Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Return of Sonic XG? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 12 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

The Return of Sonic XG?

#166 User is offline 360 

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Looking forward to Sonic XG as much as Sonic Mania dude. Very much looking forward to your next update. Please do post once you have something to show.

#167 User is offline CornFlakes 

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

• Potato Chips
Yeah, XG does look super amazing so far, and I'm quite happy that we are getting close to a real release very soon. Can't wait to see more content in future updates, great work Joe!

#168 User is offline 360 

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View PostCornFlakes, on 25 August 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Yeah, XG does look super amazing so far, and I'm quite happy that we are getting close to a real release very soon. Can't wait to see more content in future updates, great work Joe!

Shaping up to be potentially the best Sonic fangame of all-time. I have that much confidence. It was a landmark game back in the early SFGHQ days and Joe's more recent work on iterating and improving it looks absolutely stellar. Graphically it's the closest game to the Genesis titles I've ever seen outside of potentially Sonic Mania.

I think it has the potential to be fucking amazing and it's awesome to see the release might be quite close on the horizon. Looking forward to the next update.
This post has been edited by 360: 28 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

#169 User is offline Axanery 

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:15 AM

• Project:Unannounced Crimson Engine Fangame
I know it's been a loooong time since the last post on this thread, but I actually put XG's last demo into widescreen (424x240, Mania's resolution) and put out a video of it: https://www.youtube....?v=R040hEg8Fos. There's quite a few glitches, and those can be fixed, but I don't plan on going further with it, I just wanted to see if it was possible (and it is).

#170 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

• Vampire Pixel Artist
  • Project:Sonic: Haven Home World
How much hell did you had to go through to make it in Mania resolution? Lol

#171 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

• match up tails to the cards
  • Project:you just can't catch 'em, wiggly worms
  • Wiki edits:20,569
Well if it's still Clickteam based I would assume it's still as simple as setting the resolution to 424x240. That's what it was like in the old days, anyway.

#172 User is offline Axanery 

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:39 PM

• Project:Unannounced Crimson Engine Fangame

View PostDarkVDee, on 24 May 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Tedious af, so many sprites and objects are reliant on it being 320x240 and I had to adjust every single one of them. Titlecards, perspetive objects, some black border that keeps the character from falling off the screen, fadeins/fadeouts, act clears, powerup labels, backgrounds, and more. Also if you don't know by now, Clickteam SUCKS. Hard. I don't understand how anyone can use this. There's basically no global-ness and almost everything is on a stage-by-stage basis. Which leads to a lot of duplicate and unnecessary things.

View PostBlack Squirrel, on 24 May 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

Well if it's still Clickteam based I would assume it's still as simple as setting the resolution to 424x240. That's what it was like in the old days, anyway.

If only it were that simple.

#173 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:59 AM

• Wiki edits:980
While this topic is recently active, anyone know how Nitemare is doing these days? There were health issues mentioned before in this topic... hope he's doing alright.

#174 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

• match up tails to the cards
  • Project:you just can't catch 'em, wiggly worms
  • Wiki edits:20,569

View PostAxanery, on 24 May 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Also if you don't know by now, Clickteam SUCKS. Hard. I don't understand how anyone can use this.

There's a reason Sonic XG was never finished. But choices were limited at the time - this was one of the best looking fan games ever made when that demo came out.

But it hasn't stood the test of time. Everything needs an overhaul.

#175 User is offline Hez 

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:39 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostAxanery, on 24 May 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostDarkVDee, on 24 May 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Tedious af, so many sprites and objects are reliant on it being 320x240 and I had to adjust every single one of them. Titlecards, perspetive objects, some black border that keeps the character from falling off the screen, fadeins/fadeouts, act clears, powerup labels, backgrounds, and more. Also if you don't know by now, Clickteam SUCKS. Hard. I don't understand how anyone can use this. There's basically no global-ness and almost everything is on a stage-by-stage basis. Which leads to a lot of duplicate and unnecessary things.

View PostBlack Squirrel, on 24 May 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

If only it were that simple.

I hate Clickteam as much as the next person, but FYI the newest version 2.5+ has a lot more global features. Makes this stuff TONS easier.

• 12 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users