Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic: Scorched Quest (AKA Burned Edition) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic: Scorched Quest (AKA Burned Edition) SHC2016 pre-3.0 release

#31 User is offline Painto maniak 

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

• I am the Painto
  • Project:Sonic: Scorched Quest, Sonic 2D Blast, other minor hacks
The OP was updated with SHC release info. Fell free to write your comments & opinions.

#32 User is offline ashthedragon 

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:21 AM

• Dragon Team
  • Project:Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
This game is awesome, is by far my favourite from this year's hacking contest. The only issue I see with it is that while playing it at real hardware it lags considerably, making it almost unplyable at some points. Console was a Genesis ( 60 hz), rom running on Mega Everdrive. It there any possibility to better optimization for next build?

#33 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

• Layin' the Wax and Spinnin' the Sounds
Sorry if I've mentioned this before, but was this optimisation ever added? I don't imagine the screen heat wave helping performance in the slightest, on top of the already-slow Sonic 1 engine.
This post has been edited by Clownacy: 15 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

#34 User is offline Painto maniak 

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:37 AM

• I am the Painto
  • Project:Sonic: Scorched Quest, Sonic 2D Blast, other minor hacks
Yeah, I've added that one IIRC. However, seeing it causes problems, I'll probably remove completely the heat effect, leaving it only to LZ water as REV01 does.

Taking an ocassion, thanks to everyone for their support, opinions, and to the judges & community for the trophies. It was really fun to work on the hack and we are actually close to completion. I'm very happy that this project has gone that far, even if it was at the start planned to be just a minihack, and also I'm happy because I will be soon one of the creators of one of few actually fully finished hacks. I'll probably finish it a lot before SHC2017, so also I'll have more time to work on my second main project, S2 Blasted.

I hope everyone who didn't yet played it, will enjoy his play as others probably did and will return to play the final version and my other pojects. Thanks and see you later.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users