Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: "Do my work for me!" (Pre-Alpha footage of Sonic & Cra - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

"Do my work for me!" (Pre-Alpha footage of Sonic & Cra

#1 User is offline LajosFace 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

• Project:Sonic & Crash: Dimension Disaster mod for Sonic Mania
Hello guys,
Yesterday, I opened a topic about the need of supporters (artists) who can make cutscenes for me for the Sonic & Crash: Dimension Disaster because I can't draw really much good. To prove the existence of the mod, here is some pre-alpha footage of my work:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I really hope you appreciate my project and contact me at this e-mail address ([email protected]) to be a volunteer making this happen (yes, I can't pay for it, because I'm only 15).
Best regards,
LajosFace (WaG_Gaming)

#2 User is offline 360 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
I....should probably be nice to you because you're only 15 but dude - this thread isn't much of an improvement to your last one and Overlord's just going to come in here and lock this.

To give you some helpful advice that's a bit more reasoned - you don't have sufficient progress yet. This looks like five minutes of work. It's basically some images spliced together which anyone could come up with in two minutes in Paint. You need far more substantial progress to encourage more people to get on-board with this. Come back when you have more, and by more, I mean months of work.
This post has been edited by 360: 12 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

#3 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

• maybe she's born with it
  • Project:maybe it's maybelline
  • Wiki edits:20,569
Let's be fair, he did exactly what Overlord said. In the most literal way possible.

Anyway everyone starting their internet career makes a topic like this. Welcome to yours.

#4 User is offline Josh 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

• TGC Warrior
  • Wiki edits:1
You want to know how bad those screenshots are? When I came into this topic and looked at them, my first thought was that Overlord had hijacked OP's account and was having a laugh. They come across like a parody of a "do the work for me" topic.

But yeah, as Black Squirrel said, this happens to everyone. When I was 13, I submitted nonsensical and unfunny MS Paint "hoaxes" to Sonic Vegemite, who fortunately never posted them, so at least there's no record.

#5 User is online winterhell 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

Somewhat impressive the Crash sprites have no transparency. Must have taken balls to post these screenshots and be proud of them.

#6 User is offline 360 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Well yeah, I do see where you guys are coming from - my first Sonic fangame posted on SFGHQ was "Sonic Crash", that had nothing to with Crash Bandicoot (just thought it was a cool name) that was literally static, non-scrolling Megadrive asset-ripped single screen level arenas with physics that were an abomination (platform movement for life yo) and I genuinely believed, at the age of 14 that I'd produced a masterpiece. Later Sonic fangames I created substantially improved and years later I worked on Chaomega. Hez showed off something similar recently by releasing "Sonic D" which is in another universe relative to the work he produces now with the excellent Sonic Classic series - so I do get where you guys are coming from, we were all at this stage at some point in early youth and everyone starts somewhere.

So yeah I see what you guys mean. That said this is a recruitment topic, and I highly doubt anyone's going to be recruited here. Hence the presumption of the inevitable lock.
This post has been edited by 360: 12 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

#7 User is offline sewer56lol 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

• I eat Sonic Heroes for breakfast.
  • Project:[Reloaded] Mod Loader
Hmm, since people seem to be up to posting their horrors made during the times of childhood, allow me to show you some of my own great abominations from the times of old(er).

I was around 9 years of age when I made those and are just about as old as my nickname, which I've thought of changing a few times in the past (including on this board but alas that's a question for another time - and not something for trial members at that).

Found those a while ago on a backup disc that I burned around 8 years ago or so, albeit some of these should still be on the web alright.

Note: These are actually Worms Armageddon maps, made in none other than glorious MS Paint!
Spoiler

On the good side, the extremely young me got to play against this dude a few times, even on one of those abominations at that:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by sewer56lol: 12 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

#8 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

• Model2wannaB
  • Project:Formerly Sonic the Fighters

Pre-Alpha

:v:

#9 User is offline LajosFace 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

Yeah, I know, I know: the sprites are really low quality ones, but I'm working on a palette change. But hey! What can you expect from a REALLY early version of the mod?

#10 User is online winterhell 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

the sprite work is W.I.P., but it rather close to a finished state

View PostLajosFace, on 13 February 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

the sprites are really low quality ones, but I'm working on a palette change. But hey! What can you expect from a REALLY early version of the mod?

Expected a "rather close to a finished state"

#11 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostLajosFace, on 13 February 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

Yeah, I know, I know: the sprites are really low quality ones, but I'm working on a palette change. But hey! What can you expect from a REALLY early version of the mod?

As others have said, this is so early that it looks like you've spent little more than a couple of hours on this (and that's including the learning process). There's no reason that anyone would want to join your project at this stage. When you want people to join your team, you've got to demonstrate exactly what you can offer; that should showcase what you're able to do that's interesting or exciting. The animated movies that you want other people to produce will take a lot of hard work and skill, and yet it would be for a project that's barely begun.

Finish your sprite work and palletes, create new levels and layouts and make changes to characters movesets before expecting anyone to want to join in. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to want to take part now.

#12 User is offline SoNick 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:16 AM

• Imageshack took down my old avatar after nearly a decade
  • Project:catching 'em all
  • Wiki edits:1,168
Man, my shame was from around that same age; I made a "Sonic Fight" game in The Games Factory using (bad!) sprite edits for Sonic and Knuckles. There was "Ice Knuckles" and "Fire Knuckles" and the same for Sonic. They fired recolored Green Hill wrecking balls at each other. I was certain that I'd come up with a "genius" method of fitting controls for four players on a single keyboard, splitting a single keyboard into four sections with controls for each player taking up about 1/4 of a keyboard each. I attempted to submit it to SFGHQ, but Rlan thankfully rejected it, with an e-mail criticizing several of the choices I'd made in making the game.

#13 User is offline Jmtshaw 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:02 AM

I'll bite with the bad sonic confessions: When I was 11 I tried making a Sonic RPG with an old RPGMaker. You started off as Sonic (using terribly resized sonic 3 sprites with no forward/backward walking animation) in his house in the middle of some village.

If you walked around the house and looked in a nearby bucket you could find a raw fish that would heal you if you cooked it. If you made Sonic eat the fish raw though, he would get worms and the only way to cure him was to talk to a priest standing in the corner of Sonic's living room. Sonic could also get drunk if you sent him to the bar and gave him beer. His sprite would change into a goofier "drunk sonic" look and he'd walk around really slowly.

The only part of the story I actually made was that Tails gave Sonic a quest to go get some bread, which involved traveling across the world map to find a tiny house with a chest in. When you got the bread and returned, Tails was dead and the village was covered in lava because Eggman and Weegee burned the entire place down while you were gone.

All the files for it were on a laptop that broke years ago, so I don't have any of it anymore. I used to at least have the graphics from it, but then that laptop broke too. :argh:

So I'm not entirely off topic here: I don't think there's anything to say about your project that hasn't been already said - it needs a lot more work before it's ready to be shown off. At the very least have all of the sprites correctly displayed and replaced, but I still don't think that alone would stand up.

#14 User is offline Shaddy the guy 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

• Zaphod's just some guy, you know?
  • Project:Completely remaking my fanedit because I messed up
Posted Image

Can I join? This was my midterm for a 3D class that I don't even know why I passed

#15 User is offline LajosFace 

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

For everyone: stop joking, please. I'm really serious about the mod, I have the passion for it and now I figured out the correct colour palette for Crash's sprite. I really need passionate supporters who can draw images for Sonic 3D Blast-styled cutscenes. I'm working really hard to make it a quality mod and a really good, fresh, new and exciting experience. I really would like to make both of these fanbases happy with this mod. Don't underestimate me, even I'm only 15. And sorry for posting a really early version of this mod. I promise you I will make this mod into a Pre-Beta in weeks.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users