Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: My own try at translating "The Truth of 50 Years Ago" - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

My own try at translating "The Truth of 50 Years Ago"

#31 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

• Project:Atomic Sonic Part II

View PostTrunks, on 04 November 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I'd be happy to do a bunch of disassembly and scanning for other JP releases if anyone wants to pitch in for buying 'em.

Do you have a list of what you can get? An estimated total? I can toss in several pennies.

#32 User is offline Windii 

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

• tf you're looking at keep scrolling
  • Project:Fanvids!

View Postfferson, on 17 November 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

I actually got into a fight with some people over this theory and they wouldn't take my evidence so I asked the writer of sa2 himself https://mobile.twitt...341136655822848

I said. hi there I'm an American. I have a question. in sa2 was Sonic the real roject shadow. was shadow born on Earth after Maria died. was Sonic the one that Gerald created on the space ark? these things are implied but never said in the story.

he responded hello! Hello! Thank you for imagining various things. I am frequently asked about SA2s story but I answer like this. "Believe that you want to believe." I wrote that story so that it could be thought of as anything. There is no definite answer.

That's awesome. I tried asking him about Sonic being the ultimate life form in SA2 a few years ago but couldn't bring myself to do it. It's good that he is still willing to answer Sonic stuff.

View PostOKei, on 18 November 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

I've got nothing particularly unique to say than a special thanks, Windii! Would you be interested in some Sonic 3D Blast Saturn material from a Japanese magazine from 1999 that appears to feature an interview with one of the Japanese developers behind the game?

Sure. As long as the scans are big enough for me to see the kanji, of course. :]

#33 User is offline fferson 

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostJaxTH, on 17 November 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

So what was your end goal with that question?

to win the argument... but I guess we tied.

#34 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
Good job with the video uploads Windii, watching the Shadow the hedgehog vids it's surprising how much the tone changes between the English and Japan versions.

#35 User is offline OKei 

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

• OKeijiDragon
  • Project:YouTube
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostPengi, on 18 November 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

I think we'd all be interested in that! //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

View Postbig smile, on 18 November 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

Please share. //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Sonic Team had a big involvement in Sonic 3D Saturn as they did the special stages, so it would be nice to learn more.

View PostWindii, on 18 November 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

Sure. As long as the scans are big enough for me to see the kanji, of course. :]
You're all in luck then. I've found the original scans and they're in this thread on Retro: http://forums.sonicr...showtopic=32052

#36 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostOKei, on 28 November 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

How big are these scans? The full issue is 1,606 × 2,000 on Sega Retro.
This post has been edited by JaxTH: 28 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

#37 User is offline Windii 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:29 AM

• tf you're looking at keep scrolling
  • Project:Fanvids!
I took a look at the scans. That person seems to be Tadashi Takezaki, the SEGA executive. His blurb is not very interesting though, just that the poly Sonic that appears in the Special Stages was apparently made at the same time as the Christmas Nights's Sonic, apparently? He's not one of the devs, unfortunately.
This post has been edited by Windii: 29 November 2017 - 02:32 AM

#38 User is offline OKei 

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:14 AM

• OKeijiDragon
  • Project:YouTube
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostWindii, on 29 November 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

I took a look at the scans. That person seems to be Tadashi Takezaki, the SEGA executive. His blurb is not very interesting though, just that the poly Sonic that appears in the Special Stages was apparently made at the same time as the Christmas Nights's Sonic, apparently? He's not one of the devs, unfortunately.

Aww, bummer. Sorry its not too interesting then.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users