Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...
 

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

#31 User is offline Narstyle 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

  • Posts: 231
  • Joined: 07-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, UK
  • Project:Android Developments
How did you get the android files from a friend? Did you copy the hidden root folder possibly named .SonicCD on the sdCard?

Could this be mirrored to take a load off of sega's side?

#32 User is offline MDave 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

  • Head Ninja
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 28-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Wales
  • Project:BladeBattles - Indie PC game.

View PostNarstyle, on 15 December 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

How did you get the android files from a friend? Did you copy the hidden root folder possibly named .SonicCD on the sdCard?

Could this be mirrored to take a load off of sega's side?


I presume you are replying to me :)

The data files are saved to /sdcard/Android/data/com.sega.soniccd/

This is the internal storage on my phone, not an external sd card. No hidden folders or files.

I don't know if its ok to mirror the data files, even though someone can't use them to play the game until they buy it, since the .apk executable isn't part of the data files.
This post has been edited by MDave: 15 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

#33 User is offline TheBoshy 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

  • It's Boshy Time!!!
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 01-August 11
  • Gender:Male
I know it's been pointed out but It would be really nice to have the monitors in front of the springs.

#34 User is offline Shadow Hog 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

  • Avatar by Neoriceisgood
  • Posts: 3545
  • Joined: 05-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
  • Wiki edits:10
I found an inaccuracy to the original in Quartz Quadrant. In Act 1, head up to the very top of the stage immediately after starting, and stay on the top path until you reach (and grab) the Past sign. Then, double back to the vertical conveyor belt. Make sure it is yellow - that is, it'll spit you back out the top if you jump in. Now, do just that - jump in and enjoy the ride.

Sega CD original: the conveyor will trigger the time warping mechanic, allowing you to travel to the past with ease.
Android port: Nothing happens. It does not trigger the time warp.

This is really annoying, because I can't find another suitable place to travel through time; my attempts to use large flat areas keep getting foiled last-second by a bump or jump or something,

#35 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

  • DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Posts: 7478
  • Joined: 21-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostShadow Hog, on 15 December 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

I found an inaccuracy to the original in Quartz Quadrant. In Act 1, head up to the very top of the stage immediately after starting, and stay on the top path until you reach (and grab) the Past sign. Then, double back to the vertical conveyor belt. Make sure it is yellow - that is, it'll spit you back out the top if you jump in. Now, do just that - jump in and enjoy the ride.

Sega CD original: the conveyor will trigger the time warping mechanic, allowing you to travel to the past with ease.
Android port: Nothing happens. It does not trigger the time warp.

This is really annoying, because I can't find another suitable place to travel through time; my attempts to use large flat areas keep getting foiled last-second by a bump or jump or something,

I noticed this too and it made me want to rage. QQZ is really hard to go back in time in without that little gimmick.

#36 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

  • don't get butthurt if your get memed on
  • Posts: 3634
  • Joined: 19-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Winnipeg, MB
  • Project:Music for various projects.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostMDave, on 15 December 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

View PostNarstyle, on 15 December 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

How did you get the android files from a friend? Did you copy the hidden root folder possibly named .SonicCD on the sdCard?

Could this be mirrored to take a load off of sega's side?


I presume you are replying to me :)

The data files are saved to /sdcard/Android/data/com.sega.soniccd/

This is the internal storage on my phone, not an external sd card. No hidden folders or files.

I don't know if its ok to mirror the data files, even though someone can't use them to play the game until they buy it, since the .apk executable isn't part of the data files.


I found them in about 10 seconds with a Google search, for anyone else looking for them.

#37 User is offline TheBoshy 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

  • It's Boshy Time!!!
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 01-August 11
  • Gender:Male
On iOS: After beating the game I tapped the screen to skip the ending. The screen went blank I could hear sounds. I had to restart my iPod to get app working again.

#38 User is offline Rockman Zero 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

  • Hello there, my little friend.
  • Posts: 934
  • Joined: 27-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
  • Wiki edits:6
I know this may be near impossible, but I'd like to see the vocals for the JP intro and ending included as DLC, possibly with the R2 level and Final Fever.

#39 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

  • Posts: 8692
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spain
  • Wiki edits:18
Bubble related stuff:

  • Tails can't breathe from the large bubbles around Robotnik while swimming.
  • Bubble generators do not disappear when above water.
  • Sonic doesn't need to jump in order to reach the large bubbles (Tails shows the correct behavior, possibly because he's shorter).
  • After breathing from a bubble, the character's current animation doesn't reset to a very slow walking animation, if he was going fast (or was flying, in the case of Tails).



View PostIcewarrior, on 15 December 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Things to fix:
- I have no idea if this is intentionnal or not but the music that will be played during the race with Metal Sonic is the bad future one, even if I'm in the good future version of SS act 3.
I don't know about the US version, but the Metal Sonic race is always supposed to play the Bad Future music, in the rest of the world.

It makes it far more epic if you've "made a good future". =P
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 16 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

#40 User is offline Puto 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

  • Shin'ichi Kudō, detective.
  • Posts: 1988
  • Joined: 31-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal, Oeiras
  • Project:Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  • Wiki edits:51

View PostICEknight, on 16 December 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

View PostIcewarrior, on 15 December 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Things to fix:
- I have no idea if this is intentionnal or not but the music that will be played during the race with Metal Sonic is the bad future one, even if I'm in the good future version of SS act 3.
I don't know about the US version, but the Metal Sonic race is always supposed to play the Bad Future music, in the rest of the world.

It makes it far more epic if you've "made a good future". =P

Yeah, the Good Future JP song just doesn't work for a boss race. That's probably why Metal Sonic's theme in Generations is specifically Stardust Speedway Bad Future, too.

#41 User is offline Calamity James 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

  • Toot Toot Sonic Warrior
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 05-February 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maidstone, Kent
  • Project:Paying customs charges from Japan ¬_¬
  • Wiki edits:4

View PostLordOfSquad, on 15 December 2011 - 10:18 PM, said:

I found them in about 10 seconds with a Google search, for anyone else looking for them.

Ditto :) downloading now from MultiUpload at max speed, sucks that Sega don't have the same infrastructure :/

#42 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

  • A "Community Enigma"?
  • Posts: 1260
  • Joined: 23-January 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:51
Twice I've run in to a weird audio bug where three sound effects will play at random in order during a Time Trial run. I'm not entirely sure the circumstances or the specific order of the sounds, but it's something like the jumping sound, the ring collect sound, and the enemy destroyed sound. None of these sounds are coming from me doing anything and they are not related to a level-specific gimmick as far as I can tell.

(XBLA version)

Edit: I just had to hit Eggman twice before he would move up a level in Wacky Workbench Act 3.

Also, how the game detects "being crushed" seems pretty sensitive. Not sure if that's a bug, though, and it might've been that way in the original Sonic CD, but I've had a lot of deaths where I've jumped between two blocks and despite there being enough room for Sonic to fit and the blocks moving OUTWARD instead of INWARD, Sonic still dies.

And while we're at it, re: "Features that would be nice but aren't necessary", a friend was bugging me to request an option to skip the time travel animation altogether months ago (after hearing that Naoto Oshima's original intent was simply a short flash to separate eras of time) but I didn't want to burden Taxman, but I see IceKnight requested something similar, so I'll second that request.
This post has been edited by BlazeHedgehog: 16 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

#43 User is offline Icewarrior 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

  • I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!!
  • Posts: 496
  • Joined: 08-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

View PostE-122-Psi, on 15 December 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

View PostIcewarrior, on 15 December 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Things to fix:
- I have no idea if this is intentionnal or not but the music that will be played during the race with Metal Sonic is the bad future one, even if I'm in the good future version of SS act 3.


This is likely borrowed from the original Mega CD version, for versions using the Japanese soundtrack, the bad future music played whatever future you were in (likely for a more dynamic boss theme). This isn't in the US version or the PC/Gems version, likely because the US soundtrack has a less tranquil good future theme.

Does this occur with the US soundtrack option too?


Yes, I was actually playing with the US OST. This didn't happen in the original US version.
This post has been edited by Icewarrior: 16 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

#44 User is offline Calamity James 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

  • Toot Toot Sonic Warrior
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 05-February 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maidstone, Kent
  • Project:Paying customs charges from Japan ¬_¬
  • Wiki edits:4
Okay, I've finally got it going.

Has anyone else with a Galaxy Nexus had problems with running and jumping at the same time? The 'hitbox' for A seems to be in different places when pressing left and right, only when you're not pressing the D-Pad is it actually centred on the virtuial button.

I'll try and get a video...

#45 User is offline Calamity James 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

  • Toot Toot Sonic Warrior
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 05-February 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maidstone, Kent
  • Project:Paying customs charges from Japan ¬_¬
  • Wiki edits:4
Hmm, after restarting the game it appears to be working fine. Odd!

  • 33 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users