Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 20 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

#286 User is online LordOfSquad 

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:34 AM

• Keep your eyes on the stars... You'll never be one!
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostLaughingcow, on 19 July 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

I suspect this is just Sega Forever under a different name hence the use of emulations (but why bother altering the Roms though).

Whatever, I'll just be optimistic and say their saving the Remasters for physical releases...Please.

Dude, nonononono. M2 is doing these Switch releases, they're the "Criterion Collection" of SEGA porting/emulation. The difference between their stuff and SEGA Forever's crummy turn-out is day and night. I wish the remasters were getting precedence too but this will still be a worthwhile rerelease in it's own way. I won't be buying Sonic myself (had enough of Sonic 1, thanks), but a few others from the collection are definitely on my shopping list.

#287 User is offline Vangar 

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

• Wiki edits:2
M2 Porting the games is the answer to why we aren't getting the better Taxman versions.

Sega of Japan is having their asses handed to them with their own game with Mania. I suppose they want to try and release something the fans will like.

#288 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:38 PM

• Wiki edits:4
I'm interested if the drop dash is part of the ROM and could be extracted and run on a normal emulator.

#289 User is offline Ch1pper 

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:33 AM

• Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less
  • Project:Life.
  • Wiki edits:40
I was playing TaxStealth Sonic 2 the other day and still found myself instinctively trying to Drop Dash on occasion. Neat to see M2 make use of it in an official hack.

#290 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:53 PM

Geez, why don't they tack on the boost and homing attack while they're at it...

#291 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:55 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
I mean I can think of worse ways for them to spend their time than put Sonic 1 Megamix on Switch ;)

#292 User is offline Codr 

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:22 PM

• Project:Huge secret ;)
Guys, don't know if this has been posted before but it's a bug that makes the Sega Forever update of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 virtually unplayable. Essentially whenever you hold down the jump button and then hold a directional input, then proceed to let go of the jump button, directional input is ignored even if you're still holding it. It's fixed by lifting your finger of the screen and touching it again. However it can occur again if you repeat the process. I have no clue if this is just on my phone (galaxy s9) but it still hasn't been fixed even after months of updating.

Another issue is the with Sonic CD (a bit off topic but still worth a mention). Some sounds are just corrupt, like the ring sound.

#293 User is offline Diablohead 

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

• Indie dev
  • Project:games
  • Wiki edits:16

View PostClownacy, on 20 July 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Geez, why don't they tack on the boost and homing attack while they're at it...

Drop Dash is far from the same thing as boosting, one is a mindless hold a button and be invincible doing so and the other requires a little prep and has a small pelanty for using it (being in a ball versus running on foot)

#294 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

You're assuming I'm comparing them. I'm listing other abilities that people like to shove into games that weren't made for them.
This post has been edited by Clownacy: 07 August 2018 - 11:54 PM

• 20 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users