Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 273 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces

#4081 User is offline Xenomon 

Posted Yesterday, 11:19 PM

1. how many of you guys got to play a demo? At E3 i got in a quick avatar park avenue with cheis redwolf and his whip of 1,000 volts. So i got to experience how the avatar controls if only for a quick 2 minutes.

2. I think a lot of you guys are too quick to be unconvinced. Hell mania was met with "garbage fan game. Pass" then it came out and everyone went "holy shit! This is the best thing since clothes became popular!" before i get hit with "mania is perfect! Everyone loves it! Have a search through metacritic

3. If you have such low expectations, the lot of you are aware that can negatively impact your experience y'know? If i have low expectations before i play Sonic 2 on ds, ill have this disgusting mindset of "i don't expect to be amazed or find any enjoyment"
don't be toxicly positive (though that IS CLEARLY NOT an issue here!) either because the 1ST time you're caught off guard "oops there goes my excitement, now I'm aggravated" rahrahrah. Open mindedness: that is why i got mania (i grew up with heroes sue me)

:v: oh boy can't wait to be crucified... again

#4082 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted Yesterday, 11:55 PM

• Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
I'm iffy on the game. But I honestly need to see something more involved with the level design for Modern Sonic. I don't think it'll be bad at all, surely be a step up from Lost World. Hoping the Modern Green Hill we saw that snippet of is more focused on reaction and multiple paths.

My issue with the game right now. Sonic has no moves honestly to do other things besides boost and homing attack and slide now. If they took away drift and light dash he's more gimped now in terms of what they can do for paths. I guess that's due to them going more Colors level design direction then Unleashed/Gens. Though I never really enjoyed Colors for replayability compared to Unleashed and Gens due to the movesets.

#4083 User is offline juicitron 

Posted Yesterday, 11:58 PM

• Project:Sonic Adventure Unlimited
One thing that seems apparent is most of the gameplay we've seen is extremely basic. Like the episode Shadow footage is obviously just a WIP / test level, and the demo stuff that's been available isn't very in-depth. I know people are getting discouraged but I think there's much more to the stages and gameplay than what we've seen.

the avatar gameplay is pertty wonky though not gonna lie
This post has been edited by juicitron: Yesterday, 11:59 PM

#4084 User is online Zephyr 

Posted 56 minutes ago

• Wiki edits:2

View PostXenomon, on Yesterday, 11:19 PM, said:

Hell mania was met with "garbage fan game. Pass"

Maybe on the True Sonic Spirit channel or Sonic Adventure 3 page. The Mania thread isn't far, I promise. Go look at how that was initially received around here. Spoiler: FUKKEN HYPE

You could also look through the Sonic 4 threads if you want to see how good the pedants around here are at smelling shit when it's placed squarely in front of them.

i grew up with heroes sue me

I won't sue you, but I'll say that it explains your rock bottom standards and dogmatic optimism.

#4085 User is offline Master Emerald 

Posted 55 minutes ago

• Project:College
  • Wiki edits:22

mania was met with "garbage fan game. Pass

No it wasn't. Even the harsh criticism on it revolves around it not pushing the boundaries established on the classic games/rerashing zones or even people complaining about the questionable bossess. But, with Forces we have multiple sources confirming:

Worse physics than Generations

Bad Visuals (especially visible on Sunset Heights buildings)

Abysmal experience on Nintendo Switch

Extremely raw/broken/overpowered Avatar gameplay with the 'classes' being almost entirely cosmetic

Automation present everywhere.

We're two months away from release and they didn't provide any evidence suggesting they're not accurate points.
This post has been edited by Master Emerald: 53 minutes ago

#4086 User is online Laughingcow 

Posted 53 minutes ago

I suppose the main fault here is that, from a purely technical standpoint, there is nothing here that couldn't be done on the Xbox360 or PS3. Unless someone would like to point out something here that requires the added horsepower of the PS4 or Xbone, I remain unimpressed which is sad because at least the Crash Bandicoot N.Sane trilogy has 4K textures with a complementing artstyle.

I mean, if they aren't going to anything spectacular or new, you could at least look decent.
This post has been edited by Laughingcow: 51 minutes ago

#4087 User is offline Epsilonsama 

Posted 51 minutes ago

• THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE!
  • Wiki edits:7
Honestly I might just get it on the switch to see how big of a train wreck it is. For $40 is not that big of an investment and knowing how short the game will be I could always ask for a refund.

#4088 User is offline Eshorn 

Posted 46 minutes ago

3. If you have such low expectations, the lot of you are aware that can negatively impact your experience y'know? If i have low expectations before i play Sonic 2 on ds, ill have this disgusting mindset of "i don't expect to be amazed or find any enjoyment"
don't be toxicly positive (though that IS CLEARLY NOT an issue here!) either because the 1ST time you're caught off guard "oops there goes my excitement, now I'm aggravated" rahrahrah. Open mindedness: that is why i got mania (i grew up with heroes sue me)

I get what you're saying here, but you can only take so much disappointment after looking forward to a new Sonic game until you begin looking at each subsequent game with skepticism.

Like I said before, I think this game has promise if they tighten up some of the issues that've been uncovered. But as it stands now I feel it's only worth checking out just to see what's up with Infinite.

#4089 User is online Casshern 

Posted 42 minutes ago

1. how many of you guys got to play a demo?

I got to play the demo at SDCC, and I agree with most of what the Stadium wrote. Especially the Avatar character. That's honestly what left the biggest bad taste on me from the demo.

Yes, it's not as bad as fishing or treasure hunting but I'm not sure why Sonic Team doesn't realize that adding weapon/combat based gameplay hinders Sonic's gameplay, classic or modern.

I've been saying this since Unleashed, but it's almost as if they get these ideas for other new games and are forced to use them for Sonic games (kind of like Fifth Phantom saga being watered down for Silver's gameplay in 06.)

They should've just stuck on being a real Sonic Generations 2 and just focused on Classic and Modern Sonic tbh. All the time and effort spent on the avatar could've been used on making more levels or just making stuff like Episode Shadow.

#4090 User is online Muscle Wizard 

Posted 13 minutes ago

Always had thoughts about skipping this game but that Stadium post has scared me away because holy moly does it sound like garbage. A game this automated? The fact that barely anything happens when you fail the Double Boost prompt is just astonishing too, and the speed graphs in that areas demonstrate a lot about how bad this game apparently handles momentum.

The idea of jump physics randomly being heavier or lighter too is just.....what? All of this sounds less than mediocre, it goes into outright awful sounding from the looks of things. At least SEGA had the decency to have people release an actual quality Sonic game this year. Like I just can't fathom how they made it control worse (seemingly) than every other boost game made? Just mindblowing.

#4091 User is online Zephyr 

Posted 3 minutes ago

• Wiki edits:2

View PostCasshern, on 42 minutes ago, said:

They should've just stuck on being a real Sonic Generations 2 and just focused on Classic and Modern Sonic tbh.

I'd say they should have not bothered with Classic at all, since the Mania team's shown that they can do that kind of gameplay much better than Sonic Team. Even if Mania wasn't pitched until after Forces was in development, they were still able to build a classic-accurate physics engine from scratch, and the game it was in was officially released well before Forces' alleged development beginnings.

The Boost gameplay really needs to be refined so that it can stand on its own. Sonic Team can't be so creatively bankrupt that they've just hit a wall and can't think of any way to make the gameplay worthwhile by itself, that they need some crutch to pad the game and justify a full retail price tag. Hopefully Mania will remind them that more playable characters isn't inherently dangerous, that they have to just not snort 50 lines of cocaine during the game's planning stage, and that it can make for a clean, simple, and safe way to literally multiply a game's content.

• 273 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

29 User(s) are reading this topic
8 members, 20 guests, 1 anonymous users

1. Yandex,
  2. Oldbie: JaxTH,
  3. Member: Laughingcow,
  4. Trial Member: Craftis,
  5. Trial Member: Kimberly,
  6. Member: Zephyr,
  7. Member: Casshern,