Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Ready to Take 2018 by Storm at SXSW 2018 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 20 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Ready to Take 2018 by Storm at SXSW 2018 News on Mania, Forces and potentially the next game

#76 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

• Wiki edits:22
It does seem to point to more classic Sonic indeed. All I want is S3&K from Taxman and Stealth. Sega plz.

#77 User is online Axanery 

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:33 AM

• Project:Sonic Encore (name pending change now that Encore Mode was revealed for Sonic Mania)
Quite honestly I'd be up for almost any classic port into the Retro Engine.
Seeing stuff like Knuckles' Chaotix being ported would be awesome, and I wonder if it would use RSDK5 (or higher) since 5 added support for 16x16 tiles rather than 128x128 blocks in a scene (which is great for modding, which I know isn't the focus of a game but it's great nonetheless). I know that Whitehead already had the S3K port almost finished years ago, so it may use the same as Sonic 2 did. Either way, any classic game port or all around new game would be awesome.

#78 User is offline 360 

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
If they're going with Mania art for the promo yeah that's a really good sign. Something Mania (or Classic) related has to be announced if this is their tease. 4 days to go.
This post has been edited by 360: 12 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

#79 User is offline Retroman 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

• XD
2 days to go!! *Hype*

#80 User is offline juicitron 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

• Project:Sonic Adventure Unlimited
Shoot I thought the news would be today!!! 2 days is too far away man!!! Anyway I personally don't think it'll be an announcement of Sonic Mania 2, even if it was that a new 2D game I don't think it would have that title. I always want more 3D Sonic content personally so I'm hoping it's related to that. It'll probs be Big's Big All Star Racing 3 though

#81 User is offline LukyHRE 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

• The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar
  • Project:Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
  • Wiki edits:2
When this will take place? The panel says 3:30pm, but what timezone?

#82 User is offline 360 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive

View PostLukyHRE, on 13 March 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Good question! I presume their specified time for the panel refers to their local time in Austin, Texas given the panel is being held at the Austin Convention Center. Austin, Texas time is CDT or rather GMT minus 5 hours meaning the panel should be starting at 3.30pm CDT which is 8.30pm GMT on March 16. Feel free to correct me everyone but I'm presuming "3.30pm" refers to Austin, Texas local time of CDT.

So for those of us in the UK it'll be late evening and then for everyone else you'll have to convert CDT to your local time zone.
This post has been edited by 360: 13 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

#83 User is online Axanery 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

• Project:Sonic Encore (name pending change now that Encore Mode was revealed for Sonic Mania)

View Post360, on 13 March 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostLukyHRE, on 13 March 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Good question! I presume their specified time for the panel refers to their local time in Austin, Texas given the panel is being held at the Austin Convention Center. Austin, Texas time is CDT or rather GMT minus 5 hours meaning the panel should be starting at 3.30pm CDT which is 8.30pm GMT on March 16. Feel free to correct me everyone but I'm presuming "3.30pm" refers to Austin, Texas local time of CDT.

So for those of us in the UK it'll be late evening and then for everyone else you'll have to convert CDT to your local time zone.

That's correct, Webber confirmed in a reply to the SXSW tweet that the Sonic Twitter posted. https://twitter.com/...183693740552192

#84 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:55 PM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN

View Postjuicitron, on 13 March 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

It'll probs be Big's Big All Star Racing 3 though

Working Title: Big's Big Rigs

#85 User is offline 360 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive

View PostAxanery, on 13 March 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

That's correct, Webber confirmed in a reply to the SXSW tweet that the Sonic Twitter posted. https://twitter.com/...183693740552192

Ah, awesome. So that's the exact time confirmed then. Thanks man.

Only thing I'm wondering now is whether we'll be able to watch the panel, as in will there be a stream or will we have to check live blogs and so on? I checked SXSW's live schedule on their site and the Sonic event is not listed. What happened the last time Sonic was at SXSW? Was there a stream available to see on YouTube? Or was that uploaded later?
This post has been edited by 360: 13 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

#86 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

• Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash
As you may or may not know by now, SegaNerds found trailers and screenshots on a yet-to-be unannounced compilation called Sega Genesis Collection in Sega's press vault, you can hear more about it at its appropriate thread.

The main reason I'm bringing it up here in this thread however is due to this leak back in September last year. A European website (money is in Euros, and language is --according to Google Translate-- Slovakian) has posted had listings for a bunch of Sega games, most of which had yet to be announced. One of them was "Sega MegaDrive Collection"...and another was Sonic Mania (as a physical release).

Posted Image

Assuming the recently leaked "Genesis Collection" is the same as this "MegaDrive Collection" from the website; this could mean that a physical release for Sonic Mania might be revealed at the SXSW panel Friday. It is worth noting that several store listings about a physical release for Mania have persisted for months following the game's reveal.
This post has been edited by Yeow: 13 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

#87 User is online Sparks 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21
If they're waiting to make a big announcement out of this, then I'm hoping it's some kind of extended edition, directors cut, or something similar. If it's simply a physical version of the same game thats been out for months would be a bit of a letdown.

#88 User is offline 360 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
With the Project Plus development branch leak on Steam in conjunction with them using Mania art in their promo and also having a Mania team member on the panel - my money's on "Sonic Mania sold millions so here's Sonic Mania Plus" which will be an enhanced edition that will see a physical release. That's my last minute prediction. We'll know in just over 48 hours. SXSW rapidly approaches.
This post has been edited by 360: 13 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

#89 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:26 PM

• Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash

View PostSparks, on 13 March 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

If they're waiting to make a big announcement out of this, then I'm hoping it's some kind of extended edition, directors cut, or something similar. If it's simply a physical version of the same game thats been out for months would be a bit of a letdown.

I don't think this is the big announcement, just one of the smaller reveals. The big announcement is probably the new game that's been reported (apparently a new Sonic kart racer, presumably by Sumo Digital), as well as news about the upcoming IDW comic and maybe the live-action/CG film (oh joy...).

I'd also actually be fine with just a physical release as is, due to how long I and many others have been calling for one. I guess if additional content does come with it that would be cool, but that would personally be just be gravy on top of having an actual physical release.

Sega being finally convinced into giving Mania physical distribution months after the game's original release would also suggest to me very good things about Mania's sales performance and the potential future of more classic Sonic games; but I don't want to get myself too excited over something not entirely guaranteed to happen.

(Also updated my previous post about past listings of physical Mania releases.)
This post has been edited by Yeow: 13 March 2018 - 10:31 PM

#90 User is offline 360 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
Something Mania-related will almost definitely be announced - it's just a question of what exactly. At a guess following the Mania sales talk a new version of the game/Project Plus will be unveiled.

The event will serve as somewhat of a crystal ball as to the future direction of Sonic. So hoping everything Sonic Team said about monitoring Mania's reception will come to light here.
This post has been edited by 360: 13 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

• 20 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users