SonLVL Level Editor for S1, SCD, S2NA, S2, S3K, SKC, SCDPC - 11/15/2016

#676 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects

View PostKingofHarts, on 27 February 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

View PostAndrew75, on 20 February 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

View PostMainMemory, on 19 February 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

ReadySonic is not officially supported by SonLVL, though you can certainly write a project file for it.
And seriously? Why would SonLVL have an option to add a spin dash? It's a level editor, not a magic wand.
Also, it's SonLVL, not SonicLVL.

Thanks for your answers, Time is of the essence and sadly I don't have the time to fiddle around with figuring out how to set up a fresh project for SonLVL using ReadySonic (Sorry about the name typo above)
I'll just have to make due without the spindash than. If anyone would like to help with setting up a project for me, that would be awesome!

But... but... it's terribly easy to set up SonLvl with ReadySonic... really, any Sonic 1 disasm. If you'd like, I'll walk you through any questions you have. PM me when you have some time.

Sorry I didn't check back on the thread here, MainMemory pointed out threw PM that there is a tool included in SonLVL to convert SonED2 Projects over to SonLVL projects.
It was easy enough to use, and didn't need to follow any tutorials,( call me impatient if you like) I could change level layouts after the conversion, but for some reason I couldn't save tile changes to the larger chunks, aww well, It served its purposes well enough for our needs. Thanks guys!
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 06 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

#677 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Posted Image
Posted Image
I've added a new tool to SonLVL's updater that will allow you to load two object layouts, compare them, and select which objects you'd like to include in an output file. If you load Layout A from a SonLVL project, it will also display a preview of the level, highlighting objects that exist only in A in red, and objects that exist only in B in green.

#678 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:08 PM

• Regular garden-variety user

View PostMainMemory, on 17 March 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I've added a new tool to SonLVL's updater that will allow you to load two object layouts, compare them, and select which objects you'd like to include in an output file. If you load Layout A from a SonLVL project, it will also display a preview of the level, highlighting objects that exist only in A in red, and objects that exist only in B in green.

Would this work for tiles and chunks and such?

Who am I kidding, this will be useful for merging Sonic 3 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles layouts.

#679 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
No, it only works on object layouts. Doing that for tiles and chunks would be a much more complicated tool, that I'm not really willing to make right now.

Also that is exactly the reason why I made it in the first place.

#680 User is offline null 

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Hey everyone! I'm looking to make some new versions of existing Sonic maps for the Genesis games, but I noticed that a lot of objects are missing definitions in SonLVL. I got as far as making a Butterdroid show up mostly correctly, but I'm not familiar at all with the sonic disassemblies.

Thanks to all the existing work on SonLVL, I could just use Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 levels, but it would be really nice to have support for a handful of S3&K levels as well. Would anyone be willing to add support for this? It could be a paid contract if anyone is interested in that.

Also, this seemed like the most appropriate forum for this, so please let me know if it is not.

#681 User is offline Neo 

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

• Clackerjack
  • Project:Sonic 3 Unlocked
  • Wiki edits:1
There's already a pinned thread for SonLVL.

#682 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:00 AM

• Project:Sonic 1 Complete
  • Wiki edits:1
Where others are kind, I'm just gonna be blunt.

(Would someone do this work for me that is easy enough to do if I took 3 seconds to read pinned posts, or ask in Basic Q&A)... It could be a paid contract if anyone is interested in that.

No, Wait.. what? That last part

paid contract

Are you ok? You didn't drink before posting did you? Far be it from me to take easy money... shit. But dude. Word of advice, and I'm not a mod so don't take my word as gospel, or any kind of demand, as much as I'm just trying to steer a new guy in the right direction. You are a trial member. Make your posts count. Make them meaningful. Make them good.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by KingofHarts: 23 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

#683 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
Merged in rather than trash'd simply because I'm going to assume you're being genuine about the paid offer.

• 46 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users