HXC, on Jan 2 2006, 02:38 PM, said:
That 3D model is used in Chris Coffins boss levels iirc
That page has been through the CulT spin machine. There's no evidence at all those 3D models were anything more than samples for developers to practice with.
(The same goes for the textures - RSAND probably is simply a descriptive term rather than referring to the level Red Sands.)
EDIT: Other criticisms to prove my initial point:
1) "Little to anyone's knowledge, and up until this point undiscovered, these 3D models were part of a stolen Sega Saturn devkit." It's not a devkit, it's a modelling program.
2) "Included were other rarities, such as a 3D model of wipeout and the sourcefiles to a Virtua Fighter 3 tech demo." There's a 3D model of some sort of futuristic motorbike/car. No source code of any description.
3) "A 3D or piece of one." OMG A 3D
4) "Xtreme's awful looking metal sonic" There is no evidence this has anything to do with Xtreme. It's just a Metal Sonic model.
5) "What the fuck? Sonic had a 3D model at one point? It would seem so. No further info is avalible at this time." At least this is more or less accurate - it's just a 3D model of Sonic someone made for the samples directory, probably to show off omg textures (the eyes and shoeband use them).
This post has been edited by Quick Man: 02 January 2006 - 09:51 AM