Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic Merchandise Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 67 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

The Sonic Merchandise Topic So you'll stop posting this stuff elsewhere

#976 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

• Model2wannaB
  • Project:Formerly Sonic the Fighters
I need this new Sonic jumper/sweater in my life so bad this winter!

Posted Image

#977 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 24 October 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

They call it ugly, but the design on the front is really cool.
Thanks for the link, just ordered one. I don't own any ugly holiday sweaters and this will be perfect. (Shipping to the US was free, 5 to 10 days.)

#978 User is offline Mecha Sally 

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:49 PM

The Dark Chao and Super Sonic plushies from TOMY are apparently available now. I heard that Target has them but the one by me had nothing. I can only find them on Ebay or other sites that are of questionable quality, and they're quite pricey. Why must cute things be so expensive? -_-

#979 User is offline Jason 

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:24 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
You guys across the pond have a Sega Shop now, albeit with some differing merchandise.

UK store
EU store

Big one right off the bat I see is you guys get exclusive Dreamcast and Alex Kidd stuff.
This post has been edited by Jason: 29 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

#980 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:06 PM

• Model2wannaB

View PostJason, on 29 October 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

You guys across the pond have a Sega Shop now, albeit with some differing merchandise.

UK store
EU store

Big one right off the bat I see is you guys get exclusive Dreamcast and Alex Kidd stuff.

US users get the annoying notice that they can't have anything shipped to them, but don't accept the cookies from the site. It causes a conflict with sega.com cookies.

#981 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:38 PM

View Postsonicblur, on 24 October 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Thanks for the link, just ordered one. I don't own any ugly holiday sweaters and this will be perfect. (Shipping to the US was free, 5 to 10 days.)

Random note on this one although I doubt anyone else ordered it. I remembered yesterday that I hadn't gotten a shipping email for it despite them saying delivers in 5-10 days and it had been 9 days since I ordered. So I emailed them. They sent me a back a reply with a screenshot of the product page with a bullet under product description showing that it's a pre-order and doesn't ship until the end of November. I replied back saying thanks, sorry I didn't notice that.

Then I decided to go back to the product page after viewing this thread and it doesn't have the line on it about the product being a pre-order at all. I tried Chrome too (I use Safari) and there's no line about it being a pre-order in that browser either. The only place I can see any indication of it being a pre-order is if I go to their main site and manually find it in the list of products, the thumbnail has a "Pre-Order" badge in the corner. But if you click it to go the product page, there's still no indication on the page that it's a pre-order. Not sure if it's a bug exclusive to their US site and since they're UK based they can't see it, or what the deal is. The wait is not a problem for me, but I thought I'd mention the delay here in case anyone else saw BSF's link and wanted to order one.

#982 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

View Postsonicblur, on 02 November 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

View Postsonicblur, on 24 October 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Random note on this one although I doubt anyone else ordered it. I remembered yesterday that I hadn't gotten a shipping email for it despite them saying delivers in 5-10 days and it had been 9 days since I ordered. So I emailed them. They sent me a back a reply with a screenshot of the product page with a bullet under product description showing that it's a pre-order and doesn't ship until the end of November. I replied back saying thanks, sorry I didn't notice that.

Then I decided to go back to the product page after viewing this thread and it doesn't have the line on it about the product being a pre-order at all. I tried Chrome too (I use Safari) and there's no line about it being a pre-order in that browser either. The only place I can see any indication of it being a pre-order is if I go to their main site and manually find it in the list of products, the thumbnail has a "Pre-Order" badge in the corner. But if you click it to go the product page, there's still no indication on the page that it's a pre-order. Not sure if it's a bug exclusive to their US site and since they're UK based they can't see it, or what the deal is. The wait is not a problem for me, but I thought I'd mention the delay here in case anyone else saw BSF's link and wanted to order one.

Replying to myself again.
Received the sweater today. Wow, my experience with this store has not been good thus far. First their US storefront did not properly indicate on the product page that it was a pre-order, then when I actually received the package they sent the wrong size. I ordered UK XL, which is US L, and they sent UK M, which is not correct even if you read the size conversion chart wrong. It comes in clear packaging, so I haven't opened it, but now they're closed for the weekend so I'll need to wait until Monday to figure out what to do about this. Doing returns on an international shipment isn't something I've had to do before, I'm sure it won't be cheap to send back. :(/>/>
Even if they were one size away from what I ordered it would have been fine, because I order a size larger on purpose for height not width. But two sizes under what I ordered is too risky.

Not trying to say "don't order from these people" but I thought it was worth mentioning since they made two mistakes now.

Edit: Update on this situation. I RMA'd the wrong-sized Sweater and they refunded me the return shipping cost. (They have a US based return address for US orders) They shipped the correct size 2nd day air. The size I ordered fits as expected. Everything is pretty much fine now. Sweater is pretty much as pictured.
This post has been edited by sonicblur: 30 November 2018 - 07:06 PM

#983 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:02 PM

• Model2wannaB

View Postsonicblur, on 23 November 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Replying to myself again.
Received the sweater today. Wow, my experience with this store has not been good thus far. First their US storefront did not properly indicate on the product page that it was a pre-order, then when I actually received the package they sent the wrong size. I ordered UK XL, which is US L, and they sent UK M, which is not correct even if you read the size conversion chart wrong. It comes in clear packaging, so I haven't opened it, but now they're closed for the weekend so I'll need to wait until Monday to figure out what to do about this. Doing returns on an international shipment isn't something I've had to do before, I'm sure it won't be cheap to send back. :(/>/>/>/>/>
Even if they were one size away from what I ordered it would have been fine, because I order a size larger on purpose for height not width. But two sizes under what I ordered is too risky.

Not trying to say "don't order from these people" but I thought it was worth mentioning since they made two mistakes now.

Now would be a bad time for me to point out that the official UK store has them now as well...(or the EU store, I don't know the difference)

#984 User is offline Scotty980 

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

Hello Retro! about a month ago, a Japanese auction surfaced for two SEGASonic the Hedgehog plush posters. I'm honestly not sure where these posters originate from, but my guess is that they were used as promotional material for places like Joypolis back in the day. For those who browse the site Sonic Gear, you'd know that the photos we had of these plushes were super low res and unpleasant to look at. However these posters capture them in much better detail! I hope whoever bought them will scan the two posters someday. Posted Image Posted Image

Just for comparisons sake, I'll post the ones from Sonic Gear too. Posted Image Posted Image
This post has been edited by Scotty980: 12 December 2018 - 11:43 PM

#985 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:37 PM

• match up tails to the cards
  • Project:you just can't catch 'em, wiggly worms
  • Wiki edits:20,569
Posted Image

https://picclick.co....3276328759.html

Really boring tat but exceedingly rare all the same - a Sonic & Knuckles-branded disposable camera. Unused from the looks of things.

#986 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:42 PM

• Model2wannaB
File this under "So close it counts"
Posted Image

#987 User is offline McAleeCh 

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:16 AM

• Wiki edits:27
Sonic Mania themed merchandise is now going up on the UK/EU SEGA Shop, themed both around Mania Plus and the Mania Adventures animations. Mostly different merch to the US store from what I've seen, but there's some shirts, a fridge magnet set, a mug and a framed print (the latter of which I think is the only one I've seen before on the US shop).

#988 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
Ooooh, the magnets are nice. Might have to get some of those.

#989 User is offline Pengi 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Jakks Pacific has acquired the Sonic toy licence and has been showing off upcoming products at New York Toy Fair.

https://twitter.com/...171489290403841

Posted Image

#990 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:38 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Ooh Ray and Mighty merch? A first!

• 67 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users