDKGame\Config folder.
2. Search for "GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad" word.
3. Set "Speed" to -1.0, so that the entire line would look like:
Bindings=(name="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=-1.0 DeadZone=0.1")
4. Save and close.
5. Play.
6. Have fun.

This post has been edited by TheInvisibleSun: 26 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

#812 User is offline Toriano 

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

• Superficial
  • Project:None
@Xaklse Whilst playing around with the newer GDK build,I stumbled upon the collision for the dash ring.
Just wanted to know if the collision is the trigger for the dash/sound/animation/etc.Seemed interesting,though
I'm no coder at all.

#813 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'm having problems downloading it; could you upload it on to a different file-sharing site please?

#814 User is offline Xaklse 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

• Wiki edits:11

View PostMortimer, on 18 February 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm curious if a ingame map/mini-map would be possible, maybe that could alleviate the feeling of getting lost in more open levels somewhat?
It's possible, not in my plans though.

View PostToriano, on 06 March 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

@Xaklse Whilst playing around with the newer GDK build,I stumbled upon the collision for the dash ring.
Just wanted to know if the collision is the trigger for the dash/sound/animation/etc.Seemed interesting,though I'm no coder at all.
The collision mesh detects Sonic and triggers dash/sound/animation.

View PostThe Growler, on 07 March 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I'm having problems downloading it; could you upload it on to a different file-sharing site please?
Which one and to where? No links are broken right now.

#815 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm referring to the link from the ['revised'] GDK beta.

It starts downloading fine, but it's at such a slow download speed, and I've only gotten it to about 40-something MBs before it says it's corrupted or something - that was with trying it using DAP.
This post has been edited by The Growler: 12 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

#816 User is offline P3DR0 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

• b0ss
  • Project:SONIC INFINITY

OMG UDK IS SO DESATURATED, EVERYTHING LOOKS SO BROWN AND WITHOUT COLORS, IT SUCKS!

#817 User is offline Crasher 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

• Why hello there!
That looks beautiful. Loving the Toon Shader.

#818 User is offline P3DR0 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

• b0ss
  • Project:SONIC INFINITY

View PostCrasher, on 23 March 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

That looks beautiful. Loving the Toon Shader.
Thanks Broseph. The toon shader is pretty weird in a Sonic game at first, but now, looking at the final comp, I really liked the result.

#819 User is offline Shade Vortex 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

• The Black Vortex
  • Project:Twitch Streams
I like the style, but I still hate the default GDK Sonic model. Now that we have a perfectly viable model to rig from Generations, I wish GDK in general would use it instead if Classic Sonic is a must. It'd be nice if the Modern Model was an option as well. That one "Colors" mod for GDK was awesome, until it was broken by one of the updates.

But yeah, great work, hopefully you'll be doing good level design to go along with the great style.

#820 User is offline Heat-Nova 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Wow! That looks really great! That's the way graphics should be judged IMO, not the polygon count or how "real" it looks. Its the colors that matter the most! Anyways I've been having trouble with getting SGDK to cooperate with UDK. It keeps crashing every time it loads, I think it has something to do the version I have the February 2012 Beta. Could that be the problem?

#821 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?

View PostShade Vortex, on 23 March 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I like the style, but I still hate the default GDK Sonic model. Now that we have a perfectly viable model to rig from Generations, I wish GDK in general would use it instead if Classic Sonic is a must. It'd be nice if the Modern Model was an option as well. That one "Colors" mod for GDK was awesome, until it was broken by one of the updates.

But yeah, great work, hopefully you'll be doing good level design to go along with the great style.

Then...put it in yourself? SGDK is an engine, not a beauty contest!

#822 User is offline Shade Vortex 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

• The Black Vortex

View PostAerosolSP, on 23 March 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

I came into the kitchen to order food from the chefs because I don't know how to cook and couldn't be bothered to learn (I sure hope that metaphor isn't too subtle for you!). Besides, even if I do it myself, it wouldn't change the fact that the model is terrible by default and everyone seems to be content with leaving it alone.
This post has been edited by Shade Vortex: 24 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

#823 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast

View PostShade Vortex, on 24 March 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

I came into the kitchen to order food from the chefs because I don't know how to cook and couldn't be bothered to learn (I sure hope that metaphor isn't too subtle for you!). Besides, even if I do it myself, it wouldn't change the fact that the model is terrible by default and everyone seems to be content with leaving it alone.

But that's their issue, with their project. If you don't want it in your project, change it out for another one. Besides, it's really only a placeholder regardless. Its up to the user to add/change cosmetic things, not the engine. It would be like complaining that E02 uses the S3&K sprite as a default. Your asking the architect to re-paint the walls in a house/building you already bought from him/her.

#824 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?

View PostShade Vortex, on 24 March 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

TheInvisibleSun already responded, but your snark compelled me to respond on my own!

If you don't want it in your project, then you can change it out. If you can't be bothered to learn how to, then I'm sorry.

However, other people have ported the Colors model in with most of it's animations intact. Ask someone for it.

#825 User is offline Shade Vortex 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

• The Black Vortex
On that Colors model note, "That one "Colors" mod for GDK was awesome, until it was broken by one of the updates.". I had an older version of it but it no longer works, and I haven't seen an update posted for it in here. Maybe there is one that I missed or hasn't been posted yet, and that would be awesome if so, but until I see a dl link for it I guess I'll just ignore the model from now on. Carry on with discussing the topic at hand, I suppose.

• 84 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users