Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SPOILER Sonic Forces Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 389 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

SPOILER Sonic Forces Thread

#5821 User is online RikohZX 

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 PM

View Post360, on Yesterday, 01:46 PM, said:

Still haven't played nor bought the game yet though I've been meaning to. By comparison I pre-ordered Mania weeks before and played it seconds after it went live. The negative reviews for Forces (both on here and elsewhere) made me hold off. Might do what Dark Sonic did and play it in a "Sonic Adventure 2 in overdrive" kind of way with copious amounts of alcohol on hand. Could be a fun few hours.

Out of interest did anyone here genuinely enjoy the game and think it was decent?
I got some 'alright that was neat' and 'this isn't bad' fun out of it.

But once you're done with the short story and don't have the game hurriedly shoving you along to not give you time to smell the ashes of what could've been, you start seeing the seams and having to do all these optional missions and collectibles gets tedious beyond belief.

Fuck these red star rings.

#5822 User is offline Overlord 

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
https://www.amazon.f...uct/B077DCRZGK/

Coming soon to Europe (at least): Sonic Forces & Puyo Pop Tetris bundle.

The sheer quickness of this release means it MUST have been on the planning board before Forces even launched.

#5823 User is offline Tiller 

Posted Yesterday, 03:24 PM

• Project:HDK & World Runner
On the positive side, I still think the new short hop/boost leap thing is neat. It's not really used anything in the game but if the game actually tried to do anything in 3D the much slower fall speed would work well with leaping from one thing to another. The final Sonic stage in the game looks like it becomes absolutely trivial when you can just fly over it though but that's mostly due to the level only sloping downhill.

#5824 User is offline dot.kh 

Posted Yesterday, 04:02 PM

• & Knackles
The refined controls take some time getting used to but speedrunning some stages works just fine. There's no soundtest though. And Green Hill stays Sand Hill it seems?

View PostOverlord, on Yesterday, 03:01 PM, said:

https://www.amazon.f...uct/B077DCRZGK/

Coming soon to Europe (at least): Sonic Forces & Puyo Pop Tetris bundle.

The sheer quickness of this release means it MUST have been on the planning board before Forces even launched.

That makes a good bundle. I'd buy that.

#5825 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

• Likes Rise of Lyric
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostRikohZX, on Yesterday, 02:21 PM, said:

You're gonna love what comes next.

#5826 User is online RikohZX 

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 PM

View PostSonic Warrior TJ, on Yesterday, 05:13 PM, said:

View PostRikohZX, on Yesterday, 02:21 PM, said:

You're gonna love what comes next.
Oh I know about the Number and Moon stuff, they're obnoxious but not that big a deal. And they're solely for achievements anyway.
I'm stuck on the 4th Red Ring for Chemical Plant and Death Egg as my last two of them all, both because I really hate Classic Sonic's gameplay in Forces and because no matter what I do I always seem to miss these two.

#5827 User is offline Glaber 

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 PM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
some one found what appears to be an unused path on Metropolitan Highway

This post has been edited by Glaber: Yesterday, 06:01 PM

#5828 User is online Chimpo 

Posted Yesterday, 06:11 PM

• Project:Atomic Sonic Part II
That path has been known for a while. I've used it for my run. You can access it by boosting, jump, air boost

#5829 User is offline Nostalgia 

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

I don't think that is an "unused" path but a "secret" that you're meant to find in order to get the fastest possible time. Right after that path is the only sharp turn I can recall in the entire game that does not auto drift or give you a way to take the turn quickly. If you don't take that path you essentially have to slow down to take the turn. You can air dash to it or homing attack the enemies, who all jump over that path.

#5830 User is online RikohZX 

Posted Today, 04:28 AM

Just how much of Null Space really got trimmed down?

#5831 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted Today, 06:50 AM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
Similar to Wind Waker with it's cut dungeons, it's going to be very interesting to come away from all this with a final idea of things that probably would have been in Forces had there been more time/money/coffee/everything.
I mean yeah, I'm sure hypothetically Sonic Team could have made something vastly different if money and time wasn't an issue - But for now I just mean things that look like they were probably meant to be in the current final game at some point.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

- Chaos and Shadow Boss Fights
- Null Space as an actual full stage
- Infinite Fight 3 being a unique boss and not just the Metal Sonic fight again

There's probably some other obvious things I'm missing.

#5832 User is offline Hitlersaurus Christ 

Posted Today, 07:34 AM

• @gayanimedad
  • Project:Snoic Generatons 2017
To be fair there's nothing suggesting Chaos and Shadow were ever going to be boss fights. It may have always been planned as a tease.

#5833 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted Today, 08:51 AM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
True, can't prove that one, but I do feel like it's odd for Sonic Team to have purposefully planned Zavok to be a gameplay boss and have the two more popular villains die in cutscenes, especially Chaos. It really feels more like they just didn't have time to do anything with him, so just quickly got rid of him in Classic Sonic's first cutscene.

I can't imagine that's how it was penned from Day 1, but then again I am giving them the benefit of the doubt so that almost goes against my above post, whoops!

#5834 User is online RikohZX 

Posted 16 minutes ago

The Fake Shadow cutscene where he gets taken down is also really, really badly animated, like they didn't have the time to make a second pass and it was hastily put together.

• 389 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

20 User(s) are reading this topic
4 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Member: Neowl,
  2. Member: Blue Blood,
  3. Yandex,
  4. Member: RikohZX,
  5. Pending Member: XRick