Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 73 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread Mighty and Ray Are Back In Town

#1066 User is offline STHX 

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

• SEGAAAAAAAAA?!?
  • Project:Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  • Wiki edits:31

View PostCreature SH, on 08 January 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Wha-huh?!

Posted Image

I wouldn't put too much thought over this since all of the games I currently have installed on Steam had a "0 bytes" or 512 bytes update today. Probably some runtime update

#1067 User is offline Creature SH 

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

Oh, I see. Thanks!

#1068 User is offline Prototype 

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

I just wanna take a moment to express my fondness for the Hard-Boiled Heavies. The EggRobo design is pretty simple and slick, and it's easy to overlay themes like Shinobi, Magician, etc. over the top of it. But until the Mania team came up with it, I can't recall anybody ever doing anything like that. It's quite simple when you think about it, but it could open up a slew of new Heavies down the line. They don't need some huge grimdark backstory or anything like that, it's just simple pure unbridled fun in boss form.

I'd love for them to show up in spinoff games like racers.

I'd also want professionally made HBH figures on display along with a base EggRobo. Talk about your merchandising opportunities.
This post has been edited by Prototype: 19 January 2019 - 08:30 AM

#1069 User is offline Sid Starkiller 

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

View PostPrototype, on 19 January 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'd also want professionally made HBH figures on display along with a base EggRobo. Talk about your merchandising opportunities.

This, so much. I'd snap them up in a heartbeat.

#1070 User is online Pengi 

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

I'd be all over a line of Sonic Mania branded figurines, especially as a blind box set where they can mix in more obscure characters with the mainstays. Beyond the Hard-Boiled Heavies, there's also Ray, Mighty, Fang, Bark and Bean.

The hardcore fans would be all over it, and I think it would do well with the more casual "designer toy" collector, given the inherent retro appeal of Sonic Mania and the goodwill it's built.

#1071 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostPengi, on 19 January 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'd be all over a line of Sonic Mania branded figurines, especially as a blind box set where they can mix in more obscure characters with the mainstays. Beyond the Hard-Boiled Heavies, there's also Ray, Mighty, Fang, Bark and Bean.

The hardcore fans would be all over it, and I think it would do well with the more casual "designer toy" collector, given the inherent retro appeal of Sonic Mania and the goodwill it's built.

If we could have a 2 inch figure set like these (https://www.first4fi...collection.html) with Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, Bark, and the Heavy King I would die.

#1072 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

• Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash
Small reminder that Mania has recently bubbled back around the weekly Nintendo Switch eShops charts. Didn't show up last week, but was #12 in the Downloads-Only list two weeks ago, #17 on the same list the week prior.

Similarly, Mania Plus re-entered the weekly UK Top 40 sales charts at #36 two weeks ago. Last week, it dropped to the bottom of that list at #40 and also surfaced at #19 in their weekly Top 20 Nintendo Switch charts.

Relevant image spoilered below.

Spoiler

(As an aside, recent charts also point to 3D Sonic 2 and the Sega Ages version of Sonic 1 also doing decent business on their respective eShop platforms.)

#1073 User is online Laughingcow 

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

I wonder what all the other non-Classic Sonic camps have to say about this? Here we have proof positive that the older games and their philosophy are still financially viable. Will it inspire them to expect more out of their games or will they throw bitch fits like children who didn't get the Sonic they wanted?

A quickie search says they are just pretending the success doesn't exist. Sad.

#1074 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Eh let em whine. It took us this long to get the Sonic we wanted back let us enjoy our thing and they can enjoy theirs.

#1075 User is offline Jason 

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
Posted Image
Did anyone else get this update? If so, what did it do?
This post has been edited by Jason: 12 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

#1076 User is offline Thunder Bro 

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:34 AM

I'm not sure what the update was for, but I had 126 Steam games with 0 byte downloads the other day, I'm sure it's related to whatever brought that about. I highly doubt there were any updates to the games themselves.

#1077 User is offline big smile 

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:02 AM

I've searched around and not seen this posted in any other thread, but Christian Whitehead announced the formation of Evening Star a new studio which is made up of the Mania Team. They'll be making games using the Star Engine which is an evolution of the Retro Engine.

So I wonder if this means we will be seeing more 2D Sonic games from them. Or if it means that Sega has decided to move on from 2D Sonic and so the team have moved on to new pastures. Time will tell...

#1078 User is offline McAleeCh 

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:11 AM

• Wiki edits:27

View Postbig smile, on 13 February 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

I've searched around and not seen this posted in any other thread, but Christian Whitehead announced the formation of Evening Star a new studio which is made up of the Mania Team. They'll be making games using the Star Engine which is an evolution of the Retro Engine.

So I wonder if this means we will be seeing more 2D Sonic games from them. Or if it means that Sega has decided to move on from 2D Sonic and so the team have moved on to new pastures. Time will tell...
There's actually a separate thread about this news in the General Gaming subforum. Interested to see what comes out of this new studio (and whether or not they're secretly working with SEGA on an as-yet-unannounced sequel to Mania, haha!).

#1079 User is offline big smile 

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

Whoops! I thought something this big would already be discussed and had a good look through all the Sonic threads and Sega threads. I didn't think to check general gaming, which in hindsight would have been the most obvious place to look. >_<

#1080 User is offline 360 

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View Postbig smile, on 13 February 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Whoops! I thought something this big would already be discussed and had a good look through all the Sonic threads and Sega threads. I didn't think to check general gaming, which in hindsight would have been the most obvious place to look. >_<

Hey dude - yeah sorry I didn't have the heart to put it in General Sonic Discussion because that would infer the team was definitely working on Sonic so I didn't want to mislead anyone so thought it would be better and more appropriate for General Gaming - at least until we get news of what Evening Star are working on whether it be Sonic or an original IP.

Sorry for the confusion and glad you finally did find the thread.
This post has been edited by 360: 13 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

• 73 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users