Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: 1993 "Sonic" game on Sharp X68k - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1993 "Sonic" game on Sharp X68k Can we find a dump/image of this?

#31 User is offline BouncekDeLemos 

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:15 AM

View PostCornFlakes, on 21 November 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Surely enough, Minic was made by the same Kiyoshi Sakai! Not only that, Sakai-san recently took to youtube to upload a video fo the original 68K version, backed with remixed music to boot! Not only that, it also even includes a bonus stage not featured within the PSX port of the game. Maybe we'll finally be able to get a download soon....

http://www.os.rim.or...n/develop/X68k/

^ Link to the X68000 rom is on the bottom of that page. Plus other info about the song and a good emulator to use. What's charming is that he admits that it's not very fun to play being a small little fan project and all, and also says if anyone doesn't know Japanese, figure it out and don't start any problems. lol

I dunno, the whole project to me just oozes charm. From the graphics, to the little smoke details when Minic runs, to the overly small cute Sonic CD-esq sprite, to the developer making it. So awesome. :)

#32 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:05 AM

• match up tails to the cards
  • Project:you just can't catch 'em, wiggly worms
  • Wiki edits:20,569
Fought an emulator and got it to play (don't ask how) - it's a challenge. It requires a lot of patience and hills are deadly.

Looks the part, though, and lovely for 1993.

#33 User is offline Ch1pper 

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

• Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less
  • Project:Life.
  • Wiki edits:40
I can get to the title screen but then pressing keys does nothing. How does this work?

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users