Ketsuban, on Jan 19 2005, 03:18 PM, said:
Configuring parameter space...
Translation, major point form:
1. Banpers (the wiggling hyperactive thingy) are thrown by the crab
are thrown by Mother Bubbler
3. There is a lost frog enemy (possibly this one
were kept. (Bee can throw fire logs
runs at Sonic and blows up.
To clarify that a little for you:
1. The design for 'Banper' seems to have evolved into the 'Sandcrab' design you show there (which is a precursor to the 'Crawl' enemy from the final). There is no second enemy name / description on that sheet, and the 'Sandcrab' sketches (waaay down the page underneath a partially erased 'neat' design for 'Banper') are portrayed as having the same effects as 'Banper'. I'd presume it's just an evolution of the design.
2. 'Bubblers' actually rise from the sparks thrown by 'Mother Bubbler', as previously detailed by Tom Payne and now as shown in these concept designs. Both are portrayed as being in the 'Chemical Factory Zone' setting, which seems to be the concept design for 'Chemical Plant'.
3. The 'Bee' was intended to have the ability to set the log bridges on fire, not to throw fire logs.
(Incidentally, ICEknight, some speculation here, but couldn't 'Fish 1' have possibly been the lost Fish enemy that was found in our prototype? It's an interesting thought, though one we most likely will never get an answer to...)
4. Yes. XD Though the concepts originally show it as rolling. Also interesting to note is that in the concepts they are shown as being in 'Hill Top'...
This post has been edited by Knuckles Prower: 19 January 2005 - 03:37 PM