Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SEGA announces new identity based on “Amazing SEGA” concept - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

SEGA announces new identity based on “Amazing SEGA” concept More awesome news coming from SEGA

#1 User is offline 360 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Posted Image

Sega Announces New Corporate Identity Based on the “Amazing Sega” Concept; Promises Surprises
Sega reveals its new corporate identity based on amazing and surprising its customers.

Today Sega announced a brand new corporate identity concept with a series of videos.

A corporate identity intends to communicate the company's image to its customers in a way that is easy to understand, and this new image is based on the “Amazing Sega” concept.

The concept is communicated through a video of an eye, an emotional clip featuring Yakuza series Director Toshihiro Nagoshi, and a making of video.

The “Amazing Sega” corporate identity focuses on the company's determination to provide “more surprises than ever before” to its customers, and will be used as a branding tool for each subsidiary of the Sega group.

Interestingly, the videos feature a special device developed internally that measures the expression of the human eye and turns it into data. The device was used to track the eyes of players engaging with Sega's games, and the data generated by moments of amazement was converted into sounds.

More is coming over the next few weeks, but you can check out the videos below. You can also read more on Sega's upcoming plans here.

Source: http://www.dualshock...ises-surprises/

So more awesome and good news coming out of SEGA. I think this in tandem with the plans for the revival of dormant IPs makes for some exciting news coming out of the company recently. Quite the resurgence from just a few short years ago when it looked like SEGA was fighting to just continue to exist as a company. The videos SEGA posted are available at the link. Hopefully more awesome announcements are set to arrive in the coming months. Thoughts?
This post has been edited by 360: 19 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

#2 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
I like that in the second video they don't just use Sonic 4 as one of the games they show, but they show that stage:

Also you can change thread titles yourself by editing the first post of threads you've made.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 19 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

#3 User is offline 360 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
And changed! Thanks man, didn't realise I had the power to change it myself. Just fixed it. And yeah I find it strange they'd use footage of Sonic 4 - at least use Sonic Mania or something which would be more appropriate to highlight their new slick and cool direction.
This post has been edited by 360: 19 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

#4 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

• Wiki edits:18

View Post360, on 19 May 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

And yeah I find it strange they'd use footage of Sonic 4 - at least use Sonic Mania or something which would be more appropriate to highlight their new slick and cool direction.
Maybe they think that's the slick and cool direction to go, and Mania is just filler for the fans.

Sonic 5 by Dimps confirmed. :specialed:
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 19 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

#5 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
Great, so PR buzzwords. This is different from Blast Processing or Sega does what Nintendon't how exactly?

#6 User is offline 360 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

• Daft Punk Overdrive

View PostICEknight, on 19 May 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

Maybe they think that's the slick and cool direction to go, and Mania is just filler for the fans.

Thinking about it, it's probably "here's footage of a game where we fucked up, we promise to do better next time. Please buy Sonic Mania" or perhaps I'm just being over optimistic.

View PostDark Sonic, on 19 May 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

Great, so PR buzzwords. This is different from Blast Processing or Sega does what Nintendon't how exactly?

But but but - Blast Processing and Sega does what Nintendon't were both fucking awesome! In Sega's defence this new initiative at least seems more serious than the nineties era smack talk. This seems heartfelt and serious. I think Sega are actually trying to change for the better here.

#7 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

Not exactly the most humble PR marketing buzzword lol.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 19 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

#8 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)

View Post360, on 19 May 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostDark Sonic, on 19 May 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

But but but - Blast Processing and Sega does what Nintendon't were both fucking awesome! In Sega's defence this new initiative at least seems more serious than the nineties era smack talk. This seems heartfelt and serious. I think Sega are actually trying to change for the better here.

They've tried to do that a number of times though, and granted beyond Sonic they've succeeded for the most part (Yakuza and Puyo seem to be doing just fine, even if I don't really have an interest in them. I don't know anything about Football Manager or Total War or whatever), even if that did mean abandoning many of its franchises along the way and just replacing them with what Atlus was doing. Idk, it's hard for me to take these things seriously until I see results, which would be years from now.
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 19 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

#9 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

It looks like this video:

Will replace the usual Sega logo video in front of trailers and stuff going forward according to Sam Mullen.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 20 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

#10 User is offline Jason 

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

• *Results not lab tested.
I never liked the deep-voice swoosh logo they had for the last decade anyway. This one is actually kind of neat. The sound they use has the same tone as the classic vocals, which is a nice touch. Hopefully there's more than a fresh veneer.

#11 User is offline Mykonos 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178
It definitely stands out compared to the ones other companies are using, I like that about it.

#12 User is offline 360 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
I think it's pretty confident, slick and cool. Like the 21st century Sega you'd hope for, as opposed to one permanently stuck in the nineties. Loving the fresh new direction.

#13 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

Weird, Idk how I feel about the eyeball thing. I can't really see that preceding a Sonic game for example. I didn't mind the swoosh thing, but I never cared for the deep voiced Sega. Never understood why they didn't just combine the swoosh with the classic "SEEEEGGAAA."

Then again I bet they'll continue the "SEEEEGGAAA" trend for Sonic like they did with Puyo Puyo.
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 21 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

#14 User is offline Ayu Tsukimiya 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

• UGUU~

View Post360, on 21 May 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Like the 21st century Sega you'd hope for, as opposed to one permanently stuck in the nineties. Loving the fresh new direction.

Honestly, the eye reminds me of Sega's Saturn through Dreamcast era of advertising.
This post has been edited by Ayu Tsukimiya: 21 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

#15 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"
Good to see Sega embracing their heritage of "out there" advertising again. It was a skill they used to great effect through the Dreamcast era and just dropped off of. Really like the concept.

But couldn't they have at least used S4:E2 footage? That one was at least a passable Sonic game in comparison.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users