Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Next-Gen Sonic Xtreme fan game - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Next-Gen Sonic Xtreme fan game one I'm working on

#91 User is offline Tanks 

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:02 PM

• Wiki edits:1

View PostVangar, on Nov 27 2006, 01:03 PM, said:

Lol sonic high heels.

MY GOD! Don't you know elevator shoes whem you see them? :D any way I like how it's coming along, I'm sure your doing better than I did when I tried to make a 3D sonic game. I used the 3D model from the
x-treme site but it didn't come out to well. Then my computer erased... and that's the end of it... I think I was gonna' call it "sonic PC blast" uhhhh..... thank God it never got finished....

#92 User is offline Gen 

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

• This is halloween! This is halloween!
  • Project:The Mobius Engine
Better luck next time eh?

Right now I'm working on a new clean code base for the game. Jman2050 will continue to work on it from there, as I work out FMOD sound support.

#93 User is offline Gen 

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:30 PM

Just a little update (not much of one though), you can now get more up to date dev screenshots over at http://pr.sxtremenext.com/ .

Some people have also been asking me to include X character in the game. Simply put, no. There are some reasons for this as well:
- SEGA fucked up by adding more characters to the series (we're just adding one, and even he was based off a character from Xtreme)
- It's unnecessary for a good game
- The only "other" characters from the Sonic series would be Amy, Robotnik, and Metal Sonic. Amy just being used as a plot device

That doesn't mean we won't bring in more characters for Multiplayer (if we get to it).
This post has been edited by Gen: 04 December 2006 - 10:30 PM

#94 User is offline Billy 

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

• RIP Oderus Urungus
  • Project:retrooftheweek.net - Give it a visit and tell me what you think!
  • Wiki edits:15
Look's spankin', as usual. Keep it up, much luck, etc.

#95 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:37 AM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostGen, on Dec 5 2006, 03:30 AM, said:

Some people have also been asking me to include X character in the game. Simply put, no. There are some reasons for this as well:

I'mma comment.

- SEGA fucked up by adding more characters to the series (we're just adding one, and even he was based off a character from Xtreme)

YES

- It's unnecessary for a good game

YES

- The only "other" characters from the Sonic series would be Amy, Robotnik, and Metal Sonic. Amy just being used as a plot device

Just make it Sonic CD Amy, not the newer Amy (who is after all a product of the design team for Sonic Adventure). :P

That doesn't mean we won't bring in more characters for Multiplayer (if we get to it).

So Tails and Knuckles won't appear except for multiplayer? This I can see being the most argument-provoking one, but on the flipside there's not really much room in the game for them unless you do a S3K and have them going through the same levels, following their own paths.

#96 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:24 PM

• For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63
Hmm, looks good!

If you'd like, I could try and compile a Linux build... you know, as long as you didn't excessively used OSX-only libraries and what-not. I'd take a crack at making a Windows binary, but my Windows dev environment is... well, "shitty" is an overstatement =P

#97 User is offline Gen 

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

Sorry, but I can't make any of the source code open to the public. Anyone with a license to C4 is bound by an NDA not to. However, there will be both PowerPC and Intel builds of the Linux version. As soon as Capehill over at the Terathon forums releases the code to build C4 on Linux.

#98 User is offline Gen 

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:03 AM

Sonic XN is now Open source. We've decided to change over to the Sauerbraten game engine. Sure, it may not be as good as C4 graphics wise, but altogether, it's a much more solid engine (it's not considered pre-release for starters).

Anyone is welcome to help out now.

#99 User is offline Mad Echidna 

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:01 AM

• Gone
  • Wiki edits:4
I was skeptical before about your engine choice, but I looked into it and that engine supports bloom and gloss, the main effects that make nextgen games so damn pretty.

#100 User is offline Gen 

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:15 PM

It may support the basic things that make next-gen games look fantastic, but it still needs a better lighting system and a better model format (me and GhostManZero are currently working out what we need).

#101 User is offline Sith 

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

• The molotov bitch
I recently posted a topic about Ovine microcomputer remakes.
2 of them which are in 3D (Total Eclipse & Driller) look pretty good and run smoothly even with lower specs. (assuming they need a videocard)
Dunno what engine they're using or what it can (& can't) do, since I never bothered to find out.
Just want to play the games.
This post has been edited by Sith: 03 February 2007 - 05:56 PM

• 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users