Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania: Hacking Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 47 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania: Hacking Discussion Will update when news comes out

#76 User is offline Marcus101RR 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

• Provisional
  • Project:http://leafosgaming.wixsite.com/leafos
As far as Cheat Engine goes, GREEN ADDRESS do not change unless the game is updated with new patch, which would offset those addresses. I have a cheat engine, looking forward to someone figuring out to enable the "Secrets" for Save files, rather than no-save option.

http://fearlessrevol...ile.php?id=5913

Now I am looking forward to seeing mods like "Sonic Classic Heroes" on this, I kinda wish Mania was an Open Mod API though, this game had so much potencial when it came to modding as it I felt Sonic Mania would have been a game that would let you run through All of Sonic 1, 2, 3 & K, CD levels remixed and not just selected ones.

A bit disappointed, but its finally what most sonic fans have been wanting for the last decade aside from Sonic Generations.
This post has been edited by Marcus101RR: 30 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

#77 User is offline King 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

View Postcodenamegamma, on 30 August 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

it just enables it. so yes it should work ANYTIME while in game. well normal game, not special stages. i just finished getting the value for speed in bluephere, so easy mode is possible.

Hmm, odd. I just tested this with my in-progress Knuckles game save and it isn't working. 8D05C8 address (1 byte) with the value of 1. Anyone else get this to work? Or am I just doing this wrong?

Have you figured out the underwater timer yet (in order to prevent drowning without using the water shield)? Or the address to force enable the level select on all modes/saved games? Or even a invincible/walk through enemies cheat? :P
This post has been edited by King: 30 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

#78 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostKing, on 30 August 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

View Postcodenamegamma, on 30 August 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

it just enables it. so yes it should work ANYTIME while in game. well normal game, not special stages. i just finished getting the value for speed in bluephere, so easy mode is possible.

Hmm, odd. I just tested this with my in-progress Knuckles game save and it isn't working. 8D05C8 address (1 byte) with the value of 1. Anyone else get this to work? Or am I just doing this wrong?

Have you figured out the underwater timer yet (in order to prevent drowning without using the water shield)? Or the address to force enable the level select on all modes/saved games? Or even a invincible/walk through enemies cheat? :P

you need to put EXACTLY This without quotes into the address

"SonicMania.exe+8D05C8"

Not just the address. the beginning tells Cheat Engine to use whatever the games Base Address is an offset from there to find the correct value.

you can look and find Green (static) values in Cheat Engine and they will work from Machine to Machine, but without them being in that format, they won't work. so if you pull an address from the memory browser you have to search it again and add it from the search to get it to come up in that format.

I Have also Found the Holy Grail.

Egg Reverie Super Sonic in ALL Zones!

This also allows for move set swapping. So...You Get a Dropdash, and You Get a DropDash...EVERYBODY GET A DROPDASH!!!
This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 30 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

#79 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View Postcodenamegamma, on 30 August 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

This also allows for move set swapping. So...You Get a Dropdash, and You Get a DropDash...EVERYBODY GET A DROPDASH!!!

Ooooohh. How is that done if you don't mind me asking. That is some good kinda abuse right there. Also moveset swapping? Does this mean we have a way to swap out the dropdash for the instashield/peelout?

BTW to get youtube videos to show up here just remove the s from https. The "media" tag doesn't really do anything.
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 30 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

#80 User is offline Stink Terios 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Tangentially related, is it possible to use the dev menu to reset medal progress?

#81 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

View PostDark Sonic, on 30 August 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

View Postcodenamegamma, on 30 August 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Ooooohh. How is that done if you don't mind me asking. That is some good kinda abuse right there. Also moveset swapping? Does this mean we have a way to swap out the dropdash for the instashield/peelout?

BTW to get youtube videos to show up here just remove the s from https. The "media" tag doesn't really do anything.

no, the Super Pealout and InstallShield are coded differently. i can make Sonic Fly, or knuckles Dropdash, but theres no way currently for me to get them to Super Peel out or Insta-shield.

View PostStink Terios, on 30 August 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

Tangentially related, is it possible to use the dev menu to reset medal progress?

no, but you can edit your save, i wrote up a thing about it a few pages back. just zero that section out.
This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 30 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

#82 User is offline King 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Got debug mode working. Was very easy to collect the Emeralds and beat the game four times (all 4 character sets with all Emeralds) using the debug mode signpost level skip. Tomorrow I'll do my no Emerald marathon and finish the perfect save file. :D

Thanks a lot!

#83 User is offline codenamegamma 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostKing, on 30 August 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Got debug mode working. Was very easy to collect the Emeralds and beat the game four times (all 4 character sets with all Emeralds) using the debug mode signpost level skip. Tomorrow I'll do my no Emerald marathon and finish the perfect save file. :D

Thanks a lot!

I Think with the Moveset Switching done, I might release the Cheat Table. though I'm not sure. I need to start working on the save editor and while it's been fun making the cheat table, I don't think much more can be done with it.

This post has been edited by codenamegamma: 30 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

#84 User is offline Azu 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

• I must be stupid.
I do wonder if we can proper unpack t he data file, can we edit what's in the debug cycle.

#85 User is offline SSUK 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

View PostRalakimus, on 30 August 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#86 User is offline King 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

View Postcodenamegamma, on 30 August 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

I Think with the Moveset Switching done, I might release the Cheat Table. though I'm not sure. I need to start working on the save editor and while it's been fun making the cheat table, I don't think much more can be done with it.

That'd be great and much appreciated! As for what's left, perhaps something like disable the Super music after transforming? The Super music is quite boring, IMO, and I'd rather listen to the zone music. I'm sure there's a lot of other people who'd agree with me there. :)

#87 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

• I'm not a furry.
  • Project:Castlevania prettyness
  • Wiki edits:5
very nice stuff with chest engine. While this is more of a bandaid fix / initial dive in what can be done to the game, it does make for a neat look into the potential of mods once any/all of these hack methods are able to be done via executeable/data editing. VERY interested in Egg Reviere SS on standard stages. Makes me wonder if its possible to nerf that power and make it that super flight drains rings faster or something like that; itd be fun to break the game in small bursts :p

I don't find the super music boring, its actually kinda fun. The issue with super music, like all forms of music interruption in Sonic games, is that its s complete tone shift and the *same track every stage.* Lack of variety makes any song get old the more you hear it, even if a song's quite good (the Unleashed jazz isnt a bad composition but you learn to hate it the more you hear it). Overexposure aint fun.

That said yeah a toggle for super music would be neat lmao.

#88 User is offline Ralakimus 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

Spoiler

#89 User is offline Arcaden 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

• Project:Sonic AMV: Boss - Big Arms

View PostRalakimus, on 30 August 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Spoiler

Pulp Solstice? That doesn't sound like an alternate name to Press Garden at all - maybe they changed the level during development and reworked old ideas into the new zone. Maybe that's where the Garden part of Press Garden originally came from?

Edit: reworded for clarity.
This post has been edited by Arcaden: 30 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

#90 User is offline RikohZX 

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

I can see it referring to the pulp of wood (and paper consequently), and the solstice of a holiday/season.
This post has been edited by RikohZX: 30 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

• 47 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users