Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: MJ/Sonic 3 question - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

MJ/Sonic 3 question Atcha-ooo!

#76 User is offline Shade 

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:50 AM

• Wiki edits:137

View PostGamerguy, on Jan 5 2007, 09:31 PM, said:

I just obtained the entire Michael Jackson discography, and I'll be listening over the next couple of days to see if I can find any similarities. Awesome finds in this topic.

You won't be finding much of anything.

1) I've heard every song he's done about 1,000 times.

2) Looking for them usually results in really stupid results. You just kind of happen across them; that way, they'll pop out at you because they really do sound similar.

EDIT: But don't let that stop you from enjoying the work of one of the world's greatest artists :(
This post has been edited by Shade: 06 January 2007 - 12:52 AM

#77 User is offline James Prower 

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

The only song I really could think that Sounded "MJ Esque" to me was the Mini Boss Theme from Sonic 3. What with the Drums and the voice shouting "Come On!".

As it has been Stated already, A LOT of Songs in this world sound similer to one another. Just because one peice sounds Similer to a Beat or a peice of Melody, or even a perticuler Key Note matches that of another song, Doesn't nesciserily mean It's Ripping-Off/Copying Said Song...

#78 User is offline Puto 

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

• Shin'ichi Kudō, detective.
  • Project:Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  • Wiki edits:51
Fix your capitalization plz.

#79 User is offline Dioxaz 

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

• Project:Sonic Rush No Vocal
Something new from TailS_tff. I'd prefer he'd have posted the info himself, but as he can't have the time registering, etc. I'll do it for him (to his request) for the moment.

TailS_tff has been in contact with Sirocco. "The Water" was not a name for the Hydrocity theme, it was the name for the project leaded by Brad Buxer and who worked in the Cliff Hanger recording studios for Sonic 3.

He also had confirmation that Jun Senoue composed themes for all competition levels (and possibly the stage clear fanfare).

#80 User is offline Dioxaz 

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

Just to point out a thing: I hate double-posting. But I have no choice here, since I cannot edit the previous post in any way.

Oops, TailS_tff made a mistake about Senoue. He only made Special Stage themes according to him. He also mentions the track Rings And Diamond Land being actually included into Senoue's discography (sorry if this is already known).

#81 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostDioxaz, on May 27 2007, 11:31 AM, said:

Oops, TailS_tff made a mistake about Senoue. He only made Special Stage themes according to him. He also mentions the track Rings And Diamond Land being actually included into Senoue's discography (sorry if this is already known).

Well... According to Sonic 3D:

?? Sonic 3 Bonus Stage
Song by J.Seno. ? Arrange by J.Seno.

16 Game Over
17 Congratulations
18 Level Clear
Song by J.Seno. ? Arrange by J.Seno.

#82 User is offline Dioxaz 

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

lol, forgot that (and I knew about it). So, there's no more doubt possible with Jun Senoue and these tracks.

#83 User is offline FSX 

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:00 AM

Even though this is obviously a coincidence, the bassline from Mystic Cave Versus sounds nearly identical to Thriller's.

Just a interesting blurb to tack on...

#84 User is offline Bowser 

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:37 AM

• Project:Music, Art, Photography, etc
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostFlameshadowxeroshin, on Aug 10 2007, 06:00 AM, said:

Even though this is obviously a coincidence, the bassline from Mystic Cave Versus sounds nearly identical to Thriller's.

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm listening to my Thriller Record, and yeah, I believe it's just a meere coincidence..

I actually thought a certain part of the Sonic 2 Final Boss song had a piece in it oddly resembling a part In Aerosmith's Dream On.. I know this too is probably just a meere coincidence, but I found it rather neat.

I made a quick-mix Comparison of showing what I mean.

Aerosmith's Dream On and Sonic 2's Final Boss mini comparison

And a minor possibility of where Launch Base could have originated from whatever Michael Jackson song there is (You know, since alot of people can't totally find many similarities) - Again, this is just a guess, but if like people say that Ice Cap's song is a slowed down version of an MJ Song, could it be possible that if you reverse Launch Base, you'll hear something otherwise? Again, I'm just guess, and I really don't know many MJ songs (I just have 2 of his albums, and they're both Records; "Thriller", and "Michael Jackson + Paul McCartney - Say Say Say LP"). Here's Launch Base reversed just incase it might be true -

Again, I don't know, so I'm just throwing it out there. LBz reversed.
This post has been edited by Bowser: 10 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

#85 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:07 AM

• Wiki edits:18
Also, if you divide the total number of drums in IceCap's music by its level number, you get the times MJ says the word "it" in "Who is it".

:shocked:

#86 User is offline Puto 

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:09 AM

• Shin'ichi Kudō, detective.
  • Project:Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  • Wiki edits:51
lol what?

#87 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

View PostFlameshadowxeroshin, on Aug 10 2007, 08:00 AM, said:

It actually really, really isn't. Really.

Bowser said:

words

No.

#88 User is offline FSX 

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, maybe not interesting. Just a blurb, then.

#89 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
QUOTE (Tweaker @ Aug 10 2007, 04:47 PM) [post="168993"]Posted Image

It's people trying to find these vague links that undermines the whole MJ/Sonic 3 link. Roger Hector told us Michael was supposed to work on Sonic 3. MJ's "crew" are in the Sonic 3 credits. Trying to find links with anything else is just pointless, because most of the time it really isn't that interesting.

• 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users