Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Chris Senn Presents.... (56k warning) 06/02 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 14 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Chris Senn Presents.... (56k warning) 06/02 Sonic Xtreme Designs - DEATH EGG!!!

#31 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:36 AM

ICEknight, on Jan 1 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

Knuckles Prower, on Jan 1 2006, 07:05 PM, said:

Shade, on Jan 1 2006, 03:01 PM, said:

Also, I am not at all against HXC becoming a techie, and I'd be exceedingly happy for him. But I'm thinking, is conducting a few interviews and unearthing some art really at all technical? But then you must condsider how many answers these interviews and art peices have provided.

Hence why there should be a seperate 'Researcher' class with the same forum access as Tech Members, to avoid these dilemmas on whether proper researchers should be promoted to "Techie".

...Or just rename "Tech Member" to something more general, as sometimes the promoted person has done both tech and other kinds of research.

Well remember that it used to be Members +, which made them sound superior to others. I think it's best as is for the moment -- these trivial complicatons over a group name are uneeded.

#32 User is offline Shade 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

• Wiki edits:137

Tweaker, on Jan 1 2006, 10:36 PM, said:

ICEknight, on Jan 1 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

Knuckles Prower, on Jan 1 2006, 07:05 PM, said:

Shade, on Jan 1 2006, 03:01 PM, said:

Also, I am not at all against HXC becoming a techie, and I'd be exceedingly happy for him. But I'm thinking, is conducting a few interviews and unearthing some art really at all technical? But then you must condsider how many answers these interviews and art peices have provided.

Hence why there should be a seperate 'Researcher' class with the same forum access as Tech Members, to avoid these dilemmas on whether proper researchers should be promoted to "Techie".

...Or just rename "Tech Member" to something more general, as sometimes the promoted person has done both tech and other kinds of research.

Well remember that it used to be Members +, which made them sound superior to others. I think it's best as is for the moment -- these trivial complicatons over a group name are uneeded.

Agreed. If anyone has a problem with someone being a techie, regardless of what they did, then perhaps they need a little break from the place. After all, lol internet. Its just a title, with a little respect and recognition on the side. We are all pretty equal around here, and one big community either way. It shouldn't matter. Like Tweaker said, its not worth arguing about trivial things like that.

Congratulations HXC!

*goes to back on topic mode*

#33 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:48 AM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10

Rlan, on Jan 1 2006, 02:19 PM, said:

That clip certainly looks pretty cool, but a little TOO fluid. Is it just a completely CG video of what gameplay MIGHT be like? It sure doesn't look much like where Sonic X-Treme was going, and all of Tiaras movements joing together too perfectly to be a realtime demo.

Actually, it looks a lot like what could be one of the concepts considered on the journey. I can easily see myself stuffing a CD into my Saturn and seeing that. The Saturn is exceedingly good at sprites and sprite interactions, and I'm betting Xtreme tried to use that as much as possible.

#34 User is offline hxc 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:08 AM

• spotteddove
  • Wiki edits:2
Updated with the next thing Chris released.

#35 User is offline Yuski 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:18 AM

• Dragons, dragons everywhere!

Hey, I didnīt know Sonic X-Treme had a polygon 3D model.

what's is this? A Special or Bonus Stage?
This post has been edited by Yuski: 02 January 2006 - 06:24 AM

#36 User is offline hxc 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

• spotteddove
that's a demo video, not a game at all. Its showing off a concept to the higher ups :)

#37 User is offline Keith Hemari 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:34 AM

• Zen Gamer
  • Project:Soinc History Study
*raises an eyebrow*

Wasn't there.. a 3D model of sonic that was thought to somehow relate to Sonic Extreme? I think, if memory serves, it was found in a Saturn development kit.

Hmm.. looking at it, I'm not sure now if that model really fits what we see in that animation, but it was just a thought.

Looks neat.. Looks like that could have been a cool game XD

#38 User is offline hxc 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:38 AM

• spotteddove
That 3D model is used in Chris Coffins boss levels iirc

#39 User is offline Adamis 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:46 AM

• Gimme waffles!
  • Project:Lammy and "Fafnir"
  • Wiki edits:53
Interesting video...

HXC, do you know if Senn can show us some concept arts of Gazebo Boobowski? That'd be worthy too ^^

#40 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:48 AM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10

HXC, on Jan 2 2006, 02:38 PM, said:

That 3D model is used in Chris Coffins boss levels iirc

That page has been through the CulT spin machine. There's no evidence at all those 3D models were anything more than samples for developers to practice with.

(The same goes for the textures - RSAND probably is simply a descriptive term rather than referring to the level Red Sands.)

EDIT: Other criticisms to prove my initial point:

1) "Little to anyone's knowledge, and up until this point undiscovered, these 3D models were part of a stolen Sega Saturn devkit." It's not a devkit, it's a modelling program.

2) "Included were other rarities, such as a 3D model of wipeout and the sourcefiles to a Virtua Fighter 3 tech demo." There's a 3D model of some sort of futuristic motorbike/car. No source code of any description.

3) "A 3D or piece of one." OMG A 3D

4) "Xtreme's awful looking metal sonic" There is no evidence this has anything to do with Xtreme. It's just a Metal Sonic model.

5) "What the fuck? Sonic had a 3D model at one point? It would seem so. No further info is avalible at this time." At least this is more or less accurate - it's just a 3D model of Sonic someone made for the samples directory, probably to show off omg textures (the eyes and shoeband use them).
This post has been edited by Quick Man: 02 January 2006 - 09:51 AM

#41 User is offline Shakidna 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

• Rehash Rampage
  • Wiki edits:1
That Metal Sonic was most definately from Sonic X-Treme. It's been seen in videos.

#42 User is offline hxc 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:22 AM

• spotteddove
Quick Man, Senn made those RSAND textures.

Also the SSSDK as it was labled, that includes those models is also includes debugging tools for a connected Sega Saturn.

#43 User is offline Shade 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:51 PM

• Wiki edits:137
More awesome stuff HXC, great great work!

Just a random thought I thought I'd chip in: Am I the only one who thinks that had this game been released, It might not have actually been that great? I think it derives all of its attention from its mysteriousness. The game itself doesn't actually look all that amazing, and had it been released, I almost feel like we would've put it down there with Sonic 3D Blast or one of the other not-so-great Sonic's. Has anyone else ever thought about this? I mean, had it been released, we may have not cared about it at all and criticized it instead.

Anyway, back on topic, that's the first I've ever seen of that particular HUD (refering to the new update). Tails yelling warnings and praise at you almost reminds me of Sonic Spinball's little thingy. Or Sonic Rush...*insert turd rant about how they turned the game into Sonic Rush and Tiara into Blaze*.

Anywho, great stuff HXC. Have I ever told you you are fucking awesome?

EDIT: Credit to anyone else anywhere that had anything to do whatsoever with this eventual spring of information and materials.
This post has been edited by Shade: 02 January 2006 - 03:02 PM

#44 User is offline hxc 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:53 PM

• spotteddove
I should say this isn't all because of me, its because lots of people mailed Senn and he decided Xtreme should be free.

#45 User is online ICEknight 

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:04 PM

• Wiki edits:18
In fact, we've been bugging Chris about Sonic X-treme since many years ago. Nice to see he still has even more stuff to show.

• 14 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users