Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Bilingual speaker in Spanish or Portuguese Needed - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Bilingual speaker in Spanish or Portuguese Needed

#16 User is offline Bareirito 

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

• Project:Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
  • Wiki edits:4
I'm glad that you considered me to help. :) But I do have a problem because the link is broken. It says the 'Page is Broken'. I try refreshing it but still no luck.

#17 User is offline GuetaMinute 

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

I'm up for it, if still available.

#18 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

• SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be.
  • Project:Complete Global Conquest
  • Wiki edits:381
For those of you involved, I'd like some feedback on the post TimmiT put up today, mostly since I know Spanish is different in almost every location it's spoken in. Thanks in advance!

#19 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostGeneHF, on 12 December 2011 - 03:20 PM, said:

For those of you involved, I'd like some feedback on the post TimmiT put up today, mostly since I know Spanish is different in almost every location it's spoken in. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if I'm "involved", but it needs just a bit more proof-reading.

Esto empiezo(shouldn't this be "empezó/comenzó/inició"?) con Magical Game Time's Zac Gorman creando un("una", "animación" has a female gender AFAIK) simple animación gif, causando Nedroid a hacer una tambien("también"). Nedroid desafió a otros que hagan sus propio animados de Sonic corriendo como un idiota resultando en este meme fantastico, con animaciones como la de arriba (que fue creado por Boxer Hockey's Tyson Hesse.) Pueden ver mas aqi("aquí").

Most of that is just typos anyway. So no biggie, it's completely readable, and I'm glad to see something like this being worked on. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

#20 User is offline Montblanc 

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

Esto empiezo(shouldn't this be "empezó/comenzó/inició"?) con Magical Game Time's Zac Gorman creando un("una", "animación" has a female gender AFAIK) simple animación gif, causando Nedroid a hacer una tambien("también"). Nedroid desafió a otros que hagan sus propio animados de Sonic corriendo como un idiota resultando en este meme fantastico, con animaciones como la de arriba (que fue creado por Boxer Hockey's Tyson Hesse.) Pueden ver mas aqi("aquí").

Most of that is just typos anyway. So no biggie, it's completely readable, and I'm glad to see something like this being worked on. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

It has something that makes it difficult to understand at the end too, because in Spanish we don't use the 's to talk of something that is property of someone, and in that way seems that "Boxer Hockey" is the name of the author. Instead of "(que fue creado por Boxer Hockey's Tyson Hesse.)" a more accurate translation will be something like "visto en la web de Tyson Hesse "Boxer Hockey" (seen on the web of Tyson Hesse "Boxer Hockey") or "creado por Tyson Hesse y publicado en Boxer Hockey" (created by Tyson Hesse and published on Boxer Hockey).

I'm glad to see that you want to try to reach people with other lenguages too :) I can help but only for the Spain variation of the lenguage, if aid is needed for it.

#21 User is offline DNLeal 

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

• Former MMO addict
  • Project:Reading the archives...
I may not be helping at all much, but I'd like to point out some things about the Spanish posts, apart from the typos Dario FF pointed out, everything is readable, yet I feel they're a bit too literal in the translation word by word, it would be good if the sentences/words could be played around a bit yet keep the same meaning, as well as additional proof-reading.
This post has been edited by DNLeal: 12 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

#22 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

Right now, most of them are just quick Google translates (done prior to open up the page quicker) with me going through them and cleaning up some of the odd burps (generaciones Sonic.)

While hand-doing the one in question above, my biggest concern wasn't so much not being able to write with all the accents, but debating if I should translate "challenged" as "desafió" or "reto". Both sounded quite harsh, but reto sounded more hard hitting.

But I appreciate the feedback very much! This will only help make it all better going forward.

#23 User is offline Reckonusm 

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hi! I'm a new trial member, I'm Chilean and spanish is my native language. I read this Sonic news site for years and appreciate the effort of translating this greatest site to the spanish community. The translation of the Dumb Running Sonic article was cool, but I wanna humbly contribute with an accurate and somewhat free translation of the post in a form that we, the latinamerican people, can understand better. I hope this can help the translators. See ya!

Hay muchos blogs de Tumblr muy graciosos, como Things Organized Neatly o Feeding Objects. A estos se les une un nuevo blog llamado Dumb Running Sonic (Sonic Corriendo Como un Idiota):

(posted image)

Esto empezó con Zac Gorman de Magical Game Time haciendo una simple animación gif, causando que Nedroid hiciera también una animación. Este último retó a otros a que también crearan sus propias animaciones de Sonic corriendo como idiota y el resultado fue este fantástico nuevo meme, con animaciones como la que se encuentra arriba (la cuál fue hecha por Tyson Hesse de Boxer Hockey). Puedes ver mas aquí en el blog de Tumblr.

#24 User is offline ashthedragon 

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

• Dragon Team
  • Project:Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
yeah I pretty much think the same. the translation is too literal and sounds rather wrong, even if it is fully understanable. It's much better to rewrite the article with the same meaning, but more natural writting.
This post has been edited by ashthedragon: 13 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

#25 User is offline DeoxysKyogre 

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well, I can speak Spanish, English and Portuguese (Brazilian Portuguese), so if you need a hand, I'm here.
EDIT: I agree with ashthedragon.
This post has been edited by DeoxysKyogre: 14 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

#26 User is offline ashthedragon 

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

• Dragon Team
  • Project:Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
I've to congratule whoever translated the latest megamix entry on the main page to Spanish. This translation feels natural and much better than the other translations you've been using lately. I don't know if you've used a different translator or went with human translation all the way but...This is the way to go guys! It still needs a bit of work,especially in punctuaction, but is MUCH better than latest translations
This post has been edited by ashthedragon: 01 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

#27 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

• Wiki edits:18
Just one question... Is it possible to permanently deactivate the Spanish version from showing up?

I appreciate the effort, but I'm still going to always read the English version afterwards in case anything got lost in translation...

#28 User is offline FeliciaVal 

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

View Postashthedragon, on 01 February 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I've to congratule whoever translated the latest megamix entry on the main page to Spanish. This translation feels natural and much better than the other translations you've been using lately. I don't know if you've used a different translator or went with human translation all the way but...This is the way to go guys! It still needs a bit of work,especially in punctuaction, but is MUCH better than latest translations

oh that was me the one translating the Megamix post...XD I'm glad that I did the right job!
also for the punctuations, I didn't do them. I've just got the text and directly translated it into spanish and I kept the punctuations as they were in the original one in english. Just saying. But thanks! I really appreciate it :)

EDIT: welp, guess I'm stupid. I didn't practice my ortography for so long and I know what you mean now. If I ever write another article in spanish I'll be sure to double check my punctuation and run a spelling check or something. My bad!
This post has been edited by FeliciaVal: 01 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

#29 User is offline WAC 

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

• KITTIES!
  • Project:???
  • Wiki edits:2
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea around how many non-English speakers visit Retro on an average day to day basis?

#30 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Postashthedragon, on 01 February 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Most of them are done mechanically automatically. I try to clean some of them up (though I confess, I only half-heartedly do this due to Spanish readers in general seemingly disliking the idea of a Spanish hub at all) if it's not one I wrote in my horrible Nicaraguan Spanish (last one of which was the whole Sonic CD #1 on PSN one.)

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users