Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Account Security - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Account Security How to prevent being hijacked

#16 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

• Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
  • Project:Sonic ERaZor
  • Wiki edits:320
I don't like long posts, so I didn't read the entire topic, meaning I don't know if this has already been asked. Anyway, my question: Is anyone who registered before the 15th June in a risk now? I don't really want to change my password. :/

#17 User is offline Sabe 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

• Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (Selbi @ Oct 28 2009, 08:17 PM)
I don't like long posts, so I didn't read the entire topic, meaning I don't know if this has already been asked. Anyway, my question: Is anyone who registered before the 15th June in a risk now? I don't really want to change my password. :/

I do believe it's every account created before July 15th, so yes, it's advisable that you do.

#18 User is offline NiktheGreek 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

• Grumpy old bastard
  • Project:Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
  • Wiki edits:41
QUOTE (Glisp @ Oct 28 2009, 04:03 PM)
I'm sure we all thought that Tongara knew better.

Speak for yourself. He's always been a moron.

#19 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
QUOTE (Selbi @ Oct 28 2009, 08:17 PM)

I believe the hack date was after that, so yes, change your password. Don't like it? Sorry, but there's nothing that can be done about it.

For the record, I use a different password for every service I use - something I recommend EVERYONE doing - and it's not guessable either. I changed it anyway, just on principle.

#20 User is offline PsychoSk8r 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

• HighKnights
  • Project:30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
  • Wiki edits:19
QUOTE (Tweaker @ Oct 28 2009, 05:39 PM)
Friends don't make other friends feel utterly helpless. Friends don't take advantage of other friends. Friends don't fucking call other friends' houses and harass them and their families. Friends don't make other friends' parents lose their jobs. DECENT FUCKING PEOPLE don't do ANY of these fucking things. Only heartless, spineless, lifeless little fucking anti-social twats do this shit, because they literally have nothing better to do with their lives than make others feel horrible just so they can inch one step above killing themselves upon the inevitable realization that nobody will ever, ever like them for who they are—just who they pretend to be.

This right here is the fucking truth.
I can't stand people like this.

#21 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

Changed. I didn't like to do that, but seems like it's very highly recommended. Reverse question: Will there be a point where I can change my password back?

#22 User is offline Metal Knuckles 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

• HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU
  • Project:Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
  • Wiki edits:10
Whenever you figure Tongara or x64 will lose interest or lose the passwords would be my guess.

#23 User is offline Agobue 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

• Wiki edits:2
QUOTE (Tweaker @ Oct 27 2009, 08:51 PM)
Examples of the negative consequences of such account hijacks can be seen in this forum topic.

I can't actually view this topic because I'm not a member of Poundstuff, what does it say?

#24 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Slingers @ Oct 28 2009, 10:17 PM)
Examples of the negative consequences of such account hijacks can be seen in this forum topic.

I can't actually view this topic because I'm not a member of Poundstuff, what does it say?

I am a member but I can't watch it either.

#25 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

• Sonic Hacking Contest Lead Organiser
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest, Other Stuff
  • Wiki edits:2,193
QUOTE (Selbi @ Oct 28 2009, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (Slingers @ Oct 28 2009, 10:17 PM)

I am a member but I can't watch it either.

The topics were deleted.
It's so pathetic as to how some people must resort to measures like this just to fuck people around.

#26 User is offline Glisp 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

• It's classic Super Sonic with Green eyes. Get over it.
  • Project:None at the moment I'm afraid.
  • Wiki edits:73
For a while, Tweaker participated in x64's antics such as prank phone calling. I was one of his helpless victims when he'd call my house and harass me and my family and overall embarrass me. However, Tweaker realized that it was wrong after x64 fucked him over and I don't blame Tweaker for taking any of the actions against him he did. If you litterally were getting physically and emotionally abused, you'd take actions against this person too.

After those incidents on Skype with my phone number I left and haven't been on there since. I even decided to stop idoling Tweaker after that incident because it was what got me into trouble in the first place. I no longer look up to Tweaker. Not because I'm mad at him but just because I've grown up and that ship has sailed.

Tongara was just trolling me and it took me a while to realize it. He never wanted to be friends with me. He was just using me to fuck with my emotions and get things out of me. Tongara has officially started to spill more tea than Qjimbo ever did. Provided none of Tweaker's contacts have affiliation with Tongara and x64, I might start getting on Skype again. I'm going to block them so I never have to listen to their trollish voices ever again.

I am in a way sad about Tweaker's encounter with x64. Mainly because it shows what kind of person X64 really is. People like him should be boiled and served with a side of butter sauce.

I hope no one is mislead about what I just said. I wasn't trying to offend you Tweaker/other admins so please do not read this the wrong way. I'm as upset about x64 and Tongara's actions as you guys are.
This post has been edited by Glisp: 28 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

#27 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

• moving on
  • Project:Game designing, working, dying.
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (Tweaker @ Oct 27 2009, 11:02 PM)
Also, I may as well put this out there—if you find it funny, appropriate, or otherwise a positive course of action to support these complete and utter pricks in their little escapades against Sonic Retro like a certain choice few members of this forum seem to think, then I suggest you let us know right up front so we can boot you out right now.

So we're no longer kapeeshy with Poundstuff huh? Duly noted.

Note that I wasn't necessarily encouraging them. I actually do enjoy their music videos.

Sorry if it seemed like I was coming off as a douchebag or anything.

#28 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:37 AM

• Wiki edits:4
Well I've realized how wrong I was about the person x64. I knew he was a bit weird and controlling, but so much had been hidden from me. I'm just glad I'm not going out there in January and possibly putting my self in a position like Tweaker because x64 was going to be ordering my plane ticket for the trip there and back. I didn't feel right about what I did, but I felt it had to be done to make it clear I didn't want to be a part of "x64's club" anymore. Image

Now I think I need to work on being a bit more classy! thumbsup.png
This post has been edited by Skaarg: 29 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

#29 User is offline Dan Genesis 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:10 PM

• As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute sonic-penquin thing
  • Project:KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
  • Wiki edits:321
Funny thing - My password is a made-up term that no one (except possbily my close personal friends, none of whom are members and many of which don't even know this place exists) could guess. And there are several other terms I've made up for the purpose of my stories, leaving a slew of possibilities...

#30 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

• Sonic Hacking Contest Lead Organiser
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest, Other Stuff
  • Wiki edits:2,193
This is pathetic. x64 is a fucking manipulative prick who just had to fuck around with his "rainbow table". I was a #stuff user myself and I got sick of the harrassment I got from them, all because I wasn't in their Skype call. Also threats of trying to get my personal details. He flipped off a few people, including Shade, Skaarg and Peter.
In other news, #stuff closed down. Good fucking riddance.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users