Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge. - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 348 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge. The stuff that simply has no other home.

#5206 User is offline Blue Spikeball 

Posted Today, 12:30 AM

View PostMainMemory, on Yesterday, 10:12 PM, said:

You always get a hint when you die to a boss. I've always assumed it was designed that way so the player could try to figure out the boss on their own first.

Pretty much. If you die to a boss, the game gives you these hints to help you do better. Just like NiGHTS displays hint screens when you get a game over.

View PostSonikkuForever, on Yesterday, 11:53 PM, said:

I was browsing Ebay for Sonic merchandise tonight and stumbled across this gem: a Bento Box made to promote Sonic 1. Why is it interesting? Look at the background -- it appears to be a new screenshot of Sparkling Zone, an early development iteration of Spring Yard Zone!

Posted Image

Nice find! I also find it interesting that it has that artwork of Sonic with a helmet, which was also seen in Sonic the Screensaver. Is there any info on when that bento box was first released?

#5207 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted Today, 05:25 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

You always get a hint when you die to a boss. I've always assumed it was designed that way so the player could try to figure out the boss on their own first.

Not only that, but Adventure 2, Heroes, Shadow, and Sonic '06 also did this. I'm pretty sure it's deliberate.

#5208 User is online SonikkuForever 

Posted A minute ago

• Be cool, be wild, and be groovy!
  • Project:Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
  • Wiki edits:56

View PostBlue Spikeball, on Today, 12:30 AM, said:

Pretty much. If you die to a boss, the game gives you these hints to help you do better. Just like NiGHTS displays hint screens when you get a game over.

View PostSonikkuForever, on Yesterday, 11:53 PM, said:

I was browsing Ebay for Sonic merchandise tonight and stumbled across this gem: a Bento Box made to promote Sonic 1. Why is it interesting? Look at the background -- it appears to be a new screenshot of Sparkling Zone, an early development iteration of Spring Yard Zone!

Posted Image

Nice find! I also find it interesting that it has that artwork of Sonic with a helmet, which was also seen in Sonic the Screensaver. Is there any info on when that bento box was first released?

I'm pretty sure it was made in 1991, since that's when similar items with the same artwork were released in Japan.

• 348 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

14 User(s) are reading this topic
2 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Member: SonikkuForever,
  2. Google,
  3. Member: Bobinator