Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 67 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! ALERT: contains UNMARKED SPOILERS. Beware of spoilers! (Spoilers)

#871 User is offline Effexor 

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

• JUSTICE
  • Wiki edits:36
So while I've enjoyed most everything about all the new stuff Plus added, I'm not really that much of a fan of the Metal Sonic Kai fight, and I think I know why. My main problem is that, if you hit him from the left, you're pretty much doomed to fall in the pit. I think it's because that, unlike other bosses that force you to move in one direction like MHZ2, the Death Egg Robot in GHZ1 and the other Death Egg Robot in DEZ2, you don't get launched to the direction of safety. If they can patch that in somehow, I think the fight would be better off for it.

As far as the stuff I liked, the new Mirage Saloon act 1 for Encore Mode is great and Ray's an absolute blast to play as. The special stages are also pretty challenging and I like the addition of new level transitions. Can't wait for new level mods that can let us take advantage of Mighty and Ray's abilities!

#872 User is offline Rlan 

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:39 PM

Been enough time now. So... what's with that Encore Mode ending?

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Rlan: 22 July 2018 - 10:41 PM

#873 User is offline BouncekDeLemos 

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:40 PM

I'm loving Mania Plus as well. I've got it on Switch and PS4, and I'm playing the PS4 version at the moment.

Funny thing about the cheats running on save files, the save file I already had established with Knuckles on the regular Sonic Mania still wont activate the cheats. Don't know if it's because it's an old Sonic Mania file or cheats won't work if you start the save file without them? (I'm about half way though with Knuckles on the old save file.)

I've also noticed other small idiosyncrasies within the game. Some areas have been patched and fixed up a bit, and even some enemies like Splats from PGZ, which is a bit more difficult to cheese and try and get extra lives out of.

#874 User is offline ApocalypticSalad 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:01 AM

A couple of fun videos regarding the new pinball bonus stage:
https://www.youtube....h?v=-1aMkKvgZ4A
https://www.youtube....h?v=2CjbBxNMXUA
I ended up falling straight through a flipper, too.

#875 User is offline Hitlersaurus Christ 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:16 AM

• @gayanimedad
  • Project:Snoic Generatons 2017
In order for Classic Sonic to return to his world in Forces, they had to destroy the Phantom Ruby. So... why does the ruby fly out of the portal with him?

#876 User is offline HP Zoner 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:26 AM

• Project:Crash Mania
What is this "Forces" thing you speak of?
(Seriously though, I get the feeling the beginning of Encore Mode encourages you to ignore Forces if you so desire. I know I do!)

#877 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:15 AM

• Wiki edits:6
Actually, that's a good point. Encore Mode follows on perfectly from the Egg Reverie ending without the ambiguity and confusing plot points of Forces every coming into the equation (like what the Ruby is and where it even came from).

Sod Forces.

#878 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:49 AM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
So, I was watching the credits on the PC version, and the screen became darker all of a sudden, until I pressed a button. Is it some kind of sleep mode ? That wasn't in the original release, right ?

#879 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN

View PostBlue Blood, on 23 July 2018 - 04:15 AM, said:

Actually, that's a good point. Encore Mode follows on perfectly from the Egg Reverie ending without the ambiguity and confusing plot points of Forces every coming into the equation (like what the Ruby is and where it even came from).

Sod Forces.

This is kind of what I was hoping, but it looks like the Story in the digital manual wants to make absolute sure that you haven't forgotten Forces.

Thankfully 'Forces 2: Shorter Levels Edition' will explain why the Ruby is still in Encore Mode, don't you worry :v:

#880 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostSir_mihael, on 23 July 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostBlue Blood, on 23 July 2018 - 04:15 AM, said:

Sod Forces.

This is kind of what I was hoping, but it looks like the Story in the digital manual wants to make absolute sure that you haven't forgotten Forces.

Eh, well much like how Sonic the Fighters can be considered the conclusion to Sonic 4, we can say that Encore mode takes place right after Mania mode :v:

Forces didn't happen. It was a fever dream Sonic had after eating some bad chili dogs.

#881 User is offline CollectiveWater 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

Very minor thing but I just found out Mighty can kill the Beanstalk enemy in Stardust Speedway Act 1 with his ground pound. Is there any way to kill that enemy aside from that--can you with the bubble shield downward bounce attack or fire shield sideways attack? Honestly don't think I've ever tried to attack them; just assumed they were invulnerable to any and all attacks.

Anyway, cool that Mighty can defeat them with his ground pound.

#882 User is offline Axanery 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

• Project:Various Sonic Mania Mods

View PostSuperSnoopy, on 23 July 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

So, I was watching the credits on the PC version, and the screen became darker all of a sudden, until I pressed a button. Is it some kind of sleep mode ? That wasn't in the original release, right ?

Yeah, I think it goes dark sometimes after being idle for a bit. The game also doesn't actually freeze when you click away, it just stops rendering more until you click again.

#883 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:13 PM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw

View PostCollectiveWater, on 23 July 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Very minor thing but I just found out Mighty can kill the Beanstalk enemy in Stardust Speedway Act 1 with his ground pound. Is there any way to kill that enemy aside from that--can you with the bubble shield downward bounce attack or fire shield sideways attack? Honestly don't think I've ever tried to attack them; just assumed they were invulnerable to any and all attacks.

You can destroy them if you attack them from below, but there's not a lot of platforms that allow you to do that.
From my own experience, Mighty completely destroy Stardust Speedway (and Press Garden), he's so much fun to play :v:

#884 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

Playing with most of those cheats on I found you can actually make characters other than Sonic do the super peel out move....sometimes. They just play their fastest run animation when doing it but worked for every character so long as you had forced encore and max moves on.

#885 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

• Regular garden-variety user

View PostGagaMan, on 23 July 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Playing with most of those cheats on I found you can actually make characters other than Sonic do the super peel out move....sometimes. They just play their fastest run animation when doing it but worked for every character so long as you had forced encore and max moves on.

The other condition is that each character must have been Sonic at some point to use the peel out.

• 67 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users