Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Retro-bit announce new/official Sega controllers - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Retro-bit announce new/official Sega controllers Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast

#31 User is offline Candescence 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

• Project:Construct stuff
Well, it's a USB controller. Surely they can stuff a bit more into the internals to provide extra compatibility while still allowing for modern features, it's not like they have to stick to the original specs, especially since the Dreamcast controller is, well, fairly big in terms of volume compared to other controllers.
This post has been edited by Candescence: 18 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

#32 User is offline itsstillthinking 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

• Project:Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 Dreamcast Website, Sega Saturn Netlink Voip
Remember all of this (outside of the USB controllers) is compatible with the real hardware. I.e the Bluetooth and regular controller

#33 User is offline Korou Tenshi 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:34 AM

• WELCOME TO THE MACHINE
  • Wiki edits:4
Considering how other bluetooth retro receivers work, it might be possible that some of these controllers might be interchangeable, e.g. Dreamcast receiver, Saturn pad.
The 8bitdo ones work like that, where you can even use PS3 controllers for SNES if you want - I can't see why this wouldn't be a possibility, technology wise besides the obvious lack of buttons.
It'd be a neat way of getting decent fightpads for the Dreamcast!

#34 User is offline ccateni 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

I want some new accessories for the genesis and other Sega consoles! Am i right boys?

#35 User is offline 360 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Sega Saturn pad + potential Sonic Mania 2 = Heaven. Also, that Dreamcast pad would be so, so amazing for Shenmue 3. As for the Megadrive pad, it'd be awesome just for re-playing the Classic Sonic games.

#36 User is offline Tets 

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

• one rude dude
Kind of late to the party, I hadn't noticed there were Bluetooth dongles to be made available as well. I'm a big fan of 8Bitdo since I first got my NES30 Pro. Lately I've been playing all my SNES games with a retro receiver and the new SF30 Pro, which feels exactly like a SNES controller with Dual Shock capability. Assuming the Retro-bit dongles work similarly with any Bluetooth-compatible controller, and I see no reason to assume they shouldn't, this is going to be fucking dope. I'm getting a Genesis/Megadrive BT dongle and a controller to go with it as soon as I possibly can. Hell, maybe I'll pick a set up for my Dreamcast too, that'll give me an excuse to fix up the internal VGA mod I botched years ago.

#37 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

• Wiki edits:22
Is this even happening anymore? It seems weird that there's zero information about when these might come out, etc.

#38 User is offline grap3fruitman 

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

• Wiki edits:5
On Feb 16th @RetroBitGaming tweeted:

"Expected to release in late 2018! More details will be released as production becomes more finalized so stay tuned!"
https://twitter.com/...660200157270016

#39 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

• Wiki edits:22
Thanks! I looked for news but never found that tweet. Glad to hear it's still happening.

#40 User is offline Aesculapius Piranha 

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

• つづく
  • Project:Diva
  • Wiki edits:6
Seeing pristine Genesis packaging isn't just nostalgia, but like 12oz of the shit shot straight into my eyeballs via syringe

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users