Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Forces Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 412 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Forces Thread

#6166 User is offline SoNick 

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

• Imageshack took down my old avatar after nearly a decade
  • Project:catching 'em all
  • Wiki edits:1,168
There's a lot of "IF this is true" and "IF this were the case" there. We're not big on speculation here, please try to stick to what is provable.

#6167 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted Today, 12:34 AM

None of that speculation is important or relevant.

The fact that it begins with the failure of Sonic Runners and Sonic Boom would %100 justify any budget reduction measures by Sega meaning Sonic Team should NOT have been thinking big anyway.

#6168 User is offline Casshern 

Posted Today, 12:37 AM

-We know Sonic games have not been selling well for a while.
-We know this game had a smaller team and some of the members don't have a lot of experience from the credits.
-We know how long the game was in development along with the engine from the Famitsu interview (especially the part of them putting the game together during the last year and the Switch hurdle) and the Sonic Channel journals.

The part about RoL/Runners affecting the budget of the brand is speculation on my part. And the pitch meeting story can be a lie, though I believe the member from SSMB because he is trustworthy. But the rest is not speculation.

The facts do point that the game did have a rocky development cycle.

#6169 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted Today, 07:48 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Hopefully Mania's success leaves Sega a little more optimistic about Sonic. This game might have been a mess but I bet Mania blew their expectations out of the water.

Doesn't look good for Sonic Team though that's for sure. They've been floundering since right after Generations. Lost World, Runners, and now this. How many more chances do we think they'll get?

Also anyone else think it's time to scrap the current physics engine? It seems like they've been picking apart and tweaking the same engine since Unleashed now, it's probably a mess. The Hedgehog Engine 2 seems fine at least.
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: Today, 07:52 AM

#6170 User is offline 360 

Posted Today, 05:38 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
For what's it worth I really appreciated your post Casshern. I had been checking Retro constantly last night hoping you'd post that insight and you ended up so, so much appreciated man.

To echo everyone else hopefully Mania's stellar reception and Forces' negative one re-defines Sonic moving forward. Sonic Mania 2 needs to be green-lit and 3D Sonic needs a complete re-think.
This post has been edited by 360: Today, 05:38 PM

• 412 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users