Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic All Stars Racing 3 Possibly Leaked? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic All Stars Racing 3 Possibly Leaked? Sumo Digital Press Slides Leaked

#16 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

• Wiki edits:30
I loved All Stars Racing Transformed. Even the absurdity of Danica Patrick being in a Sega kart racer.

I think if we had a sequel though, I'd like to see a lot more tracks dedicated to obscure Sega games, and tone down the amount of Sonic tracks. But at the same time, I would be happy with anything.

#17 User is offline nineko 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
I still think they should do a crossover with the Mario Kart series, I can't believe that all we got so far from those two are a few Olympic videogames and a Smash Bros or two. Gamers from my era have been waiting for decades for an actual game with Sonic and Mario in it, and while the main series might be forbidden for whatever reason, I can't see what prevents them from doing a racing game.

#18 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:48 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View Postnineko, on 02 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

I still think they should do a crossover with the Mario Kart series, I can't believe that all we got so far from those two are a few Olympic videogames and a Smash Bros or two. Gamers from my era have been waiting for decades for an actual game with Sonic and Mario in it, and while the main series might be forbidden for whatever reason, I can't see what prevents them from doing a racing game.

I honestly think that would even help Mario Kart a bit. In addition to allowing new level themes they wouldn't have to put in dud characters like "Pink Gold Peach" or all the babies.

#19 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View Postnineko, on 02 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

I can't see what prevents them from doing a racing game.

Nintendo didn't want Mario in All-Stars Racing so that's probably why.

#20 User is offline Caniad Bach 

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

• is a peanut
I'd rather like another SEGA Racer from Sumo. Imagined it having an OutRun mode where you drive through routes with different SEGA games, with maybe like going through the rings with Ecco on a boat and an After Burner stage in the air if they want to bring in those mechanics. They did port OutRun 2, after all and it would differentiate it from Mario Kart. But that's just because I really want another OutRun game and would appreciate drfifting through checkpoints as Ryo Hazuki in City Escape.

#21 User is offline dot.kh 

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

• Puniboy 4 president
Why aren't there any Generations mods for SSASRT? I had a lot of fun with it and the tracks look phenomenal.

#22 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086
Ok... so the same toy manufacturer that did ASRT toys just came out saying there IS another Sonic Racing Title being made:

https://www.sonicsta...-game-for-2018/

So...Webbers twisting the truth...or lying?? We will know soon enough I'm sure.

#23 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

• Wiki edits:30
the plot thickens

it's time for Mario & Sonic in Sega All-Stars Racing 3

#24 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21
If it really is happening, it'd be the perfect timing to include Wreck-it Ralph again, since the sequel is coming out this year. :v:
This post has been edited by Sparks: 05 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

#25 User is offline MykonosFan 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178

View PostCaniad Bach, on 03 February 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I'd rather like another SEGA Racer from Sumo. Imagined it having an OutRun mode where you drive through routes with different SEGA games, with maybe like going through the rings with Ecco on a boat and an After Burner stage in the air if they want to bring in those mechanics. They did port OutRun 2, after all and it would differentiate it from Mario Kart. But that's just because I really want another OutRun game and would appreciate drfifting through checkpoints as Ryo Hazuki in City Escape.

This is basically my dream Sumo Digital project at this point.

View PostRGamer2009, on 05 February 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ok... so the same toy manufacturer that did ASRT toys just came out saying there IS another Sonic Racing Title being made:

https://www.sonicsta...-game-for-2018/

So...Webbers twisting the truth...or lying?? We will know soon enough I'm sure.

His tweet does specify "another SART" specifically :thinking:

#26 User is offline 360 

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
[RUMOR] Next Sumo-Sega kart game to be mainly/exclusively focused on Sonic characters via ResetERA & Sonic Stadium

It's worth noting that this a strong rumour corroborated by two sources - this dude on Sonic Stadium that has been legit/genuine on leaks in the past (leaked Sonic Forces stuff) and a high-up person on ResetERA has been hinting and reiterating the same thing (Daniel Ahmed also know as ZhugeEX) - so it's looking extremely likely this is the new Sonic racer from Sumo probably set to be announced next month at SXSW. This would also explain Aaron shooting down another Sega all-stars game - technically he was actually telling the truth (and probably trying to manage expectations) if this rumour is correct.

So not sure how I feel about this one. Another Sonic racer from Sumo (who are legendary at these) is excellent news, but why deviate from something so popular and successful with the Sega legacy and just focus on Sonic? Mixed emotions, but that might be change once we see the game, which again is highly likely to be unveiled at SXSW.

So a new Sonic racing game after all. And by the sounds of it in direct challenge to Mario Kart. Thoughts everyone?

EDIT: Also that toy manufacturer leaked this too, meaning three sources here and Sumo is definitely working on a new kart racer - so this game is very probably real.
This post has been edited by 360: 15 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

#27 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View Post360, on 15 February 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

So a new Sonic racing game after all. And by the sounds of it in direct challenge to Mario Kart. Thoughts everyone?

Now that Nintendo has started adding characters from outside the Mario universe, having a Sonic-centric kart racer feels like a bad move.

Sounds like an idea that Iizuka would suggest. :v:
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 15 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

#28 User is offline 360 

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View PostICEknight, on 15 February 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

Now that Nintendo has started adding characters from outside the Mario universe, having a Sonic-centric kart racer feels like a bad move.

Sounds like an idea that Iizuka would suggest. :v:

Very good point - and yeah the general reaction in that ResetERA thread is negativity and disappointment to this revelation, as in most would have preferred a new Sega all-stars game. I do agree. Feels like a regression and one that doesn't make much sense given the previous games' acclaim and popularity. One thing that's important to note - ZhugeEX (who supposedly has knowledge of this) heavily hinted on ResetERA that people wouldn't be disappointed once they see the game so there is that.

And yeah I was thinking this is a typical Sega move that could have been pushed by Sonic Team/Iizuka. Seems like a symptom of their serious efforts to re-launch Sonic - their own legacy be damned.
This post has been edited by 360: 15 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

#29 User is offline MykonosFan 

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178
If this is true, it's an especially odd move with SEGA leveraging their IP more and more lately. Space Channel 5 VR, Valkyria 4, a new House of the Dead, Virtual-On's (crossover) return, Crazy Taxi's odd clicker game on smartphones, SEGA Slots launching...I'm not saying any of these are especially earth-shattering moves. But overall, it feels the perfect time for a proper ASR3 to help proliferate that IP even more.

I just want my Kamurocho race course. :(

#30 User is offline winterhell 

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

View Post360, on 30 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Looks like Sega just shot it down via Aaron on Twitter: https://twitter.com/...432562304532480

Then again I vaguely remember Taxman swearing he is NOT working on a Sonic game or anything else associated with Sega just couple of months before the Mania unveil. Maybe they don't want to reveal ASR3 yet.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users