Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations - Unleashed Project v1.0 Available - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 23 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Generations - Unleashed Project v1.0 Available Sonic Unleashed stages in Sonic Generations PC, at 60 FPS

#331 User is offline S0LV0 

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

• Sonic Generations Helpdesk
  • Project:Abusing SMPS

#332 User is offline Eduardo Knuckles 

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

• Not a loved one, but the most hated person.
  • Project:Sonic Harder Levels
  • Wiki edits:66

View PostS0LV0, on 17 February 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

I mean I could try porting the night stages into the Classic slots and adding just enough layout stuff to make it traversable, but the only real utility will be to basically admire the geometry. I'd be willing to do it, actually, as long as you realize you'd be sacrificing the ability to play Classic in the normal levels for it.
I have a idea, but I think it wouldn't go to work well.

I've seen classic Sonic in Generations in some videos somewhere. But What do you guys think about changing the camera to the side-scrolling scheme in the Werehog parts? A "Classic Sonic (or Sonic RUsh only) style" should be implemented on these to make them playable with the modern Sonic. I dunno if this should work, but I think it would be better than remove the parts completely, and, the level should happen anyway... Or even these parts should make the classic Sonic to take the modern's place, so in a different form the level should be reimagined, taking in mind that porting Werehog and reinventing objects should be hard as fuck or impossible. I know nothing about Generations or 3D game modding, though I gave the idea.
This post has been edited by Eduardo Knuckles: 13 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

#333 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

• Wiki edits:22
Sorry ... but terrible idea. That would be incredibly broken and would play like ass. It would be better to just create new levels from scratch.

In any case, I don't think anything is going to be done with the werehog levels. S0LV0 has enough on his plate anyway.

#334 User is offline Paraxade 

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostTurbohog, on 13 September 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

In any case, I don't think anything is going to be done with the werehog levels. S0LV0 has enough on his plate anyway.

her plate*

but yeah, personally I agree. Sol's got way too much work to do already without tacking on the night levels. I don't think it would be very fun.

#335 User is offline S0LV0 

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:47 AM

Somehow forgot to post this here the other day.

#336 User is offline S0LV0 

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

I'm really sorry to say, but after a lot of stress and consideration, I'm cancelling 2.0

I wish I could've stayed passionate about it all the way, but the truth is it's doing more bad for me than good now.

EDIT: Dario's actually asked me to send him all my work in case he finds the time to continue it himself, so I guess the case is more that the project is on hold and I'm stepping down.
This post has been edited by S0LV0: 09 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

#337 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086
...Wow. I had no idea you felt like that. Its not worth your sanity to push yourself to finish this if you don't enjoy doing it.

I hope you feel better soon.

#338 User is offline Atendega 

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

• Lesser Sea Sponge
  • Project:Collecting insults
It goes without saying that your sanity and well-being are far more important than a Sonic mod. What you did show off always looked spectacular, for what it's worth. I wish you luck in your future endeavors, and really hope they're less taxing. Working on something you've lost passion for can be incredibly draining. I believe you'll find that anyone worth their salt will support you and your decision.

And you'll always have people there for you who will <3
This post has been edited by Atendega: 09 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

#339 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

• Wiki edits:30
Your well being comes first way before Unleashed Project.

While I loved 1.0, I'm not going to lose any sleep over 2.0 being canned. I'd rather be happy that you're not miserable working on it to be honest.

#340 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Yes absolutely, cancel this project if it's having any negative effect on your life. You don't owe anyone anything, it's a hack for a game that you're providing people for free. Take care of yourself and feel better, that's the most important.

#341 User is offline Aquova 

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

• Professional nerd in training
Your health and well-being should always come first. We will all be alright without a Sonic mod in our lives, and none of us would want you to continue on a project that you dreaded continuing. I hope you feel better soon, and that you find your passion again in another endeavor!

#342 User is offline redhotsonic 

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

• Also known as RHS
  • Project:Sonic Bash!
  • Wiki edits:24
It's sad news to hear UP 2.0 is getting cancelled (or on hiatus at least), but your well-being is far more important. Rest up and take it easy. I think I will have to showcase 1.0 on my YouTube channel next week as I still haven't done that yet, so that will be my tribute :)

#343 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
I fully support S0LV0's decision on this as there's no reason to keep pushing on finishing a project if you no longer get enjoyment out of it. Even less if it's actively harming your psyche and motivation to do other things. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

The 2.0 update will be on hold until further notice.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 10 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

#344 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

• 35% Cognac
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94
Best of luck to you S0LV0. Sorry that I wasn't able to help you like I said I was going to earlier on, my reasons were similar, but more having to do with being busy.

If the project is on hold, then it might be a good opportunity for some folks to form a new team to work on this. With no rush, I'm sure it'll be easier.
This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 11 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

#345 User is offline redhotsonic 

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

• Also known as RHS
  • Project:Sonic Bash!
  • Wiki edits:24
As promised, here is some gameplay and me commentating on the news. I hope I got all this correct and if there's anything you want me to correct, leave a comment and I'll pin it :)

YouTube link

• 23 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users