Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: An official name for Sonic 2's desert - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

An official name for Sonic 2's desert

#211 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:25 PM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69

ICEknight, on Jan 29 2005, 11:16 AM, said:

ICEKnight decided for that second interview to whip the one phrase "I always called it the desert zone or desert level" totally out of context, to give the impression that that was the only thing she said

Please remove the false accusations. I used that sentence only because that's the only relevant thing that was said in the aim chat (everything else had been said in the past).

Also, as I've already said before, you can't put that sentence "out of context" since it has a very specific meaning. She thought the name could have been Dust Hill, but she knew she hadn't used that name, ever.

I'll change "to give" to "which gives", to make it clearer that you weren't deliberately being sadistic with your editing. It wasn't meant accusingly, I'm just trying to make it clearer to people who might only know about that one line of the interview. And I'm glad you're ok with me having the art on there, I wasn't sure :)

#212 User is offline Wetflame 

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:01 AM

• :D
  • Wiki edits:3
Hey, I thought of something.

Has anyone noticed how there's actually no real proof against Dust Hill being the Desert Zone since the olden days, yet for a while there everyone unquestioningly shifted to it?

Think for yourselves, people :/
This post has been edited by Wetflame: 07 February 2005 - 09:03 AM

#213 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:58 PM

• Wiki edits:18
Hmm, should this topic get archived?

#214 User is offline Shadow Fire 

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:33 PM

• Ultimate victory!
  • Project:Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
  • Wiki edits:60

magraimon said:

SANDY DESERT ZONE

W00t? That's the name of my Desert level.

PROOF! XD

I wonder... did you actually see my hack? If so, I can gather where you got that name from...

*stops rambling, and legs it*

#215 User is offline LOst 

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

• Wiki edits:2

ICEknight, on Feb 7 2005, 11:58 PM, said:

So you can be famous forever! *shot*

Well, I kinda think it's hard to read such a big thread for just two lines of info at page 6.

#216 User is offline Ben2k9 

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:49 AM

• We stand to Fight
  • Project:none at the mo
heh, you've had topics archived LOst

#217 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:01 PM

LOst, on Feb 8 2005, 12:07 AM, said:

ICEknight, on Feb 7 2005, 11:58 PM, said:

So you can be famous forever! *shot*

That's a first step for conquering this world!! *re-shot*

#218 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 09 February 2005 - 12:11 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
Just another thing I noticed, regaurding Desert and Winter zone's being the same level:

14. Why were these two zones ditched?
The last artists added to the team were myself, and a guy named Craig Stitt. Craig did the Hidden palace zone, which made it in. I came along later to create the desert/winter dust hill zone and the woods zone.

So it's the "Desert/Winter Dust Hill Zone"? The slash between the Desert and the Winter suggests she was clarifying that they were the same zone, this does depend however on how much she knew about how they were implementing the zones. Judging from how much Craig Stitt knew, him being in a similar position, I believe she may have known quite a lot about how the levels were being implemented.

Also another nugget of info, though I can't 100% proove it yet:

8. Explain the "synthesizers" some more.
This appears to be a responce to an answer, so was the interview done in 2 parts? This is why I want to contact Deviance to clarify this. If this IS the case, then she calls it Dust Hill before any prompts in the interview itself.

Of course that doesn't rule out the flood, which ICEKnight has proven to have happened by an old email from her:

Sorry I haven't written sooner, but because I got so much email regarding the Sonic level art, I decided to just answer one person, and gave him all the info I have.
I wouldn't mind a full copy .eml file of this mail if possible, for documentation. I feel this arguement needs all the evidence well documented.

#219 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:06 AM

QJimbo, on Feb 9 2005, 12:11 AM, said:

Just another thing I noticed, regaurding Desert and Winter zone's being the same level:

The last artists added to the team were myself, and a guy named Craig Stitt. Craig did the Hidden palace zone, which made it in. I came along later to create the desert/winter dust hill zone and the woods zone.

So it's the "Desert/Winter Dust Hill Zone"? The slash between the Desert and the Winter suggests she was clarifying that they were the same zone, this does depend however on how much she knew about how they were implementing the zones. Judging from how much Craig Stitt knew, him being in a similar position, I believe she may have known quite a lot about how the levels were being implemented.

Look at it this way: While she never specified the desert and winter levels were part of the same one, the art director said they were two separated levels.

Also another nugget of info, though I can't 100% proove it yet:

8. Explain the "synthesizers" some more.
This appears to be a responce to an answer, so was the interview done in 2 parts? This is why I want to contact Deviance to clarify this. If this IS the case, then she calls it Dust Hill before any prompts in the interview itself.

He mentioned the Digitizers because we were told about them in the previous interview.

Of course that doesn't rule out the flood, which ICEKnight has proven to have happened by an old email from her:

Sorry I haven't written sooner, but because I got so much email regarding the Sonic level art, I decided to just answer one person, and gave him all the info I have.
I wouldn't mind a full copy .eml file of this mail if possible, for documentation. I feel this arguement needs all the evidence well documented.

Had there been any more relevant stuff in there, I would have posted it.

#220 User is offline Frigidare 

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:43 PM

• Above picture copyright of IFG Publications

QJimbo, on Feb 9 2005, 06:11 AM, said:

So it's the "Desert/Winter Dust Hill Zone"?

Not necessarily. They shared art, he's an artist, therefore he draws one art for two zones. He calls that art winter/desert, not the levels.

#221 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10
One problem is the ambiguous nature of "level" in Sonic context - does that mean act or zone?

#222 User is offline magraimon 

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:52 PM

• A superficial anomaly of the human psyche!

Ketsuban, on Feb 10 2005, 12:43 AM, said:

One problem is the ambiguous nature of "level" in Sonic context - does that mean act or zone?

Most likely Zone. The acts would play as part of each level
(ie, you say green hill zone is a level, and it has 3 acts, rather than referring to each act individually [ie on green hill act 1, 2 and 3, this happens etc etc] )
This post has been edited by magraimon: 09 February 2005 - 07:52 PM

#223 User is offline Vangar 

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:32 AM

• Wiki edits:2
This might be a dumb question, and it sort of goes off topic, but...

If we were talking about Sonic CD, would each level be an act? Because the time differences?

#224 User is offline Maxtream 

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:11 PM

How about...

Frozen Desert Zone

or

Dry Ice Zone

#225 User is offline Sakura Courage Solo 

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

• I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt!
  • Project:A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
Diamond Dust Hill? *shot*

• 15 Pages +