Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Is Olympics dead? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Is Olympics dead?

#16 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

Best thing to come out of this series of games was the Rio arcade game with the massive joysticks and foot pad. The only problem is the machine is technically alreday out of date due to the numbered year and event location. I wonder how long they'll keep that machine in circulation..

#17 User is offline JohnBoyAdvance 

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

I'm prety sure I said somewhere else on these boards I always thought the Mario Vs Sonic games were a cocktease for something grander but it never happened. Yes Sonic was in Smash and then the 3DS games had a story mode where the Sonic characters were jerks and the Mario characters were overly nice.

I thought they would go down the RPG route especially seeing as Sonic Chronicles was released around the time as Superstar Saga(?). Plus the afformentioned 3DS story mode. Never really understood why people wanted a platformer between the two. Probably because Mario games were god like and Sonic games (at the time) were dodgy.

Even if I got Mario Kart and Sonic Riders go to the Monaco Grand Prix with Bernie Ecclestone being revealed as the big bad at the end, that would have been enough.

#18 User is online nineko 

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
Yeah, I've been wondering for years what's preventing them from doing a "Mario Kart & Sonic All-Stars Racing & Knuckles" crossover racing game, those two franchises are not that different, it could easily work if they do it right.

Plus, Sega is actually good at making racing games, in my opinion. I personally LOVE Outrun 2006, but that's another topic.
This post has been edited by nineko: 17 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

#19 User is offline JohnBoyAdvance 

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

Agreed. I mean its not like Sega and Nintendo made a racing game together or anything... oh wait

I mean you'd either put Sonic and co in karts or put Mario and co in a variety of vehicles. Hell they did that in Double Dash!!

I need to stop. I'll get myself excited for nothing.

#20 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostJohnBoyAdvance, on 18 June 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Agreed. I mean its not like Sega and Nintendo made a racing game together or anything... oh wait

I mean you'd either put Sonic and co in karts or put Mario and co in a variety of vehicles. Hell they did that in Double Dash!!

I need to stop. I'll get myself excited for nothing.

Two if you want to get super technical.

F-Zero AX

#21 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:14 AM

• Meme War I Veteran
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94
If you want to get ULTRA technical, AX and GX are the same game, so we're back down to one.

#22 User is offline JohnBoyAdvance 

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

Do we include Mario kart arcade which was a team up of Nintendo(license), Sega(tech) and Namco Bandai(developers)?

#23 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
I mean, sure, Sega made the Triforce hardware, but I'm not sure if they were directly involved with the game.

That would be like saying Sega helped make Luigi's Mansion Arcade just because it's on Sega hardware (Nu).

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users