Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania: Hacking Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 47 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania: Hacking Discussion Will update when news comes out

#61 User is offline Dr. Mecha 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

• Project:3d Models

View PostAzu, on 30 August 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

View PostKing, on 30 August 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

My interest in hacking Mania so far is in terms of cheating. I've been using several cheating tools and I've already found some useful ways to cheat in the game.

0AB9A82C = Amount of Blue Spheres left address. Change the value to 1 and get a Blue Sphere to instantly win and get the medal.
00A4D644 = Amount of Rings you have address. Change the value to anything, e.g. 50 to always have 50 Rings.
0A0695AC = Amount of Rings/Time in the Special Stage address. Change the value to 99 to always have 99 Rings/Time left in the Special Stage. Makes them VERY easy. :D

Right now I'm trying to hunt down the address(es) for the amount of Chaos Emeralds. Also going to try to find the address(es) for the underwater countdown before drowning.

If you're using cheat engine, the adress will be random every time you boot up the game.

So that's their anti-cheat method.

Won't help with the speed manipulation.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#62 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostDr. Mecha, on 30 August 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

It's not an anti-cheat method at all, it's a consequence of using an operating system. When you open an application, your OS finds a section of RAM the program can use for its memory. Cheat Engine works by looking at absolute RAM, so the locations will change depending on which section of RAM your OS has chosen for the application.

It's slightly more complicated than that, but that's the basic idea.

#63 User is offline GerbilSoft 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

• RickRotate'd.
  • Project:Gens/GS
  • Wiki edits:5,000 + one spin

View PostDigitalDuck, on 30 August 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

It's not an anti-cheat method at all, it's a consequence of using an operating system. When you open an application, your OS finds a section of RAM the program can use for its memory. Cheat Engine works by looking at absolute RAM, so the locations will change depending on which section of RAM your OS has chosen for the application.

This entirely depends on whether or not the player state data is statically allocated or dynamically allocated. If it's statically allocated, it will always be at the same address.

...not counting for ASLR, which rebases the entire executable, so you'd have to adjust it for the module base address.

If it's dynamically allocated, you'd have to find the pointer to the player state (which usually is statically allocated) and adjust for that.
This post has been edited by GerbilSoft: 30 August 2017 - 09:33 AM
Reason for edit: +it's

#64 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

• I'm not a furry.
  • Project:Castlevania prettyness
  • Wiki edits:5
Can confirm, the addresses he specified are static, at least the ring count is. They show up as green too, so that should tell you enough.

#65 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostGerbilSoft, on 30 August 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

View PostDigitalDuck, on 30 August 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

This entirely depends on whether or not the player state data is statically allocated or dynamically allocated. If it's statically allocated, it will always be at the same address.

...not counting for ASLR, which rebases the entire executable, so you'd have to adjust it for the module base address.

If it's dynamically allocated, you'd have to find the pointer to the player state (which usually is statically allocated) and adjust for that.

guys I got this already.

got the static addresses for the special stages, plan to finish getting pointers for the bonus stages later today. and will release a full cheat engine table soon.
like Soinc CD the addresses for everything in the main game are static, just for some reason in mania (maybe they were programmed by someone else) the special and bonus stages have dynamic addresses that aren't static so you do have to go looking for pointers. as long as you use cheat engine all static addresses will work next time the game is ran and on different hardware.

here is the full cheat table for sonic cd for those interested. (not that you would be) but most of the items i have on that table i was able to refind in mania.
https://www.dropbox....soniccd.CT?dl=0

here are a few teaser addresses to get you started.

Each is 1 byte.
Shield Effect - SonicMania.exe+64D64C - 4 = Lightning Shield, 3= Fire Sheild, 2 = Bubble Shield - no art is in game, but gives the double jump movement.
Infinite Double Jump Ability Use - SonicMania.exe+64D744 - Set and Lock to 1, use the above code or grab a Fire or Electric Shield and Spam that Jump Button.
Jump Acceleration / Height - SonicMania.exe+64D6F2 - Jump High....like Shaq.
This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 30 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

#66 User is offline Fenrir 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

• Eh.

View Postredhotsonic, on 30 August 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

View PostRibShark, on 29 August 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

EDIT: Oh my god what did i do:
Spoiler

I did the same thing, here's a twitter link with video footage of it in action in case people are curious.

https://twitter.com/...675168857874432

The way I got the game like this is by accessing the dev menu during the ending cutscene. It stayed like this throughout anything else I went on until I quit the game.

EDIT:

View PostOverlord, on 29 August 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Yeah, Sega's selling the soundtrack so no links to the sound rips, please.

Are they though? The vinyl will only contain the newest songs (Press Garden, Titanic Monarch, etc). Remixes (Chemical Plant, Metallic Madness, etc) won't be part of the OST.

The Vinyl comes with a digital download for the games OST. And I don't doubt it'll be made widely available with time.
This post has been edited by Fenrir: 30 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

#67 User is offline King 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

View Postcodenamegamma, on 30 August 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

got the static addresses for the special stages, plan to finish getting pointers for the bonus stages later today. and will release a full cheat engine table soon.

Yes! Thank you, looking forward to this!

#68 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostChimera, on 30 August 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Can confirm, the addresses he specified are static, at least the ring count is. They show up as green too, so that should tell you enough.

My mistake, they looked like they weren't relative to the executable.

#69 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostKing, on 30 August 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

View Postcodenamegamma, on 30 August 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yes! Thank you, looking forward to this!

I got scared! there was an update and I was worried that my all addresses would change. luckily it didn't.

#70 User is offline King 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, it's some update dealing with offline play.
Just curious, have you by chance managed to get debug mode working under saved games?

#71 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostKing, on 30 August 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Just curious, have you by chance managed to get debug mode working under saved games?

I'm curious about this working with all the secret options in general actually. If I could have some save files set to use & Knuckles or the insta-shield by default that'd be lovely.

#72 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

yes

SonicMania.exe+8D05C8

1 byte, set it to one to enable. I think it also works in time trial mode. though don't be THAT GUY since there's already one of THAT GUY on the leaderboard.

View PostDark Sonic, on 30 August 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'm curious about this working with all the secret options in general actually. If I could have some save files set to use & Knuckles or the insta-shield by default that'd be lovely.

well...I've tried finding the value for what move set sonic has. my best guess is that sonic has all the moves available to him even what's used by Lighting Shield and Fire Shield, but they get activated and deactivated by other means. like in the last stage, the rings are just flying around, but are attracted to you. since i know that you can set the shield effect to lightning shield, it's possible they use other values that add just the effect to bring in rings.

#73 User is offline King 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Nice! I don't have time or ability to test it right now, but a) does it work for already existing save games and b) does it work for all characters? :D
This post has been edited by King: 30 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

#74 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostKing, on 30 August 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Nice! I don't have time or ability to test it right now, but a) does it work for already existing save games and b) does it work for all characters? :D

it just enables it. so yes it should work ANYTIME while in game. well normal game, not special stages. i just finished getting the value for speed in bluephere, so easy mode is possible.
This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 30 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

#75 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostRibShark, on 29 August 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

I found this:
Spoiler

Add "devMenu=1" to the "[Game]" section of Settings.ini, then press ESC in game.

EDIT: Oh my god what did i do:
Spoiler

sure enough the value for gamestate i found also enables the Dev Menu.

SonicMania.exe+8D05D6

1 byte

0 - Resets Level

1 - Normal Game

8 - Dev Menu.

• 47 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users