Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SPOILER Sonic Forces Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 402 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 400
  • 401
  • 402
    Locked
    Locked Forum

SPOILER Sonic Forces Thread

#6016 User is offline RikohZX 

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

  • Posts: 313
  • Joined: 18-March 17
  • Gender:Male
Not that Super Sonic is really all that special anyway. You have no control at all over the transformation once you hit 50 rings, as Sonic will do it the instant you're on the ground and have control (which stands out in some stages since you can't transform in entirely automated sections), and the stages are so short and easy that it doesn't really give you much time to embrace the brokenness.

If anything, in certain stages Super Sonic is actually a detriment, like Arsenal Pyramid, since he gains speed and moves so quickly that slower platforming can be awkward to navigate.

#6017 User is offline Taylor 

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 29-July 08
  • Wiki edits:52

View PostD.A. Garden, on 07 December 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

I recently watched ShayMay's blind stream and he bought up a few things that has me thinking that 'Sonic Boom' Sonic might have been the third character at some point. Here's why:

  • The character proportions for the avatar fit 'Sonic Boom' Sonic very closely. Long, slender body and shape of the hedgehog's head.
  • You can unlock all of the 'Sonic Boom' Sonic equipment: Bandaged arms, bandaged shoes, neckerchief, etc.
  • The wire attack acting just like the electric whip tool.
  • The similarities of the Death Egg Robot (Phase 1 and 2) to a giant Lyric robot. When this was pointed out, I couldn't un-see it.

There might be more, but these points are already more than I expected to find. What do you guys think?

This is a semi-common theory I see but I don't know, the game feels too dedicated to having an Avatar. if anything, it's Classic Sonic that reeks to me of a character added in at the last moment :V

#6018 User is offline Ashram 

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 AM

  • Posts: 2225
  • Joined: 22-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Wiki edits:13
On a slightly different note, supposedly according to a couple of tweets by Tomoya Ohtani, one of the Sonic Forces soundtracks (Sounds like the Hi-Res Collection, which is just a compilation) will have remastered versions of Sonic Unleashed's instrumental "The World Adventure" and ending theme "Dear My Friend". Probably a tack-on to one of the digital soundtracks, but still, that's awesome.
This post has been edited by Ashram: Yesterday, 02:14 AM

#6019 User is offline Yeow 

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM

  • Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Posts: 931
  • Joined: 18-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sega of Darkest Peru
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash

View PostShaddy the guy, on 15 December 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

...Everyone?

This doesn't seem to be a surprise. Middling Sonic game gets middling reception and sales.


Apparently not everyone. I saw quite a handful of comments claiming Forces would get good sales, because "it's for the kids" and that demographic would be easily hooked by the custom hero playstyle and the edgy story/presentation.

A fair amount of those comments also used the same reasoning to declare Forces would also vastly outsell Mania in the process. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#6020 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted Yesterday, 11:45 PM

  • The saber calls for its master...
  • Posts: 6741
  • Joined: 27-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glendale, AZ
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostAshram, on Yesterday, 02:12 AM, said:

On a slightly different note, supposedly according to a couple of tweets by Tomoya Ohtani, one of the Sonic Forces soundtracks (Sounds like the Hi-Res Collection, which is just a compilation) will have remastered versions of Sonic Unleashed's instrumental "The World Adventure" and ending theme "Dear My Friend". Probably a tack-on to one of the digital soundtracks, but still, that's awesome.


Yo PM me that when it releases, love to take a listen.

#6021 User is offline Ashram 

Posted Yesterday, 11:48 PM

  • Posts: 2225
  • Joined: 22-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Wiki edits:13

View PostLanzer, on Yesterday, 11:45 PM, said:

View PostAshram, on Yesterday, 02:12 AM, said:

On a slightly different note, supposedly according to a couple of tweets by Tomoya Ohtani, one of the Sonic Forces soundtracks (Sounds like the Hi-Res Collection, which is just a compilation) will have remastered versions of Sonic Unleashed's instrumental "The World Adventure" and ending theme "Dear My Friend". Probably a tack-on to one of the digital soundtracks, but still, that's awesome.


Yo PM me that when it releases, love to take a listen.


Next time just PM me, no pirating talk in public. :v

One problem, the album is currently (And who knows, possibly indefinitely) digital and Japan only. So unless we can coerce a native Japanese Retro-goer, we're SoL.
This post has been edited by Ashram: Yesterday, 11:52 PM

#6022 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 PM

  • The saber calls for its master...
  • Posts: 6741
  • Joined: 27-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glendale, AZ
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostAshram, on Yesterday, 11:48 PM, said:

Next time just PM me, no pirating talk in public. :v


Oh I meant more Youtube links, should've been more clear. while I would like the album atm I can't even download albums due to my computer taking a shit I'm on a borrowed laptop with limited space. man I miss all my music...

View PostAshram, on Yesterday, 11:48 PM, said:

One problem, the album is currently (And who knows, possibly indefinitely) digital and Japan only.


Bah never stopped people before esp. if its going to be digital.

EDIT: Oh this brings up a good discussion point btw, the OST. How complete is it compared to the Gamerips that were first released in the usual haunts? to me the OST seemed pretty complete.
This post has been edited by Lanzer: Yesterday, 11:57 PM

#6023 User is offline Ashram 

Posted Today, 01:17 AM

  • Posts: 2225
  • Joined: 22-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Wiki edits:13

View PostLanzer, on Yesterday, 11:54 PM, said:

View PostAshram, on Yesterday, 11:48 PM, said:

Next time just PM me, no pirating talk in public. :v


Oh I meant more Youtube links, should've been more clear. while I would like the album atm I can't even download albums due to my computer taking a shit I'm on a borrowed laptop with limited space. man I miss all my music...

View PostAshram, on Yesterday, 11:48 PM, said:

One problem, the album is currently (And who knows, possibly indefinitely) digital and Japan only.


Bah never stopped people before esp. if its going to be digital.

EDIT: Oh this brings up a good discussion point btw, the OST. How complete is it compared to the Gamerips that were first released in the usual haunts? to me the OST seemed pretty complete.


Truthfully, I haven't sat down to listen to it yet. I didn't get the game, so I figured I'd go into the OST completely blind and listen to it that way, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Depending on my financial situation, if I don't see booklet scans and such up on VGMdb by Christmas-ish, I might pick up the OST and the vocal tracks album.

  • 402 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 400
  • 401
  • 402
    Locked
    Locked Forum

62 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 62 guests, 0 anonymous users

  1. Yandex