Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 1 prototype Video (FAKE) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 26 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 1 prototype Video (FAKE) This one had some of us going for awhile....

#376 User is offline tokumaru 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

• Project:Platformer for the NES
I'm just glad we have people that have not given up on finding a Sonic 1 proto. I wouldn't know where to begin such a hunt, so I'm glad we have people who know what they're doing taking care of it. Ever since I discovered this page (S2BETA!), there's nothing I wish more than seeing a Sonic 1 prototype. Seeing other possibilities for the franchise, how different the first few games could have been like... I'm fascinated by this idea.

These videos in particular didn't impress me much... One of the reasons I thought they were fake was the complete absence of anything new. Absolutely everything in them was already known from screenshots or interviews, and this really made them scream out "recreation!". If we ever found anything this early, chances are there would be something, no matter how small, that wasn't documented before.

#377 User is offline Cinossu 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474

View Postcorneliab, on 11 February 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Who is "we"?
we/wē/
Pronoun:

1. Used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people considered together: "shall we have a drink?".
2. Used to refer to the speaker together with other people regarded in the same category: "we teachers".

Hey look, I can be a dick too!

This thing was slapdash at best and most people weren't giving him the benefit of the doubt. Combined with his hopelessly oblivious and persistently unhelpful persona, it's a wonder that a select few were sticking up for him to begin with.
Excuse me? You posted once previous in this thread, and that was in reply to me with a completely unhelpful comment about the topic having "been shit from the start". Also, "persistently unhelpful persona" is a bit of a stretch, especially when there's a damn language barrier (I know there wasn't, it was faked, but you get my point that it can and does happen, a lot).

Also, it's funny how this thread didn't just get trashed. In the general Sonic forum, this thing belonged for a few pages back when it was just a funny little recent oddity. As a fangame, it doesn't merit much discussion beyond it having shitty physics, inaccurately replicated art, and next to no content. Gee, how interesting!
Hey, guess what? You see the X button at the top of your browser? You don't have to read a topic if you don't like it! What a concept, eh?

When all you have to a post is a complaint that's already been reiterated a thousand times, not only by yourself at least once but everyone else, then your post just becomes a "+1 ego". Enough of it.

#378 User is offline corneliab 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

• Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES?
  • Project:Zero Mortals
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostCinossu, on 12 February 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

a whole bunch of whining

It's funny how only a couple of lines in there are actually responding to my points, while the rest of it is basically just you being a smartass and resorting to "if you don't like it you don't have to read it." How the fuck does that even make sense. I'm responding because I don't like it- it's a goddamn discussion.

So yeah, I stand by what I said. Based on the above I'm assuming that you can only agree with it.

Also, "persistently unhelpful persona" is a bit of a stretch, especially when there's a damn language barrier (I know there wasn't, it was faked, but you get my point that it can and does happen, a lot).

It's not a stretch, considering it's EXACTLY what I said. When combined with dodgy, limited footage that was becoming increasingly suspect, there really wasn't any good reason to continue humoring the guy and his incredibly convenient excuse. An excuse, might I add, was one that he wasn't even pulling off well. Kiddo Cabbusses already covered that.

#379 User is offline Travelsonic 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

View Postcorneliab, on 12 February 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

It's not a stretch, considering it's EXACTLY what I said. When combined with dodgy, limited footage that was becoming increasingly suspect, there really wasn't any good reason to continue humoring the guy and his incredibly convenient excuse.

None of which justifies, IMO, your musing over the thread not being binned sooner - until it was proven fake with definitive things like the confession/release of the fangame, which we had to badger the shit out of the video uploader to get, all we had was plenty of supporting evidence, and speculation. Declaring something to be X, without solid proof of it's truthfulness is ignorant - though we have enough EVIDENCE to say it is POSSIBLE, until we got that confession, we only had scant amount of theories, evidence from both sides - good AND bad - and arguing. Essentially, you were saying that the thread should have been binned purely because you thought so, and that's all the proof there needed to be [as oppose to those on both sides actually putting thought and reasoning into the validity or lack thereof, and DISCUSSING it.]

#380 User is offline Kiddo Cabbusses 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

• Wiki edits:100

View PostTravelsonic, on 14 February 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Until it was proven fake with definitive things like the confession/release of the fangame, which we had to badger the shit out of the video uploader to get, all we had was plenty of supporting evidence, and speculation.

STILL no respect for the techies, huh? Isn't "THIS CRAP COULDN'T ACTUALLY RUN ON OLD HARDWARE" or "THIS DOESN'T MATCH UP WITH HOW THE GAME IS PROGRAMMED AT ALL" definitive proof enough? Even if you don't agree with those, -blatantly contradicting known knowledge about the prototype- should've been the sinker.
Again, it sounds more to me like the actual, definitive proof was just ignored by the hopelessly hopefuls.

#381 User is offline Hez 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27
Quit beating a fucking dead horse. People here are retarded, even the admins and techies. Get over it and move on. We're all retarded.

#382 User is offline Chilly Willy 

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

• Project:Doom 32X

View PostHez, on 16 February 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Quit beating a fucking dead horse. People here are retarded, even the admins and techies. Get over it and move on. We're all retarded.

Hey! I'll have you know I'm an IDIOT, not retarded! :specialed:

In any case, I like the background layers. Very nice.

#383 User is offline Arique 

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

• How do I Sonic?
Oh hey, NEK0San posted a new video to his fangame:

That title screen recreation looks really cool. :v:

#384 User is offline Travelsonic 

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostKiddo Cabbusses, on 16 February 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostTravelsonic, on 14 February 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Until it was proven fake with definitive things like the confession/release of the fangame, which we had to badger the shit out of the video uploader to get, all we had was plenty of supporting evidence, and speculation.

STILL no respect for the techies, huh?

A differing opinion is not "disrespect" - get your foot out of your ass will you? We've disagreed with each other - we merely meaning people in the community - and we still respect the work we put into looking at this, thinking about the what ifs, and contacting the right people to find out more about our curiosities. We don't have to agree to be respectful of one another.

Anyways, the title screen, if one was present in the previous versions, would have given me major suspicions, since it didn't feature the inner ring extending down below the sonic the Hedgehog logo.

#385 User is offline H Hog 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

• The Ultimate Oswald!
  • Project:Sonic and the Rings of Order (Artwork)
  • Wiki edits:32
[Video]
Does that sign really say "Segasonic"? I thought that was a phrase coined within the fandom (possibly by AJ Freda when his site was named that way) to be able to differentiate between the Game and Comic/Cartoon canons. o_o

#386 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

• Wiki edits:5
I disagree that we didn't have enough evidence to fully prove this was fake to begin with. It's like having some naked woman standing there fully baring her body and clasping her birth certificate between her breasts, and us going "Yeah, we can't say definitely you're a chick until we take some DNA samples". I mean, really???

#387 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostH Hog, on 11 March 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

[Video]
Does that sign really say "Segasonic"? I thought that was a phrase coined within the fandom (possibly by AJ Freda when his site was named that way) to be able to differentiate between the Game and Comic/Cartoon canons. o_o

Posted Image
SegaSonic the Hedgehog

Term has been around longer than the community has. =P

#388 User is offline H Hog 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

• The Ultimate Oswald!
  • Project:Sonic and the Rings of Order (Artwork)
  • Wiki edits:32
...*facepalm* Doy. Completely forgot about that, haha.

• 26 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users