Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 319 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces

#4771 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostRikohZX, on 21 October 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

to the first story trailer just being dubbed over with the English lines rather than being made with them in mind

This is always done with animu games so I'm not seeing a problem.

#4772 User is offline RikohZX 

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostJaxTH, on 21 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

to the first story trailer just being dubbed over with the English lines rather than being made with them in mind

I may of misphrased it, but it's more so the fact that it sounds a lot like they slapped the audio onto the trailer awkwardly compared to the Japanese trailer being made with its own dialogue in mind.

Besides, some devs like the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy teams under Square-Enix are known for making lip sync and treating each language with care, compared to Sega, Capcom and Bandai Namco often focusing on one language and everything else just sorta gets mushed on top.

#4773 User is offline juicitron 

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

• Project:Sonic Adventure Unlimited

View PostRikohZX, on 21 October 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

View PostJaxTH, on 21 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

I may of misphrased it, but it's more so the fact that it sounds a lot like they slapped the audio onto the trailer awkwardly compared to the Japanese trailer being made with its own dialogue in mind.

Besides, some devs like the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy teams under Square-Enix are known for making lip sync and treating each language with care, compared to Sega, Capcom and Bandai Namco often focusing on one language and everything else just sorta gets mushed on top.

I really feel this though, like there's a contrast in energy between the two versions of the trailer. The Japanese ver. sounds very energetic and confident, while the English ver seems almost like an afterthought. I always prefer the English voices too, so the execution seemed a bit awkward. Not really much they could have done I'm sure, and I bet the kids are eating it up anyway.

#4774 User is offline Casshern 

Posted 57 minutes ago

Sonic Forces drawing by Naoto Ohshima
https://twitter.com/...515539733315584

Cool that he did something like this for Mania and Forces.

• 319 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 1 anonymous users

1. Yandex