Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Castlevania Bloodlines hacking/stuff - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Castlevania Bloodlines hacking/stuff Leftover Beta graphics, and other oddities

#16 User is online Shoemanbundy 

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

• Project:selling shoes
  • Wiki edits:1
Yeah, he put a ridiculous price on it. I think that completely unreleased Resident Evil for GBC had a ROM fundraiser for $2000 total? And again that was an unreleased game. This Bloodlines proto might be the most expensive ROM purchased so far.

He did offer me a very early Aladdin proto with completely different levels and gameplay for $500 though. Not too bad. He also has some Rocket Knight and Sparkster protos I'm waiting to hear back about.

#17 User is offline Mistergambit 

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

• Unholy Kaioshin
  • Project:Luigi's Mansion - Beta Rebirth, Castlevania Bloodlines shit. a bagel
  • Wiki edits:48

View PostShoemanbundy, on 01 February 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

Yeah, he put a ridiculous price on it. I think that completely unreleased Resident Evil for GBC had a ROM fundraiser for $2000 total? And again that was an unreleased game. This Bloodlines proto might be the most expensive ROM purchased so far.

He did offer me a very early Aladdin proto with completely different levels and gameplay for $500 though. Not too bad. He also has some Rocket Knight and Sparkster protos I'm waiting to hear back about.

Sparkster? Which one? SNES? or Genesis, I'm interested in the latter. Also did he say anything about RKA1, how early is it?

#18 User is online Shoemanbundy 

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm still trying to figure out, he's horrible at ever responding despite signing on and probably having seen I msged him twice by now :x Even emailed him. Honestly surprised the French guy was ever able to make that deal for the Castlevania proto.

Sparkster is Genesis. I'm hoping the RKA one is the same one I heard Pachuka had years ago that was early and ended up being sold on Assembler. I'll definitely post again if anything ever comes of these since I've had both these games on my proto want list for awhile.

He also has a very early Mickey Mania that he says is very different. Can't seem to dump it, though. Nice thing about him though is he's only looking to sell the ROMs, so I don't think anyone's gonna be buying the carts off him and hoarding them away anytime soon. I hope... :P

#19 User is offline Mistergambit 

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

• Unholy Kaioshin

View PostShoemanbundy, on 01 February 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

I'm still trying to figure out, he's horrible at ever responding despite signing on and probably having seen I msged him twice by now :x Even emailed him. Honestly surprised the French guy was ever able to make that deal for the Castlevania proto.

Sparkster is Genesis. I'm hoping the RKA one is the same one I heard Pachuka had years ago that was early and ended up being sold on Assembler. I'll definitely post again if anything ever comes of these since I've had both these games on my proto want list for awhile.

He also has a very early Mickey Mania that he says is very different. Can't seem to dump it, though. Nice thing about him though is he's only looking to sell the ROMs, so I don't think anyone's gonna be buying the carts off him and hoarding them away anytime soon. I hope... :P

I'm wondering if it's the one with the different first boss design. I'd been dying to see a Rocket Knight proto out in the open. Or at least the Sparkster proto with the different title music.

#20 User is online Shoemanbundy 

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

I'm hoping the RKA one has more than just a different first boss. I've noticed all early previews I've seen don't ever go past the first stage so there's no telling what more there could be.

Besides the titlescreen Sparkster had lots of graphical differences. I used to run a Japanese blog where I posted about protos and made an entry for it once. Maybe some of the shots will be neat if you haven't seen them before.

http://protos.at.web.../article_8.html

Got abandoned like many projects do.

#21 User is offline Mistergambit 

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

• Unholy Kaioshin

View PostShoemanbundy, on 01 February 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

I'm hoping the RKA one has more than just a different first boss. I've noticed all early previews I've seen don't ever go past the first stage so there's no telling what more there could be.

Besides the titlescreen Sparkster had lots of graphical differences. I used to run a Japanese blog where I posted about protos and made an entry for it once. Maybe some of the shots will be neat if you haven't seen them before.

http://protos.at.web.../article_8.html

Got abandoned like many projects do.

Usually a lack of screenshots of a stage means there's major changes afoot or differences. that's probably why there weren't any screens of Stage 3 or 4 of Bloodlines up until late in development, because we all know how different that stage was according to things..

I know one OLD BG still exists (Stage 1-2) in the final rom of RKA2, I did recall finding parts of it. but was never arsed to fully put it together since it was hard as hell and I had a migraine after trying. I may try again though.
This post has been edited by Mistergambit: 01 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users