Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 67 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers! ALERT: contains UNMARKED SPOILERS. Beware of spoilers! (Spoilers)

#31 User is offline IndyCotton 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 19-October 15
Posted Image

Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


Gosh, this entire sequence had me laughing and then crying tears of joy all the same. God bless Tyson Hesse and Studio Yotta for making the return of Mighty and Ray so beautiful.

Maan, July will kill me with all the amazing games coming that time.

#32 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

  • Posts: 452
  • Joined: 06-August 17
  • Gender:Male
Hm, if the Famitsu scan is correct, it seems you can now switch characters on the fly. Nice. I've been waiting for that ability since Popful Mail (Kudos to anyone here that's played that one).

The bromance between Knuckles and Mighty was a nice touch. I guess classic Amy is locked up in an asylum/Robotnik trap somewhere.

#33 User is offline Neowl 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

  • feels good man
  • Posts: 865
  • Joined: 27-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England
  • Project:SAIL HATAN
I love how Sonic briefly looks at Tails before the handshake as if to say "Well, isn't THIS awkward.".

Roll on July!

#34 User is offline Shalpp 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

  • WHAT A HIT -- HE'LL REMEMBER THAT NUMBER
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 19-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:some sonic cd video for a channel that's not gonna kick off lmfao
Oh shit son, is that some fully playable Angel Island?

Whitehead and Stealth must still really be trying to get that Sonic 3 remake out with how much content from it has been jam packed into Mania.

#35 User is offline IndyCotton 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 19-October 15

View PostLaughingcow, on 25 April 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Hm, if the Famitsu scan is correct, it seems you can now switch characters on the fly. Nice. I've been waiting for that ability since Popful Mail (Kudos to anyone here that's played that one).

The bromance between Knuckles and Mighty was a nice touch. I guess classic Amy is locked up in an asylum/Robotnik trap somewhere.


Wonder how they'll compensate for the game difficulty itself if so - and if we can extend this concept on the main campaign itself. Hooey.

#36 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

  • Posts: 11700
  • Joined: 21-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostIndyCotton, on 25 April 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostLaughingcow, on 25 April 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Hm, if the Famitsu scan is correct, it seems you can now switch characters on the fly. Nice. I've been waiting for that ability since Popful Mail (Kudos to anyone here that's played that one).

The bromance between Knuckles and Mighty was a nice touch. I guess classic Amy is locked up in an asylum/Robotnik trap somewhere.


Wonder how they'll compensate for the game difficulty itself if so - and if we can extend this concept on the main campaign itself. Hooey.

Even if we can't I have to imagine such a feature would be easy for hackers to implement in the PC version only with more freedom. Actually someone already did something like this with the Sonic Tag Team mod but they abandoned that project. But with any team combo where you can switch back and forth? So many possibilities. Knuckles and Mighty, Tails and Ray, Sonic and Mighty, Knuckles and Tails, Sonic and Knuckles, Ray and Knuckles. Finally all my save slots can be unique.

Oh hey look at this:

Posted Image

Crush 40 played a part in this trailer apparently.

Also anyone notice how Mighty and Ray's super fast run animation is similar to their run animation from SegaSonic arcade? Nice touch.
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 25 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

#37 User is offline Felik 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

  • Posts: 1695
  • Joined: 11-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:1
The new trailer song. Full version


#38 User is offline Hanging Waters 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 01-September 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Hampshire
CHARACTER TAG TEAMS IS THE FEATURE I NEVER KNEW I WANTED.

IT'S OFFICIAL. FAVORITE SONIC GAME PERIOD.

#39 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:40 PM

  • Posts: 11700
  • Joined: 21-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostHanging Waters, on 25 April 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

CHARACTER TAG TEAMS IS THE FEATURE I NEVER KNEW I WANTED.

IT'S OFFICIAL. FAVORITE SONIC GAME PERIOD.

Honestly I'm with you there. Sonic Mania's lack of a complete feeling and me being spoiled by playing Sonic 3 Complete on consoles always held it back by the slightest bit, but now it's going to be finished and then some.

If ever a game was close to perfect for this would be it.

#40 User is offline HP Zoner 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

  • Posts: 154
  • Joined: 19-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:127.0.0.1
  • Project:Crash Mania
Character tag teams is a game changer. I've always wanted to play as Sonic + Knuckles, or Knuckles + Tails. With Ray and Mighty in the mix, things just got that much more diverse, and to think you'll be able to switch between them? I'm in Sonic heaven.

Gonna have to echo everyone's feelings towards the spectacular trailer. That ending shot is now one of my favorite frames of animation in the franchise.

It feels like I'm discovering lock-on all over again.

#41 User is offline IndyCotton 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 19-October 15
So according to a translation on Mighty's and Ray's abilities on Tumblr:

Quote

For the record, Mighty's unique ability in Mania Plus is named “Hammer Drop”. Whilst you need to use the D-pad to make Ray catch the air (After pressing the jump button twice of course) and hence glide further. This ability is aptly called “Air Glide”.


I kind of hope Mighty's ability isn't gonna be a letdown compared to Ray at the moment, since Ray's ability was more described here and sounds infinitely more fun. So far Mighty's sounds like hardly any different from regular Bubble Shield Bounce or Sonic's Stomp-move from Modern-games.
This post has been edited by IndyCotton: 25 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

#42 User is offline RikohZX 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:56 PM

  • Posts: 353
  • Joined: 18-March 17
  • Gender:Male
Now if only we could affirm a Max Control option for realsies to our saves.

#43 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

  • Posts: 452
  • Joined: 06-August 17
  • Gender:Male

View PostIndyCotton, on 25 April 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:


I kind of hope Mighty's ability isn't gonna be a letdown compared to Ray at the moment, since Ray's ability was more described here, and as far as I look on the trailer - so far I hardly see any difference from the regular Bubble Shield Bounce or Sonic's Stomp-move from Modern-games.

It can be used to destroy spikes. This was in the trailer at 1:18. I'm assuming he's invulnerable to enemies as well given he's an Armadillo.

#44 User is offline HP Zoner 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:05 PM

  • Posts: 154
  • Joined: 19-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:127.0.0.1
  • Project:Crash Mania
Those were icicles, to be precise. Breaking regular spikes sounds a little overpowered, though I haven't seen anything so far that contradicts it either.
Either way, it does seem like it there's more to that Hammer Drop than meets the eye: https://twitter.com/...167727062335489

Quote

Mighty the Armadillo's special action is Hammer Drop - Press jump twice to instantly drop down. Can also be used to drop item boxes hidden in trees or even make a hole in certain terrains.


#45 User is offline IndyCotton 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 19-October 15

View PostHP Zoner, on 25 April 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Those were icicles, to be precise. Breaking regular spikes sounds a little overpowered, though I haven't seen anything so far that contradicts it either.
Either way, it does seem like it there's more to that Hammer Drop than meets the eye: https://twitter.com/...167727062335489

Quote

Mighty the Armadillo's special action is Hammer Drop - Press jump twice to instantly drop down. Can also be used to drop item boxes hidden in trees or even make a hole in certain terrains.



Neat! Dunno how many zones like that are out there with hidden boxes though. But hey, Mighty-only routes? Count me in!

  • 67 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users