Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Account Security - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Account Security How to prevent being hijacked

#31 User is offline Afti 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

• ORIGINAL MACHINE
  • Wiki edits:336
Now that's done with, I'll... do something desirable, I dunno what... if this community goes one month without drama.

Maybe scan some manuals for the wiki...

#32 User is offline Glisp 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:53 PM

• It's classic Super Sonic with Green eyes. Get over it.
  • Project:None at the moment I'm afraid.
  • Wiki edits:73
QUOTE (SOTI @ Oct 29 2009, 06:36 PM)
This is pathetic. x64 is a fucking manipulative prick who just had to fuck around with his "rainbow table". I was a #stuff user myself and I got sick of the harrassment I got from them, all because I wasn't in their Skype call. Also threats of trying to get my personal details. He flipped off a few people, including Shade, Skaarg and Peter.
In other news, #stuff closed down. Good fucking riddance.

Awwww. That's too bad. I'm glad he apologized to me but how do I know its an apology and not just another way to manipulate my emotions into feeling sorry for him? I can't trust him after he did what he did. I had to leave Skype for good because of him. (I've still got it installed on my computer though so I might be coming back provided I don't have to deal with him or Peter ever again.)
This post has been edited by Glisp: 29 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

#33 User is offline PsychoSk8r 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

• HighKnights
  • Project:30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
  • Wiki edits:19
About fucking time.

#34 User is offline Blanche Hodapp 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

• *urp*
  • Wiki edits:120
QUOTE (SOTI @ Oct 29 2009, 10:36 PM)
In other news, #stuff closed down. Good fucking riddance.

Without going into depth, that message is utter arse of the highest order

He's not sorry, and he will be back

#35 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
Sad to say that is the first thing that popped into my head as I read that, too. Looks exactly like the last one he wrote.

#36 User is offline Glisp 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Yeah I figured as much considering what a faggot he is. He's not "sorry". If he was "sorry" he'd be down on his knees groveling begging me not to slit his throat and eviscerate and disembowel him and eat his intestines afterwords. Yeah, Ritz was right on the money when he called me a "sadistic prick".
This post has been edited by Glisp: 29 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

#37 User is offline PsychoSk8r 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

• HighKnights
I tell you what I think, people like that don't deserve to be forgiven, infact, it's bad enough that this discussion has been sparked. I'm sure we could do much better things with our time than talk about that cunt.
Sure, I usually say everyone deserves a second chance - but it doesn't apply to severe situations like this. The bastard can fucking rot for all I care, he doesn't deserve to be given the forgiveness he apparently craves so much.
Tweaker, I know what you said in the other post, but no, people like this do not deserve friends. Don't accept his apology, and more-so, don't feel bad about it.

You can't erase the past.

#38 User is offline Glisp 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

Does anybody know if he's on Skype anymore? For all I care, x64 can go to hell and he can take Peter fuckinf O'hanlon with him. Likewise I'm blocking Peter, and removing him from my friends list on youtube. He doesn't see me as anything more than an annoying cunt anyway. I fact, the last thing he said to me was "fucking idiot". For someone who was supposed to be my "friend" he sure didn't act like it.

(of course I'm ignoring the fact that I was indeed acting like a "fucking idiot" at the time but it was still uncalled for and it really hurt coming from him since he was my supposed "friend".)

With my real feelings out of the way I'm going to put this to rest now.

Edit: looks like I don't need to remove Peter as a friend on Youtube. He closed his account.
This post has been edited by Glisp: 29 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

#39 User is offline Mystical Ninja 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

• For old time's sake.
  • Project:Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
  • Wiki edits:282
QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ Oct 29 2009, 09:07 PM)
I tell you what I think, people like that don't deserve to be forgiven, infact, it's bad enough that this discussion has been sparked. I'm sure we could do much better things with our time than talk about that cunt.
Sure, I usually say everyone deserves a second chance - but it doesn't apply to severe situations like this. The bastard can fucking rot for all I care, he doesn't deserve to be given the forgiveness he apparently craves so much.
Tweaker, I know what you said in the other post, but no, people like this do not deserve friends. Don't accept his apology, and more-so, don't feel bad about it.

You can't erase the past.

Hasn't he already been given more than just a second chance?

#40 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

• let's don't forget about it
  • Project:Comic drawing, game designing, working, dying.
  • Wiki edits:1
I don't really know a lot about him, so, I can't say much, but x64 seems/seemed awfully moodswingy and backstabby. I'm definitely not saying this to be mean, but have any of you ever considered that perhaps a mental illness may be to blame? Perhaps bipolar disorder? His behavior may not be entirely his fault.

#41 User is offline PsychoSk8r 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

• HighKnights
QUOTE (LordOfSquad @ Oct 30 2009, 01:28 AM)
I don't really know a lot about him, so, I can't say much, but x64 seems/seemed awfully moodswingy and backstabby. I'm definitely not saying this to be mean, but have any of you ever considered that perhaps a mental illness may be to blame? Perhaps bipolar disorder? His behavior may not be entirely his fault.

You'd know if it was bipolar, straight away. This isn't it.

#42 User is offline Jayextee 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

• Comic Mischief
  • Project:I DONE MAKED GAMES.
  • Wiki edits:27

Resident Bipolar Disorder "sufferer" here, calling bullshit.

An asshole is still an asshole whether or not it stinks, and is brown or pink.

#43 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

• let's don't forget about it
  • Project:Comic drawing, game designing, working, dying.
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (PsychoSk8r @ Oct 29 2009, 07:30 PM)

You'd know if it was bipolar, straight away. This isn't it.

QUOTE (Jayextee @ Oct 29 2009, 07:32 PM)

Resident Bipolar Disorder "sufferer" here, calling bullshit.

An asshole is still an asshole whether or not it stinks, and is brown or pink.

I lol'd. Alright then.

#44 User is offline Caitlin 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

• Burning with revenge
  • Wiki edits:35
QUOTE (Afti @ Oct 29 2009, 06:52 PM)
Now that's done with, I'll... do something desirable, I dunno what... if this community goes one month without drama.

Maybe scan some manuals for the wiki...

Now why wait for something that's never gonna happen to do something beneficial for the wiki, huh? wink.png

#45 User is offline Andlabs 

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

• 「いっきまーす」
  • Project:Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
  • Wiki edits:7,061
I have been trying to keep from this discussion as much as possible, sadly it's too addicting to leave it alone.

I don't know x64 too well, so I guess I'll take your word for it. But if what happened was enough to get him out of (most of) the Internet, I don't know.

The night this topic was created, x64 first banned, then outright deleted Peter's account from Pound Stuff.

Skaarg, in retrospect, wasn't what you did to the board pretty much doing what he did to us (albeit on a much lower level)? Unless that wasn't you?

One last thing about x64 and Peter: they're idiots, we know, but

IT'S OVER NOW.

Can we move on? I did; I continued working with Sonic & Knuckles in the time this thread has been open.

And as far as password security goes, we need to remember that no password is totally secure. Someone will always find a way around even the most randomized, tl;dr password. Account security is a serious issue, but now that these shenanigans are over, I feel it is time to just drop this paranoia about these members coming back and looking toward the future.

Sonic Retro has survived worse.
This post has been edited by Andlabs: 30 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

• 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users