Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Basic Questions & Answers thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 412 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Basic Questions & Answers thread NEWBIES: Start here!

#6166 User is offline Moon Alien 

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:18 PM

I'm trying to import Knuckles in Sonic using this guide : http://info.sonicret...es_into_Sonic_2

I ended up with an invisible debug mode that couldn't be turned off with B. In other words, you couldn't see Knuckles or even the rings before you wanted to put it in, but the rings or the other objects could be seen once inserted by pressing C. If I try to bypass Debug Mode by force (AKA : If Knuckles is main character, do not activate Debug Mode at all), the game freezes on the stage title card, I assume it might have to do with a faulty connection to Knuckles' graphics files, but all those seem fine. Obviously, the compiler had no issues, because I have a working ROM, but no Knuckles.

I made sure that every step was followed, I even went back and modified some of the code. I did modify a piece of code where Tails Alone could use Debug mode beforehand (http://forums.sonicr...74), if that's relevant. Is there an extra step left out of the guide to connect in Knuckles' graphics properly or possibly a modification to the code that might make everything not work properly?

#6167 User is online MainMemory 

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Have you altered the RAM layout in your hack? Knuckles' code from the KiS2 disasm uses hard addresses, which will cause all kinds of unpleasant effects if you add/delete/move any variables in S2's RAM allocations. To fix it, you'll have to go through and swap out the addresses for the appropriate labels. The SCHG RAM Editing page or a listing file from a clean disasm can help with this.

#6168 User is offline Kane 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

I'm having a little trouble here~

So recently I have ported the Sonic 2 level select to Sonic 1, and I was successful. However, today I tried to port the Sonic 3 sound driver to Sonic 1, And I get these errors:

C:\USERS\USER\DESKTOP\SONIC ROM HACK\S1DISASM-MASTER\_INCOBJ\09 SONIC IN SPECIAL STAGE.ASM(424) : Error : Label '@nojump' multiply defined
@nojump:
C:\USERS\USER\DESKTOP\SONIC ROM HACK\S1DISASM-MASTER\S2_MENU.ASM(33) : Error : Label 'emerald_snd' multiply defined
emerald_snd = $0093
C:\USERS\USER\DESKTOP\SONIC ROM HACK\S1DISASM-MASTER\S2_MENU.ASM(39) : Warning : Instruction has been word aligned
move.b #stop_sound,d0
C:\USERS\USER\DESKTOP\SONIC ROM HACK\S1DISASM-MASTER\S2_MENU.ASM(125) : Error : Illegal value (64416)
lea $fba0(a2),a2
C:\USERS\USER\DESKTOP\SONIC ROM HACK\S1DISASM-MASTER\S2_MENU.ASM(465) : Error : Illegal value (783000)
move.b #emerald_snd,d0

I spent almost an hour trying to fix these errors, and I had no such luck. Help?

• 412 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users