Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Team stealing - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Team stealing And they have to pay back

#1 User is offline Yuji Uekawa 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:24 PM

In the time when Sonic Advance 2 was developed, one of the biggest online Sonic Communities "Sonic 2 Beta EZboard" was at it's best state. It was all over the search engines, and a lot of general Sonic fans were browsing the forums since it weren't private in any way. I don't want to mention any names, but there was this member who was "very-very" popular. That memeber used Sonic Advance 1 sprites for own stories and arts.

Now when the Sonic Advance 3 endings have been leaked, there are demos that's almost identically to the stories and sprites sheets this mamber made. This is making a few of us very upset since the old member is a good friend.

I'm not going to allow this to happen. Sonic Team is stealing ideas from us and making money out of it. It's time we steal from them.

I've waited for this a long time now, and I have the right stuff to make them cry. Sonic Team made their biggest mistake yet. They're gonna pay for it.

#2 User is offline LOst 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:27 PM

• Wiki edits:2
I'm very pissed off now. They're not getting away with this >.<

#3 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:35 PM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10
Uhm... please PM me more info? You've piqued my interest.

#4 User is offline LOst 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

Quick Man, on Mar 19 2004, 10:35 PM, said:

Uhm... please PM me more info? You've piqued my interest.

Raping a friend of mine just for the money.... I'm really angry right now. I'm just waiting for my friend to come online so we can together kill Yuji Naka and Yuji Uekawa. :angry:

#5 User is offline Badass Cyborg 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:06 PM

Er...? Explanation, please? o_O

#6 User is offline PinkRose324 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:09 PM

• *HIC* The Drunken Member *HIC*

Yuji Uekawa, on Mar 19 2004, 02:24 PM, said:

In the time when Sonic Advance 2 was developed, one of the biggest online Sonic Communities "Sonic 2 Beta EZboard" was at it's best state. It was all over the search engines, and a lot of general Sonic fans were browsing the forums since it weren't private in any way. I don't want to mention any names, but there was this member who was "very-very" popular. That memeber used Sonic Advance 1 sprites for own stories and arts.

Now when the Sonic Advance 3 endings have been leaked, there are demos that's almost identically to the stories and sprites sheets this mamber made. This is making a few of us very upset since the old member is a good friend.

I'm not going to allow this to happen. Sonic Team is stealing ideas from us and making money out of it. It's time we steal from them.

I've waited for this a long time now, and I have the right stuff to make them cry. Sonic Team made their biggest mistake yet. They're gonna pay for it.

And who are you?

Do you have ANY proof? Pictures, Video clips, Game footage? Anything?

(Remembers Yuji Uekawa frmo "Finally, the site is up" topic)

#7 User is offline Trigahd 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:22 PM

• I am your gahd!!
  • Project:Nothing worth mentioning
WTF? That is the most fuckingest thing I've ever heard. Sonic Team is gonna pay now!

Note: I know fuckingest isn't a word, but who cares.

#8 User is offline Yuji Naka 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:53 PM

Guys, please don't get so worked up...stay calm. We shall explain furthermore later.

#9 User is offline PinkRose324 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:55 PM

• *HIC* The Drunken Member *HIC*
wtf? NOT AGAIN!

This is not real.

#10 User is offline Yuji Naka 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:58 PM

Oh, and what if it is real?

The Sonic Advanced 3 ending screens have indeed been leaked. This upsets me alot. But this also means that a playable version of the game (ROM) has also been leaked in order to obtain these screenshots!

I am very angry.

#11 User is offline Sz 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 05:02 PM

Sonic characters are the property of Sega. Therefore, when you create a Sonic related idea, it isn't illegal ... but by making it public, you really shouldn't get mad at the game developer for using it. It's their character.

Second, this is hardly the first time this has happened... Shadow bears some striking similarities to a very old fan character I recall...

#12 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 05:39 PM

For the record, I'm not the one using the Yuji Naka account like I was the last time. I think it's Fiz, but I can't see Fiz's IP to check.

#13 User is offline LOst 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:14 PM

Sz, on Mar 20 2004, 01:02 AM, said:

Sonic characters are the property of Sega.

Fuck no. There is no legal documents saying that the Sonic characters are property of Sega or Sonic Team.

#14 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:16 PM

Standard copyright laws. The Sonic character officially belongs to Yasahara, since he came up with the original concept.

#15 User is offline LOst 

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:17 PM

Quick Man, on Mar 20 2004, 02:16 AM, said:

Standard copyright laws. The Sonic character officially belongs to Yasahara, since he came up with the original concept.

The game is copyrighted. Not the characters. Well not copyrighted alone. You're not allowed to copy the game without permission. So what? I'm not allowed to copy my school book either, not that I want to.

As for Sonic Team stealing other ideas is not allowed as long as they haven't showed up on their site.

They're thieves
This post has been edited by LOst: 19 March 2004 - 06:46 PM

• 4 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users