Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch) Hacking & Resources

#121 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostRikohZX, on 07 January 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 07 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 02 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

(YouTube trailer incoming, until then have the GameBanana banner pic!)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FESlXkKQx9g

Edit: Oop! My bad, meant to edit the original post.
I've noticed that while the Avatar inherits Modern Sonic's physics for obvious reasons in Tag Team stages, Bird Avatars inherit his Double Jump changes in solo play. I think the Wire Attack might be faster too, since I played a Red SOS mission that forced me to use a barebones Burst-wielding Bird, but not sure. Wonder how much crosses over between the two?

considering i know that homing attack settings don't change some aspects of the wire attack, and i found the wire attack values (because it affects all uses including the swinging objects) yea, they're different. here's all the stuff i found that can be accessed in-game, each one of these entries corresponds to a RFL file, for example, gadget.rfl & gadget_topview.rfl are Wispon settings in 3D and 2D respectively. what i managed to do was find them all in memory so they can be changed and we can figure out what they are so changes can be made to the core files for permanent changes.

while I don't know I have a feeling whatever Buddy custom stuff they needed is here in buddy.rfl including wire attacks.

here is the scratch cheat table I made if you want to mess with these settings without editing the files. http://codenamegamma...cesRFL-full.zip

i did figure out the structure and managed to name about 75% of the wispon settings and that will be coming out in a new cheat table later sometime after this is posted. but that should help if you want to put names to what numbers are in those RFL files.

#122 User is offline CornflakeRush 

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

View Postcodenamegamma, on 08 January 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

View PostRikohZX, on 07 January 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 07 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostCornflakeRush, on 02 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

(YouTube trailer incoming, until then have the GameBanana banner pic!)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FESlXkKQx9g

Edit: Oop! My bad, meant to edit the original post.
I've noticed that while the Avatar inherits Modern Sonic's physics for obvious reasons in Tag Team stages, Bird Avatars inherit his Double Jump changes in solo play. I think the Wire Attack might be faster too, since I played a Red SOS mission that forced me to use a barebones Burst-wielding Bird, but not sure. Wonder how much crosses over between the two?

considering i know that homing attack settings don't change some aspects of the wire attack, and i found the wire attack values (because it affects all uses including the swinging objects) yea, they're different. here's all the stuff i found that can be accessed in-game, each one of these entries corresponds to a RFL file, for example, gadget.rfl & gadget_topview.rfl are Wispon settings in 3D and 2D respectively. what i managed to do was find them all in memory so they can be changed and we can figure out what they are so changes can be made to the core files for permanent changes.

while I don't know I have a feeling whatever Buddy custom stuff they needed is here in buddy.rfl including wire attacks.

here is the scratch cheat table I made if you want to mess with these settings without editing the files. http://codenamegamma...cesRFL-full.zip

i did figure out the structure and managed to name about 75% of the wispon settings and that will be coming out in a new cheat table later sometime after this is posted. but that should help if you want to put names to what numbers are in those RFL files.

Awesooome! Thanks Gamma! :D

#123 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

and r1.6 is out now. Wispon mods, it has the full memory structure so if you use each wispon you'll see that all the locations line up so they all should be in that gadget.rfl and you should be able to find what one is what exactly even if they don't match up by looking at what numbers are around the number you want to change and find your place.

This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 08 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

• 9 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users