Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 2 HD General - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 33 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 2 HD General

#481 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

• Wiki edits:980
I'm excited to play this but the art style seems a bit inconsistent at times. I was only able to briefly watch the trailer on low quality but some art seemed either underdetailed or overdetailed, and overall my eyes seemed to drift to parts of the level that they shouldn't. I'm rushing this post before work, I might do a more detailed write up if I find time.

#482 User is offline WAC 

Posted Yesterday, 06:21 AM

• KITTIES!
  • Project:Kitty Pixel Art
  • Wiki edits:2
The Tails render for the for the desktop wallpaper has quickly become one of my favorite Tails drawings ever. I wish you guys were legally able to make a shirt with that art. I'd wear the hell out of it. lol Also super hyped about the demo.
This post has been edited by WAC: Yesterday, 06:21 AM

#483 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 PM

• Project:CNC Sculpture/Artwork
Well, there you have it folks, this is exactly the art direction the follow-up to Mania needs to adhere to. S2HD looks stunning. It's so so so much better looking than 3D renders. It really caught me off guard when I came across the video. I wonder what sort of position this puts Sega in? On the one hand Sega won't want to shut it down and look like jerks, but on the other hand a new Classic Sonic game will probably need to evolve beyond pixel-art (not because pixel art isn't an art form in its own and deserves appreciation, but because HD art will ultimately expand the consumer base). Sonic 2 HD perfectly succeeds at updating the classic look, while retaining the classic aesthetic. Not to diminish S2HD, but it serves as a proof of concept for further Classic Sonic art.

• 33 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Yandex