Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Zone 04a : "Canadian Zone" - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Zone 04a : "Canadian Zone"

#91 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
  • Project:TBD
  • Wiki edits:4

View Postsynchronizer, on Nov 28 2008, 03:37 PM, said:

I have an idea: Have one of those spider enemies be on the other side of a long gap Sonic has to jump over. he would have to be really careful, or else he could get caught in the web while in mid-air, causing him to fall to a lower, and more deadly path.

That'll work. :( I can see the insta-shield coming in handy for that.

#92 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

• Has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

View PostBlue Emerald, on Nov 28 2008, 03:43 PM, said:

View Postsynchronizer, on Nov 28 2008, 03:37 PM, said:

I have an idea: Have one of those spider enemies be on the other side of a long gap Sonic has to jump over. he would have to be really careful, or else he could get caught in the web while in mid-air, causing him to fall to a lower, and more deadly path.

That'll work. :v: I can see the insta-shield coming in handy for that.

Speaking of which, could the insta-shield (or some other elemental shield) be used to deflect the web? It may be sort of useless (seeing as the spiderbot or whatever it would be called would have no need to jump), but it could help slow it down when it runs towards sonic, or possibly blow it up. Either way, it would be a cool effect. And coming from the web-backfiring-and-blowing-up-the-robot idea, maybe we could do a spiderbot that spits bomb webs. This could cause some chaos, no doubt.

#93 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
  • Project:TBD
  • Wiki edits:4

View PostPhoenix, on Nov 28 2008, 10:02 PM, said:

Speaking of which, could the insta-shield (or some other elemental shield) be used to deflect the web? It may be sort of useless (seeing as the spiderbot or whatever it would be called would have no need to jump), but it could help slow it down when it runs towards sonic, or possibly blow it up. Either way, it would be a cool effect. And coming from the web-backfiring-and-blowing-up-the-robot idea, maybe we could do a spiderbot that spits bomb webs. This could cause some chaos, no doubt.

I think the web being deflected back at the spider for a slowdown, or even just being deflected away, is good enough. I kind of like the slowdown-backfire idea; it's kind of comical, and Sonic games need a little bit of that comical element in them.

#94 User is offline Kamon62 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:29 AM

I have a good idea for the stage's design that would also help with the Trapnid badnik. A big tree with long branches on which sonic can jump on like platfroms. To reach high places in the game. We could put the spiders in the leaves and greenery of the trees! When Sonic is shot he could fall down into alternate routes. Here's a quick mock up.
Posted Image
I have also started the tree design here.
Posted Image
It is going well but I am having a bit of trouble getting the leaves, bush and branches done, So much detail...If someone wants to design anything for the rest of it I'm fine. I can't sprite it for the life of me :) .

*Update!*

I had another idea for the tree, Spirals! Like in the transition between sky sanctuary and death egg zone in Sonic & Knuckles; you can run up it and you start running around it. This would be great to reach high places. It took me ages to design with the spiral concept and what not (The angles and pixel alignment was so confusing!). I used the thin log sprites from the tropical zone as a base for this.
Posted Image

#95 User is offline Icewarrior 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:09 AM

• I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!!
That's an excellent one and more fitting into the Canadian zone than the Tropical zone, as you saw.

#96 User is offline Skeledroid 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

• Wiki edits:1
Looks a lot like one of the levels in Bubsy.

#97 User is offline Dann Woolf 

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

• Wiki edits:2

View PostResel, on Nov 12 2008, 10:52 PM, said:

View PostLobotomy, on Nov 12 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

Maple Forest Zone?

Maple Hill Zone.

Haha... We must use Maple in the zone name! It's a good way to say "Canada" without saying "Canada".

I have to admit I like this name. Plus it fits in with the "So-and-so Hill" Zone that almost all Sonic games have (Green Hiil, Emerald Hill, Mushroom Hill, Sunset Hill etc.)
This post has been edited by Dann Woolf: 11 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

#98 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

Again, names later, levels now.

#99 User is offline Jayextee 

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

• Comic Mischief
  • Project:I DONE MAKED GAMES.
  • Wiki edits:27
Before we continue, can I remind people that names are probably the lowest priority thing you could contribute?

There's this episode of the Dilbert Cartoon which mocks this situation; Dilbert almost turns into a chicken when objecting to the name being the first thing they develop for a new product. Unlike that, we are not working on the Gruntmaster 9000 ;)

#100 User is offline NinjaMan 

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Jayextee @ Dec 11 2008, 01:09 PM) [post="255477"]Posted Image

#101 User is offline grap3fruitman 

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

• Wiki edits:5
Concerning names how about "YYZ Zone?"

#102 User is offline Blue Cheese 

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

They've already made Sonic Rush...

#103 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

View Postgrap3fruitman, on Dec 21 2008, 10:27 AM, said:

Concerning names how about "YYZ Zone?"

:)
Did you not read the thing about Parkinson's Law of Triviality? We're not concerned with names right now, if you didn't notice.

#104 User is offline grap3fruitman 

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

• Wiki edits:5

View PostPhoenix, on Dec 22 2008, 04:54 PM, said:

Did you not read the thing about Parkinson's Law of Triviality? We're not concerned with names right now, if you didn't notice.

That's nice. I'm just pitching a thought I had, jesus fucking christ.

View PostBlue Cheese, on Dec 21 2008, 10:46 AM, said:

They've already made Sonic Rush...

Google Map "YYZ..."

#105 User is offline Blue Cheese 

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

It was a joke.
Rush, YYZ
...anyway

• 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum