Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Creating a 60fps patch for Jet Set Radio (PC) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Creating a 60fps patch for Jet Set Radio (PC) Need help

#16 User is offline PkR 

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

• Project:SADX Dreamcast Conversion, The Emeralds' Awakening
Has anything come out of this? Unlike SA1/SADX, the PC port of Jet Set Radio is surprisingly decent. It has a crap config program and minor transparency issues with trees and police cars, but it's also got proper widescreen support and looks pretty much identical to the original game. I've played it on both DC and PC and couldn't find any major visual or sound differences. The soundtrack is only slightly different, and it's possible to mod the music as well since the file structure is very similar to the original Dreamcast version. A lot of files are identical to the original, and the music is just Dreamcast ADX files converted to OGG.

The only thing I wish they'd done in this port is proper 60 FPS support. I've been looking for a solution and found this thread. Is anyone still interested in making a 60 FPS patch for Jet Set Radio?

#17 User is offline Sonikko 

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:25 AM

• Bird
I just wanted to chime in to express my interest.
I've somehow never seen this thread during the years of lurking here, but I'd be very interested in a 60fps patch, I feel it's the only thing that is missing from the PC port as of now.
Did something ever come out of this?

#18 User is offline WAC 

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

• Owner of 14 Cats
  • Project:???
  • Wiki edits:2
I hope a 60FPS patch gets made. Sega should have never released the PC version in only 30FPS.

#19 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:38 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostWAC, on 18 November 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

I hope a 60FPS patch gets made. Sega should have never released the PC version in only 30FPS.

JSR is one of those games that plays by framerate. 60 means the game would run at double speed.

#20 User is offline Morph 

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:39 AM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA1/2 hax
  • Wiki edits:11
Assuming the graphics and game logic are separated enough (which I only bring up because of the horrors I've seen in Sonic Adventure), that would be trivial to fix with access to the source code.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users