Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Rare Sonic Art (And restoring it) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 32 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Rare Sonic Art (And restoring it) Stuff that you may have not seen before

#391 User is offline Jason 

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:35 AM

• *Results not lab tested.
An unusual case, but Jon Burton found higher quality renders of most of the Sonic R courses.

#392 User is offline Asagoth 

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

• Behold ... the mighty... the flawless... salted cod eater...
A picture of some intact Bollycao stickers (in their original form)...

Posted Image

Edit: Just one more detail... there were 2 sets of Bollycao Sega stickers, the first set composed by 60 Stickers and the second set composed of 50 more stickers... 110 in total... the campaign started in 1992... the Sonic detachables with the letters of the alphabet are just included in the second set ... the stickers of the first set didn't have any detachable Sonic sticker ... that's the difference between the two sets...
This post has been edited by Asagoth: 13 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

#393 User is online Black Squirrel 

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

• maybe she's born with it
  • Project:maybe it's maybelline
  • Wiki edits:20,569

View PostJason, on 13 January 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

An unusual case, but Jon Burton found higher quality renders of most of the Sonic R courses.

Oh yeah I forgot to raise this - someone needs to chase up the actual images (as opposed to videos of images).

These were used in a few magazines at the time (and maybe even a manual or two).

#394 User is online Black Squirrel 

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

Posted Image

"完整保存特輯4" if you want to try and make sense of it.

#395 User is offline Master Emerald 

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

• Project:-
  • Wiki edits:22
I wish I had a way of unsee things. Sonic looks withered and his mouth looks like it's from a turtle, too. Thank god it's rare.

#396 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
"Sonic 06 - Retro Cyberpunk Edition"

#397 User is offline Windii 

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン

View PostBlack Squirrel, on 14 January 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

"完整保存特輯4" if you want to try and make sense of it.

I can't read Chinese, but the Chrome dictionary addon I have is able to recognize hanzi, so I ran that through it. It seems to read "complete preservation special issue 4." Make of that what you will.
This post has been edited by Windii: 18 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

#398 User is online Black Squirrel 

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

Maybe I'll just hijack this topic and post weird things in it:

https://i.imgur.com/jtwmqvF.jpg

#399 User is offline Asagoth 

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

• Behold ... the mighty... the flawless... salted cod eater...
Clube Sega flyers (Portugal) ... they were sent to members by mail ... with a letter "written by Sonic" (it was what they wanted us to believe :)/>/> ) ... and this magazine ... entirely free...

Edit: "Páscoa 93 = Easter 93" (hence the ''bunny'' Sonic)
This post has been edited by Asagoth: 17 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

#400 User is offline Windii 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン
I dunno whether or not these would be considered rare, but I've always thought the cover art on the Japanese Sonic X DVDs was pretty sweet:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

(these are my favorites)

Only problem is that these pics here are about the highest res they're available in. This may not be so bad; they look good enough on their own, but it's not enough for someone like me. I'd kill for hi-res scans of all 13 volumes, but as these DVDs have been out of print for years now, that's a very thin possibility. I guess the fact that there's no hi-res scans of them around is what classifies them as "rare"? 15th anniversary deluxe DVD box set pretty please

Only good equivalent right now is scans of French DVDs up on Cinema Passion (look up "Sonic" there) which do have some of this art, but not all of it. I hate that dub DVDs opted for random stock artwork instead.

#401 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
I think the FuniMation box sets used this art as well. I know Volume 13's art was used at least.

#402 User is offline Blue Spikeball 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

The cover artworks were used for the DVD menus as well. Not that their resolution is much better, but still. I've uploaded all Japanese DVD menus here:
https://imgur.com/a/pc358

#403 User is offline baba944 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

I think I have posted in this thread before, but I am looking for a specific piece of Sonic art that was used as a birthday card in I want to say Portuguese. The kicker? It used "Hidden Palace Zone" from Sonic 2 as the background. Sonic was running towards Redz. The text was white and was located in the top center. I saw it on here in some old merchandise topic.

#404 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostWindii, on 18 January 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I dunno whether or not these would be considered rare, but I've always thought the cover art on the Japanese Sonic X DVDs was pretty sweet:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

(these are my favorites)

Only problem is that these pics here are about the highest res they're available in. This may not be so bad; they look good enough on their own, but it's not enough for someone like me. I'd kill for hi-res scans of all 13 volumes, but as these DVDs have been out of print for years now, that's a very thin possibility. I guess the fact that there's no hi-res scans of them around is what classifies them as "rare"? 15th anniversary deluxe DVD box set pretty please

Only good equivalent right now is scans of French DVDs up on Cinema Passion (look up "Sonic" there) which do have some of this art, but not all of it. I hate that dub DVDs opted for random stock artwork instead.

I've actually got a few of these but never got around to finishing the set. Should probably see if I can do that some day.

#405 User is offline Windii 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン

View PostBlue Spikeball, on 18 January 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

The cover artworks were used for the DVD menus as well. Not that their resolution is much better, but still. I've uploaded all Japanese DVD menus here:
https://imgur.com/a/pc358

Yeah, that's pretty cool! Volumes 11-13 are missing, though. I do own DVD rips of all 13 volumes, but I thought I'd mention this.

View PostOverlord, on 19 January 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

I've actually got a few of these but never got around to finishing the set. Should probably see if I can do that some day.

You gotta try!! I'm one of the Sonic X superfans and I've been recently trying to locate and preserve as much of it as possible (including finding hi-res promotional key art and hunting down related CD releases using money from my own pockets), but the older something is, the harder it is to find stuff of it these days. The show turns 15 years old in April, and I've never felt so old before in my life.

• 32 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users