don't click here

SonAR - Hosted by SeanieB

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Heran Bago, Apr 1, 2006.

1. MarzSyndrome

MarzSyndrome

Everything is going to the beat. Member
    I think it's related to the new server the site moved to a while back. I recall that the last server allowed virtual directory browsing without a problem. Hopefully the new server does allow the admin to set it up at some point to allow it though.

That sounds a bit strange. How are you using such files? Running them directly through an emulator or something?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Until I get my Sega CD all I can do is try to play them directly on an emulator. I'm guessing that doesn't work.

3. RingoKoi

RingoKoi

getting to know palette and music hacking
    Wow, this is the biggest archive of sonic roms I've ever seen, here's a virtual cookie (',) ;)

4. Iapetus

Iapetus

Spinball Elitist Member

<a href="http://sonar.heranbago.com/roms/Mega%20CD/Sonic%20CD%20proto%20920/dw-scd-187-Sonic-CD_920_(PROTO)-dumped-by-drx.sfv" target="_blank">http://sonar.heranbago.com/roms/Mega%20CD/...mped-by-drx.sfv</a>

Hopefully this helps everyone.

5. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Hello, I gave a much deserved fix to SonAR. Fixed are:
    All Sega CD titles
    All Sega Saturn titles
    All PC titles
    All PC Patches
    Sonic Rivals 1

Coming up are:
    More NDS carts
    A scene Sonic CD PC release
    Sonic 3d Blast PC US
    Sonic 3D Blast 2002 EU Xplosiv Label Budget Release
    Sonic & Knuckles PC Collection
    Sega Smash Pack 2

I am looking for a private torrent tracker with PSP stuff. If you have an invite or some info please tell me.

I'm considering how to add Sonic Xtreme (who is responsible for it, not sure if my version is original dump), all of drx's huge proto packs, and Sega Pico stuff.

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Sonic Xtreme? As in, the build with the test stage and the super jump released by ASSEMBLERgames, or is it one we've never seen before?

Call me interested if it's the latter.

7. I found something interesting on the Wikipedia page of Sonic R:
    This makes at least 5 different versions: original, Activision, Xplosiv, ValuSoft, and SoftKey.

8. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

I am pretty sure it's the fuckinghellthisisASSEMBLERGAMES one. What should I expect the default file names names to be? It's on one of these hard drives here...

Awesome and thanks. Thanks and awesome. I have 3 of them in total, one is a .mdf+.mds so I am guessing that uses CD audio. I am not going to test them because goddamn.

9. Nice site, plenty of ROM goodness!

But I really must comment on the layout... it's terrible, may I suggest a design upgrade? Was very hard on the eyes trying to read through all the ROMs.

No hard feelings of course, it's great what you've done :)

10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Hey guys. Friendly neighborhood Heran Bago speaking. Qjimbo's years of gracious hosting and bandwidth piggybacking/abusing have taken its toll, and Qjimbo has died of Canadian Cancer come to an end. On the 1st Qjimbo will not be renewing his hosting.

But now the site is under a new threat of no hosting. Is there any kind soul out there who would put up a couple gigs for a meek romsite?

But you there with no hosting to spare! You can help too!! DOWNLOAD THE STUFF from SonAR right now while you still can! I can't back it up neatly and orderly where I am now. If you want your own personal library of Sonic or you want to protect the future integrity of way too many over-dumps, go for it!

TurboTailz, I am open to suggestions.

11. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I'm downloading everything, will put it up in a torrent. Not ideal, but it should keep the collection out there until you're able to get hosting for it.

12. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6709470

Seed or die.

Can someone edit this into the OP?

I'll seed continuously until a stable home for these is found. Hopefully we'll see others doing likewise!

13. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

You are such a fine and upstanding gentleman. This is the best short-term solution I could have imagined.

14. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Dude just ask Voice, he's been hosting my shit for years

15. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Downloading now.

I'll put the link in my sig.

16. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Seanie B has reached out a helping hand and will be providing the new hosting for SonAR! I expect the transition to be super smooth. In fact, you might not even notice it! SonAR will be riding easy on the same box as SSRG and the lostsig network.

It has warmed my heart how you guys jumped to help out. The history of the prototype TNMT art in the Sonic Crackers overdump will be burned into the depths of the internet. I am in the debt of this Sonics community and generous individuals and will continue to provide these feeble ROMs so that future generations can tear them apart.

The torrent is mad awesome btw.

17. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I do apologize for how slow it is- seeding an 11.4GB torrent with a 1Mbps upload speed is a problem.

edit: New hosting is great news. Should I still bother with putting up a torrent for the Expert Software version of Sonic CD?

18. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

No need to, the site was brought over in its entirety.

19. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    You should have told me about the torrent, I could have done a webseed

20. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    He did:
    :colbert: