Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 68 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread Mighty and Ray Are Back In Town

#511 User is offline 360 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Yeah place me firmly in the camp that thinks Stealth worked on Sonic Mania Plus and there was no fallout for his previous actions that would have resulted in his removal from the project i.e. him and Sega are more than likely still on amicable terms and he's still part of Team Mania. My best guess is that he's doing his own thing now because quite simply the game's done.

Also on a somewhat related note, anyone have a link to his comments on the DRM situation? Honestly had no idea he was vehemently against it and seems to have spoken so.

#512 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View Post360, on 13 April 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Yeah place me firmly in the camp that thinks Stealth worked on Sonic Mania Plus and there was no fallout for his previous actions that would have resulted in his removal from the project i.e. him and Sega are more than likely still on amicable terms and he's still part of Team Mania. My best guess is that he's doing his own thing now because quite simply the game's done.

Also on a somewhat related note, anyone have a link to his comments on the DRM situation? Honestly had no idea he was vehemently against it and seems to have spoken so.

The comments you're asking about were deleted. They were posted on Steam.

My previous comment wasn't suggesting that he was never involved, just that he potentially ended his involvement early. The game could be done as you theorize, but the lack of activity from other team members yet and the fact that Sega hasn't shown a single screenshot yet is interesting.

#513 User is offline 360 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View Postsonicblur, on 13 April 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

The comments you're asking about were deleted. They were posted on Steam.

My previous comment wasn't suggesting that he was never involved, just that he potentially ended his involvement early. The game could be done as you theorize, but the lack of activity from other team members yet and the fact that Sega hasn't shown a single screenshot yet is interesting.

Ah okay - yeah I catch your drift now. I really respect Stealth and hold him in high regard so I do hope everything is cool with him and Sega. There is something mysterious about this so hopefully here at Retro we can solve what's going on. I'm quite confident the game might be done but yeah they would have shown off the game by now via a trailer or screens if the game was close on the horizon.
This post has been edited by 360: 13 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

#514 User is offline HedgeHayes 

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

• With a foot on the future, the other one on the past, and the present at hand.
  • Project:Too many of them
What if not the game, but just his share of the job is done, at least for now? He could have some spare time for his own projects while the team does some other things. I know this may sound weird since he's been part of the core team, but, if all that remains is something he's not in charg of, he could still leading the project while using his programming skills for his own purposes. Just saying.

#515 User is offline Laura 

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:09 PM

• Brightened Eyes
Stealth still talks to the other Mania Team members on Twitter and he's taken a picture of himself with the group (albeit he's the one taking the picture). That wouldn't make sense if he was in serious trouble.

#516 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21
A lot of Mania contributors (Brad, Hunter, Midio) have posted that they're looking for work, so I think it's simply safe to say Mania Plus is wrapping up.
This post has been edited by Sparks: 14 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

#517 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!

View PostSparks, on 14 April 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

A lot of Mania contributors (Brad, Hunter, Midio) have posted that they're looking for work, so I think it's simply safe to say Mania Plus is wrapping up.

Yeah, that's true. They've said on twitter they're looking for work.

I'd imagine Mania Plus wouldn't have taken as long as the original did to develop (about a year or so). Perhaps MP has been in development for about half that time (about six months).

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long until MP releases.
This post has been edited by OcelotBot: 14 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

#518 User is offline Rubberduckycooly 

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

If mania plus is nearly done, then i wonder why hasn't Sega mentioned a release date? (or at least a smaller release window)
This post has been edited by Rubberduckycooly: 14 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

#519 User is offline Flygon 

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

• Dem Melons
  • Project:SMS RPG script
  • Wiki edits:10
QA testing, marketing.
This post has been edited by Flygon: 14 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

#520 User is offline big smile 

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:44 AM

Why doesn't Sega hire the Mania team to bring the remastered games to new platforms, especially as 2D games seem to be a big seller on Switch. They could bring CD, 1 & 2 over with extended 2P options and Knuckles in CD. Or they could have the remaster other Sonic games.

Sega is getting M2 to bring Sonic to Switch. M2 do great work, but it seems a waste of their efforts, when the Mania team could do so much more with Retro engine.

#521 User is offline Yash 

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

• CHOCOLATE!
  • Wiki edits:1

View Postbig smile, on 15 April 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

Why doesn't Sega hire the Mania team to bring the remastered games to new platforms, especially as 2D games seem to be a big seller on Switch. They could bring CD, 1 & 2 over with extended 2P options and Knuckles in CD. Or they could have the remaster other Sonic games.

Sega is getting M2 to bring Sonic to Switch. M2 do great work, but it seems a waste of their efforts, when the Mania team could do so much more with Retro engine.

Not to beat a dead horse either, but 3 still needs a remaster. Have Tee Lopes write new music to replace the problematic tracks if they really need to.

I would looove a new Sonic Jam-esque collection with the Taxman remasters of 1-3 and CD. Throw some "definitive" versions of Spinball, 3D Blast and Chaotix in there and I think you'd have a pretty appealing package, what something like Mega Collection should have been.

#522 User is offline big smile 

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

So apparently Mania Plus was updated on PS4 (by accident?). Hopefully the Retro mods will consider making a spoiler free thread like last time. :)

#523 User is offline Dissent 

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

It seems the patch went out to some PS4 users. There are leaks everywhere. There are some big changes here, spoilerly stuff and glitch fixes. I'm not linking the info/pics, but some people are streaming it on Twitch...

#524 User is offline Spunodi 

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

Version 1.4 just updated on PS4. Does anyone know what's updated?

#525 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostSpunodi, on 17 April 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Version 1.4 just updated on PS4. Does anyone know what's updated?

Someone fucked up and put Mania Plus content in the patch.

• 68 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users