Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Question: how to emulate Pokémon Go? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Question: how to emulate Pokémon Go? Bluestreaks, or Nox, or ...

#1 User is online nineko 

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
Short story: I have a Nokia Lumia 630 with Windows Phone 8.1, ergo I can't play Pokémon Go, even if I would really like to. I waited a few months hoping that Niantic would make a Windows Phone version eventually, but at this point I'm more than convinced that they aren't going to, so I'm starting to look for other options. It turns out that there are at least two Android emulators for the PC: Bluestreaks and Nox, with the latter of them which is apparently tailored for the specific task of emulating Pokémon Go. I tried both of them, following guides and tutorials I found on the internet, but I can't get Pokémon Go to work, it either refuses to log me in, or it recognizes that I'm using an unsupported device, or whatever, I just can't do it. More research on Google seems to indicate that it's currently impossible to emulate Pokémon Go, once again I probably waited too long before trying.

Those emulators are also terribly slow, then again I tried them on my laptop and I guess that my other computer would perform better should I retry it, so this isn't a problem.

So, to get to the point, does anyone know how I can successfully emulate the current version (and future versions) of Pokémon Go? I know nothing about Android and I would be lost if I had to alter the apk.

Please give me precise directions on what to do, which emulator to download, how to configure it, if I have to alter the apk or install other apps, everything.

I know it's technically considered cheating but I'd really like to play that game.
This post has been edited by nineko: 16 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

#2 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
It's hard to say how possible that'd even be at this point. A recent update of the game banned jail broken or rooted devices from playing the game, even if the people playing it weren't cheating and had their phone modified for other reasons. They seem really hell bent on not letting anything outside of the approved, factory set operating systems access the game, and that includes websites that were designed to track where Pokemon show up. Every time something like that pops up, they quickly update their servers to prevent those websites or apps from accessing Pokemon Go's information, likely in an attempt to ensure their servers are not overloaded with extra activity.

Unfortunately for the time being you may be out of luck.

#3 User is online nineko 

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
Thought so. As I said, I looked into this with the worst timing possible, a mere few days after Niantic blocked everything.

#4 User is offline winterhell 

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:58 AM

Is buying a $100 720p android device out of the question?

#5 User is offline CHRdutch 

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:48 AM

• There's no dog food in it, I swear.
  • Project:A generic Sonic 1 ROMhack

View Postwinterhell, on 18 October 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

Who would pay $100 just to play Pokémon GO? I could understand it if someone used said phone as an upgrade to his old phone but otherwise it would be a lot of money for a decent game. And if you live in a rural area (like me), the game isn't as playable since the nearest Pokéstop is probably 1km/2km away from your home.

#6 User is offline NioZero 

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

• Project:Tornado Sky Fighters
  • Wiki edits:5

View PostCHRdutch, on 18 October 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

View Postwinterhell, on 18 October 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

Who would pay $100 just to play Pokémon GO?

I know a close friend who did that and now he has two phones and he even bought an external battery. I think is very probable he isn't the only one who did that.

Personally I recommend just buying a new phone and sell your old one. Considering that Niantic previous game, Ingress, never got released on WP, i wouldn't give hope to pokemon go.

#7 User is offline VolgShan 

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

I use to play pokemon go on blue stacks but after the last update it detects it as a rooted device but bluestacks is always working for a way to work around that block. keep checking in on them.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users